Ottawa  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 12

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:20 pm

Strutz Strutz:
I missed the first half of the game but saw most of the 2nd half. I'm happy about the result because the Lions need all the points they can get considering how well Edmonton and Calgary are doing so far this season.

Then you must have been rather disappointed when my Riders bounced right back from that loss and laid a bit of thrashing on your guys, Strutz. :D :P

Sure surprised the heck out of me.........though I loved every minute of the game.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:27 pm

I must say the first half of the game was interesting, to say the least, Strutz. One never knew which team would commit the next error only that it was bound to happen the way they both were playing.

After watching the Cats fall to the Redblacks earlier and having cheered as the Bombers put an end to the Eskimo's perfect record, I didn't know what to expect tonight. But one thing is certain, seeing the leading teams in the CFL take a beating gives me hope that the Riders might be able to win a couple more games. I'm a glass half full person.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:37 pm

Mowich Mowich:
Strutz Strutz:
I missed the first half of the game but saw most of the 2nd half. I'm happy about the result because the Lions need all the points they can get considering how well Edmonton and Calgary are doing so far this season.

Then you must have been rather disappointed when my Riders bounced right back from that loss and laid a bit of thrashing on your guys, Strutz. :D :P

Sure surprised the heck out of me.........though I loved every minute of the game.

They sure did! I missed the 2nd BC-Sask game as I had to work that night. Kinda glad I didn't watch it. :wink:

Last night's loss wasn't nearly as bad... only lost by 4pts but honestly the game was rather dull. The Lions need to get it together and soon!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:16 pm

Pretty darn good first Q for my Riders both offensively and defensively and they lead 14 zip at the end of the 1rst.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:23 pm

OMG............oh that Carter.......he just keeps outdoing himself. His latest? 113 yd put block return for TD which just happened to come directly after the Esks finally put 7 on the board.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:34 pm

Make the score 19 - 6 after the Riders put another 3 on the board around the 7 minute mark in the 2nd Q.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:53 pm

Riders lead 26 - 6 with :15 seconds left in the first half.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:33 pm

Rider O lagging a bit in the 3rd but D hangin' tough.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:43 pm

Uh, Riders just scored another TD off a TO. Riders lead 33 to 7 with just over 2 minutes remaining in the 3rd.

Not only that but wonder of wonders, I actually caught Chris Jones smiling!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:51 pm

And yet another..............as above - only the score is now 40 - 7 end of the 3rd

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:52 pm

There is no way the Eskimos credited the Riders with this much ability or they would have been better prepared.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:59 pm

Esks just one back after a fumble by our punt returner with Edmonton finally corralling the ball in the end zone for the 6 point and 2 more on the conversion. 40 - 14 early in the 4th. This is when I really pay attention to see how the Riders will respond to a bit of adversity.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:10 pm

10:00 in the 4th and the Riders have the ball after another TO by the Esks

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:17 pm

Vernon Adams our back-up QB got himself his first TD in the CFL and we now lead 47 - 14 about 8 minutes into the 4th.

That TD might not have come about without the aid of two back-to-back Eskimo off-side calls that gave us yet another set of downs. Hats off to the boys. :D

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:25 pm

We've been watching some of the game since early in the 3rd. Saw the score even at that point and figured you'd be happy. :wink:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 101 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next