Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:02 pm

Didn't see that coming. wow

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:57 pm

Adarius, Kendial, Nate AND Shakir ALL my picks for the week! I'm gonna kick ass on Fantasy this week! :rock: :rock:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:29 pm

Franklin was the QB I mentioned in the other thread that i wanted to start after Reilly got hurt, how do you like him so far?

Kind of sucks for Nichols that it stopped raining as soon as he was pulled. But, on well.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:23 am

Franklin's way more confident out there. Nichol's looks like a mouse in a cat house on the field most of the time. Franklin also seems a lot more perceptive and is VERY quick to assess the field and make smart decisions. Nichol's lacks that. He hesitates too much. Hopefully they'll give Franklin more field time while Reilly's out. I'd like to see if he's consistent.

Either way - Get well soon, Reillly!!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:02 am

wildrosegirl wildrosegirl:
Franklin's way more confident out there. Nichol's looks like a mouse in a cat house on the field most of the time. Franklin also seems a lot more perceptive and is VERY quick to assess the field and make smart decisions. Nichol's lacks that. He hesitates too much. Hopefully they'll give Franklin more field time while Reilly's out. I'd like to see if he's consistent.

Either way - Get well soon, Reillly!!!

Yea but I don't think Franklin has had his foot all most ripped off like Nichols has. :lol:

This will make your head spin Rose, I don't think Reilly has what it takes either. Last year his pass completion % was only 2.3% better than Nichols. What he does have is a team that believes in him, and his win at all cost attitude gets him a long ways, but then he ends up injured for a third of it.

Without their defense last year, which I think won at least 2 or 3 games on their own, the Esks. could have easily been a 500 team tied with BC and possibly wouldn't have made the playoffs. It seemed like the team sputtered quite a bit and when they needed a big play it was the defense that provided it.

I'm looking for a QB controversy in about 8 weeks with Reilly and Franklin in the mix. [B-o]

Nice problem to have.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:35 am

If anybody ends up with an extra QB, SK might be in the market...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:26 pm

Robair Robair:
If anybody ends up with an extra QB, SK might be in the market...

Well the Riders put the old guy on the 6 game injured list today, that's unfortunate. Maybe they'll catch the Esks sleeping Friday night like they were in the first game of the season against the Argo's rookie QB, and can at least break the losing streak.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:32 pm

Alta_redneck Alta_redneck:
This will make your head spin Rose, I don't think Reilly has what it takes either. Last year his pass completion % was only 2.3% better than Nichols. What he does have is a team that believes in him, and his win at all cost attitude gets him a long ways, but then he ends up injured for a third of it.

Without their defense last year, which I think won at least 2 or 3 games on their own, the Esks. could have easily been a 500 team tied with BC and possibly wouldn't have made the playoffs. It seemed like the team sputtered quite a bit and when they needed a big play it was the defense that provided it.

I'm looking for a QB controversy in about 8 weeks with Reilly and Franklin in the mix. [B-o]

Nice problem to have.

Reilly may only be 2.3% higher, but he has that drive. He isn't scared to run the yardage himself. That's part of what gives his team faith. If he can't get a pass off, he'll just run it himself. It doesn't do his stats any favours, but it certainly contributes to a lot of extra TD's through the course of a season. That's one skill Nichol's completely lacks. Thus far, anyway.

Edmonton's D was definitely phenomenal last year, and was most certainly the #1 contributing factor to them getting as far as they did. No argument at all.

We'll see about the controversy. I'm not convinced just yet. :lol:

It's the "other" green team tomorrow night.

Go Eskies, Go!!!!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:16 am

Drew Willy: The Ultimate tough guy! IN WILLY WE TRUST!

GO BOMBERS!!!!!!!!

-J.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:59 am

Nice problem to have.

Reilly may only be 2.3% higher, but he has that drive. He isn't scared to run the yardage himself. That's part of what gives his team faith. If he can't get a pass off, he'll just run it himself. It doesn't do his stats any favours, but it certainly contributes to a lot of extra TD's through the course of a season. That's one skill Nichol's completely lacks. Thus far, anyway.

Edmonton's D was definitely phenomenal last year, and was most certainly the #1 contributing factor to them getting as far as they did. No argument at all.

Go Eskies, Go!!!!

I think you said the exact same thing I said. :lol:

Except i remember they were outstanding at moving the ball between the 20 yd lines only to stall once in the red zone. Defense scoring TD's with the offense kicking field goals.

But hey!!! as long as they win, that's what counts.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:17 am

Nice problem to have.

Go Eskies, Go!!!!

I think you said the exact same thing I said. :lol:

Except i remember they were outstanding at moving the ball between the 20 yd lines only to stall once in the red zone. Defense scoring TD's with the offense kicking field goals.

But hey!!! as long as they win, that's what counts.

I agreed with everything 'cept the part about Reilly not being spectacularly awesome. I still think he is and you will not burst my the bubble. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:40 am

Only a Lion's fan would watch the rest of this second game. 8O

I did and it was painful to watch. As was last nights game. :roll:

Both games had strong starts by the Lions but everything went more or less downhill after the 1st quarter.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:18 am

I agreed with everything 'cept the part about Reilly not being spectacularly awesome. I still think he is and you will not burst my the bubble. :lol:

-7 hours until game time, [BB] hoping the Riders haven't been listening to the radio sports shows in Edmonton, those hosts were starting to sound like the moron Stampeder's radio hosts.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:23 am

-7 hours until game time, [BB] hoping the Riders haven't been listening to the radio sports shows in Edmonton, those hosts were starting to sound like the moron Stampeder's radio hosts.

I'z so excited!! Can't wait. Gotta figure out what we're gonna do for game day dinner tonight. LOL

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 14  Next