canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:42 pm

Whelp, the new Ace Combat is out and all I can say is what a letdown. Honestly many of the new features they added have done nothing to make the game more entertaining, if anything it feels more restricted and tedious. The helicopter/gunner/bomber missions are poorly set up and force you to wait until the battle is finally over to fly at mach speed again. I have completed a couple missions so far and I feel no grip from the storyline, and I rarely get to see my mission successes pay off because for some reason planes unlock on their own as do the special weapons.

The closer combat battles are also a nuisance as the so called 'shooting far off dots' only occurred during the initial stages, once a dogfight broke out you were in what a real dogfight would look like. This new system to make combat even closer is annoying due to the fact you have little control over your aircraft and steers you against your will at times, due to the fact that half the maneuvers made in the mode would require superhuman timing. More than once I have found myself fighting the aircraft to stay locked onto an enemy.

I know I have other comments that are not coming to me at the moment but other than the improved graphics and map, nothing I say will be nice. Overall I feel that I will be completing it once just to say that I did and then go off to cleanse myself by playing Ace Combat 6 for the twentieth time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:06 am

japanese story lines never make any sense...they are inane. At least that's what i found in a couple of the earlier games. The air combat is cool though. They were both PS 2 games.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:21 am

ShepherdsDog wrote:
japanese story lines never make any sense...they are inane. At least that's what i found in a couple of the earlier games. The air combat is cool though. They were both PS 2 games.

I found the previous plots were actually pretty entertaining and would rapidly suck me in, in this one it just lacks that draw of the previous ones. Plus there is the fact a lot of AC games draw on the plots of previous AC games, AH just lacks any connection or draw.