bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Welp, I'm kinda glad this F2P bullshit C&C game is now dead, and hopefully, HOPEFULLY, EA will realize that sticking to the series' traditional gaming style and model is the proper way to make a C&C game. I mean, for fuck's sake, you utterly ruined C&C 4, thinking that a traditional RTS should be a RTT, and now they wanted to make a F2P RTS. Blech, I honestly don't get it at all.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/10 ... s-victory/

Ah well, I hope EA: Victory's (formerly Bioware: Victory, when Bioware was their flagship company up until they fucked up Mass Effect 3 and The Old Republic, and formerly EA: LA before that) employees find new jobs and quickly, as the trailers for the game look utterly beautiful.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm scared about Red Alert 4, if that's ever going to happen.

If you listen to the first part of "Hell March" you can almost hear "EA sucks big cock!" ;)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:30 pm

commanderkai wrote:
I mean, for fuck's sake, you utterly ruined C&C 4, thinking that a traditional RTS should be a RTT, and now they wanted to make a F2P RTS. Blech, I honestly don't get it at all.

[bonk]

Good. C&C 4 was a farce. C&C has been one of my favourite franchises since the beginning. I've spent many hours playing it, but C&C 4 lasted less than an hour and I haven't touched it since. They even screwed up their variant 'Warhammer 40k' series for the same reasons.

EA has really been dropping the ball lately. I didn't play Battlefield 3 because of Origin, and I might not even get BF4 for the same reason. I'm glad I won't have to pass on my favourite titles because of how bad they suck.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:53 pm

DrCaleb wrote:
EA has really been dropping the ball lately. I didn't play Battlefield 3 because of Origin, and I might not even get BF4 for the same reason. I'm glad I won't have to pass on my favourite titles because of how bad they suck.

I've...I shamelessly admit I do have Origin, mostly because of Mass Effect 3. It's fucking garbage, and their "sales" must make Steam laugh at their alleged competition, but yeah. That's the problem of PC gaming. Ah well.

I really, honestly hope Generals 2 is rekindled, and not this F2P bullshit they tried to hawk to us, knowing full well THE COMMAND AND CONQUER SERIES IS NOT JUST A MULTIPLAYER GAME. Fuckwits. I hope, although I highly doubt, that this whole cancellation is a sign EA learned a few good lessons from the Simcity unmitigated disaster.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:06 pm

commanderkai wrote:
I really, honestly hope Generals 2 is rekindled, and not this F2P bullshit they tried to hawk to us, knowing full well THE COMMAND AND CONQUER SERIES IS NOT JUST A MULTIPLAYER GAME.

I do too. 'Generals' had a great deal of humour in it. I loved playing the GLA, because it amused me to make lots of Suicide Bombers, get them to steal a vehicle in a parking lot and drive a Fire engine or Police car into enemy soldiers and detonate. I also laughed when the workers would say 'thank you for the shoes!'.

I mostly did play 'multiplayer' against the 'bots though. Every time I played 'online' I'd find some cheating punk who just went for the big tanks and steamrolled me.