Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:50 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story ... nipeg.html

Quote:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers fullback Jon Oosterhuis has been fined by the CFL for wearing pink gloves in support of breast cancer awareness during a recent football game.

After the Oct. 23 game against the Toronto Argonauts, the football league promptly slapped him with a $200 fine for violating the uniform policy, which requires players to wear only team-approved colours.

A number of players on different teams in the league had requested to wear the gloves in games this month, but were given strict orders by the CFL to not do so.

What the Hell?? [huh]

Quote:
Saskatchewan Roughriders defensive tackle Marcus Adams and Argonauts defensive lineman Kevin Huntley were among those disappointed by the decision.

"It's very frustrating because this is a professional league, and the NFL is a professional league, and that whole league supports pink and breast cancer and stuff like that, and I don't understand why this league don't support it and I never will," Adams told NewsTalk 980, a radio station in Regina.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:48 pm

I hope the CFL gets ripped apart for this.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:08 pm

Isn't this the same guy who wanted to wear pink for his grandmother who is a cancer survivor? I think the CFL is totally F-Up on this one.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:16 pm

Laudable though the sentiment is, I agree with the CFL on this. If they make one exception...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:59 pm

Yogi wrote:
Laudable though the sentiment is, I agree with the CFL on this. If they make one exception...

I'm either in complete firm opposition with you or I've misunderstood your comment.

Why does the colour of the gloves matter? You worried everyone will suddenly start wearing rainbow gloves or something?

There's not even any logic...

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:30 pm

Mr_Canada wrote:
Yogi wrote:

I'm either in complete firm opposition with you or I've misunderstood your comment.

Why does the colour of the gloves matter? You worried everyone will suddenly start wearing rainbow gloves or something?

There's not even any logic...

:roll:

The 'logic' being that , this time it's 'pink gloves for cancer', next time... it would be little baggy green capri's and square buckles on their shoes in support of Leprechauns/St Paddy's day or 'Rainbow' jerseys in support of all the gay football players... ad nauseum!

...uniform policy, which requires players to wear only team-approved colours.

Last edited by Yogi on Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:45 pm

Yogi wrote:
The 'logic' being that , this time it's 'pink gloves for cancer', next time... it would be little green capri's in support of Leprechauns/St Paddy's day or 'Rainbow' jerseys in support of all the gay football players... ad nauseum!

uniform policy, which requires players to wear only team-approved colours.

R=UP

There are incidents where the whole team will wear a special piece of apparel to support one cause or another, which I have no problem with, but one player doing so on his own initiative is breaking the rules and should therefore have to pay the price.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:00 pm

I could understand maybe something like the whole team wearing a black armband or black cross on their helmet in memory of an active teammate who passes away during the season. But if the CFL didn't put a stop to 'add-ons'; Nip it in the bud, if you will...