Ottawa  0%  [ 0 ]
Toronto  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 10

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:00 pm

The Saskatchewan Roughriders are First in the West and have secured a play-off berth by beating the Edmonton Eskimos in the dieing seconds of the game tonight. WTG Riders!!!!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 7:50 am

Yea that was a good game! The last drive was awesome

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:36 am

Mowich wrote:
The Saskatchewan Roughriders are First in the West and have secured a play-off berth by beating the Edmonton Eskimos in the dieing seconds of the game tonight. WTG Riders!!!!!

I'm pretty sure we had that secured a couple of weeks ago on Sep 30th. This I think was to keep our chances for first place alive. Now all we need is Calgary to stumble and if we win we can secure that coveted position and get healthy before the Conference Final. [cheer]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:32 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
Mowich wrote:

I'm pretty sure we had that secured a couple of weeks ago on Sep 30th. This I think was to keep our chances for first place alive. Now all we need is Calgary to stumble and if we win we can secure that coveted position and get healthy before the Conference Final. [cheer]

I figured we had first place well in hand Freakin' but was not so sure about a play-off berth. Looking forward to whupping the Eskies again next week so we can host the Western Final. If we can beat them in their own backyard, I doubt we'll lose in our own. Was ever so glad to see the Hoovers beat the stumps - that helped us out too.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 12:35 pm

Robair wrote:
Yea that was a good game! The last drive was awesome

I just love it when we get the ball back in the dieing minutes of the game and control our own destiny while shutting out any chances for the opposition. IMHO, Commander Cody - as some are calling our QB is the best thing that has happened to our team since we traded DD away. The other fortunate thing is that McAdoo must have taken some offensive play training during the off-season because his schemes this year are heads above his performance last year and for that I give him as much credit as all the discredit I gave him last year. LOL

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:23 pm

Riders without their star QB still managed to get a win over the hapless and heavily penalized Eskimos and thereby clinched first place in the West. No matter what happens between the stumps and the lions today, Calgary will finish in second place. How sweet it is. Rock on Riders.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 4:43 pm

If you'd asked me if a rookie head coach who's best job in the organization was the special teams co ordinator would become a great head coach I'd have laughed at you.

But apparently I was mistaken and after some reflection I think we may have gotten the best Dickinson brother. LOL

Now to rest and get healthy before the Western Final and here's hoping Calgary and Winnipeg beat each other into a bloody pulp. [cheer]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:18 am

Hooray, the Bombers made it to the Grey Cup final! [cheer]

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:56 pm

The Hamilton Tiger Cats vs the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.......going back to the late 50's and early 60's when they played each other for the Cup no less than 7 times. I grew up in Winnipeg during that time, before moving out to the Coast, so the Bombers have always been my "Home" team, even if the Lions are, or were, my favorite team these days. Sunday in Calgary will hopefully be clear, calm and cold, it should be a great day for football. Winning the Grey Cup has been a long stretch for both teams, unfortunately for Hamilton the wait is, hopefully, going to last somewhat longer. :wink:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 pm

BLUE BOMBERS WIN THE GREY CUP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment:
CHAMPS.jpeg
CHAMPS.jpeg [ 54.65 KiB | Viewed 2 times ]

2019 CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachment:
cup.jpg
cup.jpg [ 14.58 KiB | Viewed 76 times ]

THE DROUGHT IS FINALLY OVER!!!!

https://www.tsn.ca/andrew-harris-winnipeg-blue-bombers-run-over-hamilton-tiger-cats-to-win-107th-grey-cup-1.1403161

:rock: :rock: :rock:

[cheer] [cheer] [cheer]

I don't think I've been this happy in quite some time. It feels....good :D

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:31 pm

Nicely done, 'Peg. Now hopefully the Jets win the Stanley and you can actually have the right call yourselves the City of Champions. As opposed to (ugh) Edmonton. :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:32 pm

I'm always happy when a Canadian team wins the Grey Cup.

[B-o]

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:15 am

Was really hoping for a Cats win but the Bombers brought their A-game and well deserve the win and the Cup. Especially happy for Zach after the year he's had. Congrats to the Bombers and their fans.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:59 am

Should've put money on that game. Was the only one here (at work) that figured the Bombers were going to win it :D

Coulda woulda shoulda

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Attachment:
HARRISCUPWPG.jpg
HARRISCUPWPG.jpg [ 213.17 KiB | Viewed 5 times ]

VICTORY IS SWEET!!!!!!!!

#ForTheW

-J.