CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:35 am

I am just curious to know how good you high school foot ball is.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 9:40 am

buffan buffan:

A little bit lower than girls Rugby.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:17 am

high school football in this area doesn't get the recognition like it should and it's usually left out with the sports media

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:17 am

Here in Abbotsford, it's quite good. In the last two years, two high schools here have won the BC championships (Rick Hansen Sec. and W.J Mouat).

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:23 am

If you're comparing Canadian high school football to American high school, they usually are better than us in most cases. It might not be the same in other areas but when I went to school in southern Alberta, they used to play against my school sometimes and they usually kicked the *beep* out of us. If you're talking about soccer, I have no clue.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:34 am

Totally agree Tman. When I was at Rick Hansen, our senior football team went down to San Diego to a play a team there. As you would expect, they were owned. Though, there were fringe benefits (California girls).

Football is just more institutionalized in the US. Just watch King of the Hill and you'll see what I mean. Who we would consider a great QB here in Canada is merely average in the US.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:36 am

Yep, it's their sport after all just like hockey is to us. Although one must wonder since it's not like their guys are bigger than ours....no sexual pun intended.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 8:48 pm

buffan buffan:

It's good.
I play DB for the John Barsby Community School Junior Varsity Football team, in Nanaimo, BC (Canada:P).
Van Isle Football is the stuff.
To the dood who thinks its girl's rugby, you've never played it im guessing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:57 am

buffan buffan:

A little better than the spelling in the question and a lot better than the '06 Ticats. Rename them Paper Tigers.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:20 pm

I know most teams in Edmonton are so-so, but the all-stars from the Edmonton high school division usually get scholarship offers from US universities. (I had two friends who got them, one for a school in North Dakota and the other in Michigan). They weren't top tier schools, but they were good football schools nonentheless.

Like Tman & Xerxes said, our teams up here aren't in the same league as US high schools, simply because high school sports aren't very popular. If we had similar financial backing and community support, then who knows how good they'd be?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:31 pm

I think it is rather lame but I'm only judging it from the annual bow valley rivalry and that event is pretty mixed with everyone from talented freaks to high school and college football players . Very intense game and alot of talent . Its usually one game only but sometimes they've played 2 or 3 times per year .

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:50 pm

Most seem to be pretty good, but we're not fanatical over "football" the way Americans are, and we're not fanatical about football the Europe is... :wink:

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 1:23 pm

When I was in High school(4yrs.ago) more then half the hockey team also played football, not for the love of the game but just to hit people.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:39 pm

PluggyRug PluggyRug:
buffan buffan:

A little bit lower than girls Rugby.

Have you SEEN girls rugby? They are bloody vicious....believe me, I watched them play many times after or before my games in Ded Deer. There wasnt a game that didnt have injury and players being lifted off the field.

Think what you might, but girls rugby is pretty brutal.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 5:10 am

If you think the rugby is brutal, stay away from field hockey! XD