Canadian Forums

NFL or CFL
CFL  65%  [ 41 ]
NFL  17%  [ 11 ]
Both  17%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 63

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 12:38 am

Just intrested to see who watches what... myself im 100% CFL but thats what i was rasied with

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:36 am

I'm CFL. I'm not interested in the small field and what apears to be an endless number of downs in NFL games.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 1:09 pm

CFL for sure. I don't see how many people here in Canada can follow an all-American league. There was more hype of the Super Bowl than the Grey Cup here! You dont see People in bars all across America cheer for their favorite CFL team.

VIVA LE CFL!
older and wiser and our balls are bigger![/i]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:57 am

Well, I follow the NFL way more then I follow the CFL.

I still watch the CFL once and while (actually more this year then ever before) as one of my friends plays for the Blue Bombers, but the NFL is what I prefer.

I know, I should support my Canadian teams, and I am getting better. 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2003 11:14 pm

I watch both but prefer the CFL

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 6:11 am

Johnny-Canuck, it is interesting that you should mention all the hype in the NFL. One of the biggest criticism I've heard from Americans about the CFL is that it is just not exciting like the NFL.
When I request an explanation of 'not exciting', I get the same reply 'not exciting'. Here is my interpretation: Canada doesn't spend enough money on fancy advertisements, concerts, colours and logos and any other type of non-game activities during the football game and this is boring. If this is true, I don't find it to be a bad thing. Any thoughts on this?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2003 10:20 pm

GO CATS GO!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 2:20 pm

can anyone tell if there are any C.F.L video games on the market tried N.F.L cant get used the 4 downs I screw up a lot with those .Thanks guys

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2003 6:09 pm

99% doubt that there will be a CFL game. All you could do I guess is edit the rules in the game from 4 to 3 downs.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:18 am

$1:
99% doubt that there will be a CFL game. All you could do I guess is edit the rules in the game from 4 to 3 downs.

tried doing that just doesnt work which is a real bummer thanks anyways

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 7:49 am

I have been a die hard New Orleans Saints fan since 1988 and I watch just about every NFL game that is televised . I never have seen a CFL game , but I may be able to this upcoming season due to the addition of several sports channels from my cable provider . 8)

Of interest : http://www.cfl.ca/cflnews0302/27_cfl2.html The link does not take you directly to the article I intended , so just click on CFLNEWS for news updates .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:23 pm

I grew up watching the CFL...my fav team...TiCats!
I was lucky enough to go to a game in Hamilton a couple of years ago.
Ticats vs BC Lions...what a stadium! Because it's small, you're so close to the game! Plus I was lucky enough to have third row seats on the players side....I was in heaven!!!
I've watched alot of NFL(esp. Monday night football)....good...more hype and flashier for sure...but I still love the CFL!!!
CFL ...faster game and pure football...no hype!!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 12:41 pm

I use to be a big fan of the NFL but the last few years it become boring. The CFL on the other hand seems to be hitting a stride and is a hell of alot of fun to watch. I didn't watch one NFL game last season. Just can't get into it. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 1:00 pm

The last few superbowls have been pretty good. Baltimore defence rocked.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2003 8:45 am

Does anybody know when the CFL season opener is?