Toronto  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 13

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 am

BRAH BRAH:
CFL 2018 is the year of Johnny Football.

Johnny Football may dominate the news but my guess is that given the CFL learning curve for QB's he won't dominate the field for at least a year or two if, he ever does. [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:26 am

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
BRAH BRAH:
CFL 2018 is the year of Johnny Football.

Johnny Football may dominate the news but my guess is that given the CFL learning curve for QB's he won't dominate the field for at least a year or two if, he ever does. [B-o]

BC Lions' Marcell Young blows up streaker with bone-crushing hit

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/bc-lions-marcell-young-blows-streaker-bone-crushing-hit-150800812.html

Looking forward to Johnny Football playing against the Lions. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:54 am

$1:
Johnny Manziel never made it off the sideline in Hamilton's regular-season opener, looking on as starter Jeremiah Masoli played in the Tiger-Cats' 28-14 loss to the Calgary Stampeders on Saturday night.

Manziel is making a comeback with the Canadian Football League team after being released by the Cleveland Browns in March 2016. The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M was 21 of 32 for 168 yards and a touchdown in two exhibition games.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:00 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
Johnny Manziel never made it off the sideline in Hamilton's regular-season opener, looking on as starter Jeremiah Masoli played in the Tiger-Cats' 28-14 loss to the Calgary Stampeders on Saturday night.

Manziel is making a comeback with the Canadian Football League team after being released by the Cleveland Browns in March 2016. The 2012 Heisman Trophy winner at Texas A&M was 21 of 32 for 168 yards and a touchdown in two exhibition games.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/fo ... story.html

21 of 32 in an exhibition game means that he had a pretty good game against the opponents practice squad, nothing more. If I had a buck for every new to the CFL QB who did great in training camp and exhibition games but turned to crap by the season opener and was eventually cut I'd be typing this on a gold plated Apple Surface Book 2 rather than this cheap ass Lenovo. :wink:

My guess is that given Johnny Football's head and ego he'll end up with a CFL career more like like Vince Ferragamo or Ricky Williams than Doug Flutie and the only reason he's in Hamilton is the American Head Coach with no CFL experience wanted him because as everybody knows, despite the differences in the leagues "football is just football" ROTFL

But, it's still nice to see the Chicago Tribune is keeping an eye on him because for our league any exposure south of the border is good exposure.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:52 pm

Well that was a good game!

We were sitting very close to the lady who caught the ball that the Lions scored their 2nd TD with and threw into the stands.

The almost-streaker was hilarious to watch run around the field before he got taken out. Everyone around us was cheering :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:32 pm

Strutz Strutz:
Well that was a good game!

We were sitting very close to the lady who caught the ball that the Lions scored their 2nd TD with and threw into the stands.

The almost-streaker was hilarious to watch run around the field before he got taken out. Everyone around us was cheering :lol:

Oh yeah, that was one helluva good hit..... [hockey] [hockey] PDT_Armataz_01_37 PDT_Armataz_01_37

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:28 am

Got to meet two of the classiest and down-to-earth guys in football today, here in my town!

1:
PlayersCover.jpg
PlayersCover.jpg [ 61.56 KiB | Viewed 137 times ]

I have always wanted to meet my favourite CFL receiver of all time, Milt Stegall. Was awesome to shake his hand and get a pic! The bonus was also being able to meet Damon Allen, and both players were all too happy to sign my Grey Cup 101 football!

0:
smallball.jpg
smallball.jpg [ 89.8 KiB | Viewed 168 times ]

I have always wanted to meet some professional athletes, but have always been unlucky and usually missing out. This time, I finally made it!

Pure class from those two. Even thanked me for being a CFL fan, and Stegall even made a joke about my Kevin Glenn jersey (The only player/number I have).

:rock: :D

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:20 am

Very cool Cdn Patriot! [B-o]

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:45 pm

Touchdown!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:31 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Got to meet two of the classiest and down-to-earth guys in football today, here in my town!

1:
PlayersCover.jpg

I have always wanted to meet my favourite CFL receiver of all time, Milt Stegall. Was awesome to shake his hand and get a pic! The bonus was also being able to meet Damon Allen, and both players were all too happy to sign my Grey Cup 101 football!

0:
smallball.jpg

I have always wanted to meet some professional athletes, but have always been unlucky and usually missing out. This time, I finally made it!

Pure class from those two. Even thanked me for being a CFL fan, and Stegall even made a joke about my Kevin Glenn jersey (The only player/number I have).

:rock: :D

-J.

Really enjoyed reading this, CDN Pat and happy that you fulfilled a dream.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:52 pm

I'm still somewhat in a state of disbelief over my Riders win last night especially as I was ready to pack the game in - not that I ever would, at half-time. Then the Universe delivered a brand new team in the second half and they ruled the 3th and 4th Q's. I keep seeing flashes of this team and only wish that they could be on the field a bit more. The first half was really abysmal, but the coaches learned their lessons, I'll give them that. And, much as I still bemoan Duron being at CB, he was solid against Tolliver last night. It was good to see the QB carousel end and Brendon given the chance to learn from his mistakes on the field. Given that, he was solid in 2 quarters of football.

One of Brenden's best executed plays of the night was a well-faked pass followed by a picture perfect one to a wide-open Rosie in the end zone. Our D was the only reason we were still in the game come half-time though we were down 10 points. It didn't let up in the 2nd half and were surely glad to see the offense come alive. It was a good night for Rider fans.

Currently, I am watching BC in Ottawa. The Redblacks just got on the board with a FG about midway through the 1rst Q. The Lions have yet to score.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:09 pm

The Lions lead 14 - 9 at the half. The RBs turned into their own worst enemies by taking some very costly penalties which considering their inability to get into the end zone doesn't help their cause. All their points come from FGs while the Lions have two TDs.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:55 pm

In the dieing seconds of the last quarter Trevor Harris and Brad Sinopoli manufactured a nine-play drive that took them right into the end zone for what proved to be the winning TD of the game. The RBs pulled this one out of their hat. Good on them. Harris had more passing yards in the first Q then in the entirety of his last game. He finished this one with 363.

Final Score: 29 - 25

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:10 pm

I missed all of the first half of the Winnipeg vs Toronto game being played in the Argos backyard. Came in half way through the 3rd Q to find the Bombers with a pretty commanding lead. The Argos closed the gap but the Bomber D dug-in and prevented TO from getting anywhere near FG range let alone the red zone. Bombers win this one on the road 38 - 20. Andrew Harris had himself a 155+ yard rushing night and Matt Nichols was no slouch in the pocket but I didn't catch his stats.

Montreal will be the Calgary's stomping grounds later to take on the Stamps...I am expecting a bit of a blow-out for the Stampeders.....but hey, it's the CFL...bets can be iffy in this league.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:59 pm

I got home from work and caught the second half of the Bombers/Argos game. My Bombers look pretty damn good in offence, but the defence is still giving up too many plays. Also, a couple of stupid turnovers really drove me nuts, commanding lead or not.

Nichols and some of the receivers need to be more careful with the ball, and the defence needs to contain a little better than they do as of late.

-J.