canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Was finally convinced by a few to get Battlefield 4....so I bought the digital deluxe download from Origin. I noticed that there are quite a few expansions, and the game comes with the China expansion already. What are some of the better expansions to purchase in the future?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:14 pm

I purchased the basic when it first came out just to see what all the hype was about. Didn't care for it at all so didn't bother with the extras. I think the Deluxe or Premium comes with all the map expansions.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:05 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Was finally convinced by a few to get Battlefield 4....so I bought the digital deluxe download from Origin. I noticed that there are quite a few expansions, and the game comes with the China expansion already. What are some of the better expansions to purchase in the future?

Whoever convinced you to buy this dog must be someone who ascribes to the "misery loves company" theory because the game a year after release is still a walking, talking disaster.

Don't waste your money. Most people that are still playing are playing the vanilla maps because they didn't want to get sucked into more EA crap. The Netcode is still the worst of any FPS and gets worse with every patch. The hackers have arrived big time, the high ping players ruin most matches and Punkbuster/FairFight do nothing to stop the paid cheats. So, when you combine all that nice stuff with the community who have turned into a bunch of whiney 12 year olds you end up with another version of Call of Duty but under the Battlefield name.

And, if you don't believe me just spend a little time on their forums and you'll see how many people are still having issues, how many people are arguing about hackers and how many people are insulting each other because the level of intelligence of the community has been dropped to the lowest common denominator by the Call of Duty Crowd who ported over.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:05 pm

Yeah ted, yer definitely a pod.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:12 am

Freakinoldguy wrote:
and how many people are insulting each other because the level of intelligence of the community has been dropped to the lowest common denominator by the Call of Duty Crowd who ported over.

Hey man! Don't go blaming me! I went back to playing Black Ops II because Ghosts sucks so bad and there were more people playing it than Ghosts. And I have some pretty good discussions with random people, for the 45 seconds while we're in lobby. Until the lag hackers show up, that is.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:01 am

I ditched BOs after a few days and went back to W@W. Still full servers out there and not many mouthy school kids. I play Crouch servers and they are still quite busy.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:55 am

Regina wrote:
I ditched BOs after a few days and went back to W@W. Still full servers out there and not many mouthy school kids. I play Crouch servers and they are still quite busy.

The last CoD that had dedicated servers, Black Ops, I played some of those crouch servers. And 'no running', and 'no tube' . . .they were different. Good in some ways, bad in others.

I much prefer dedicated servers with always on admins, but there are so few games that use them anymore.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:27 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Regina wrote:

The last CoD that had dedicated servers, Black Ops, I played some of those crouch servers. And 'no running', and 'no tube' . . .they were different. Good in some ways, bad in others.

I much prefer dedicated servers with always on admins, but there are so few games that use them anymore.

http://www.politeandfriendly.com

Try one of these servers. Lots of Admins so kids behave themselves. I'm an Admin here. It's crouch for W@W and BO but I think one of our BF4 servers is full run and gun, but all are potty mouth and hack free.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:13 am

I'm currently enjoying the China Rising expansion courtesy of my Premium account on Origin. BF4 was crashing my video card and OS (blue screening) incessantly when the game first came out but now that they've fixed some code and now that NVidia has issued a whole management package to optimize the game for my card things are much better.

To avoid crashes here's what I do:

1. I boot the computer and then disable everything I do not need to have running to support the game.

2. I don't use TS but instead I just use the in-game VoIP.

3. I keep a record of what servers cause my machine to crash the most and I avoid them. Right now I'm mostly on the [pRc] hardcore server and I'm not having any crash problems. Other people on the server say the same thing...indicating that the crashes are somehow linked to server settings in addition to client settings.

Okay, and yes, the game play has suffered with the run-n'-gun crowd coming onto the game. I mostly play sniper unless I get pissed and then I play engineer or support and I'll absolutely troll the hell out of whoever ticked me off.

I've also been playing commander as of late and enjoying it even on the maps where you're not supposed to be able to kill anyone I've still been getting kills by dropping supply crates and ATV's on the enemy when they hold still long enough.

To me it's a fun game despite the drawbacks of the code and etc.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:51 am

DrCaleb wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
and how many people are insulting each other because the level of intelligence of the community has been dropped to the lowest common denominator by the Call of Duty Crowd who ported over.

Hey man! Don't go blaming me! I went back to playing Black Ops II because Ghosts sucks so bad and there were more people playing it than Ghosts. And I have some pretty good discussions with random people, for the 45 seconds while we're in lobby. Until the lag hackers show up, that is.

ROTFL