Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:15 pm

A humourous editorial on gaming.

McMartin: The video games people play, over and over and over and over ...

$1:
This morning, I woke up, made a pot of coffee, padded out to the front porch in my underwear to get the paper, wondered whether my neighbours could see me padding out to the front porch in my underwear, drank a cup of coffee, scanned the paper for stories that might be germane to my work (Bigfoot sightings, two-headed cats, Premier Christy Clark nude windsurfing, etc.), turned on the news, opened my laptop and played Junior Pacman for an hour and 20 minutes. In other words, it was a morning like any other.

Then, as usual, a wave of self-loathing washed over me for playing Junior Pacman for an hour and 20 minutes rather than using my time constructively, such as reading The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People, or talking to my daughter. (Wait, I have a daughter? When did that happen?)

http://www.vancouversun.com/opinion/editorials/McMartin+video+games+people+play+over+over+over+over/6729358/story.html