canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:03 pm

I am finding I don't have time for games these days, a shame, I got Fallout 3 and havent put more the 10 hours into it in the last year. Oh well, maybe when I retire

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:40 pm

I heard if you have Vista don't bother buying it. :(

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:29 pm

Wanderers Edition

Sweet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 pm

I like now in New Vegas you can have up too 2-3 companions.

You can have one robot and one human or ghoul or Nightkin follower. Also if you get more respect in the NCR you can call in an extra NCR follower er.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:25 am

The mods in Fallout allow for an amazing experience now. I run with the Enhanced Weather, Mutant mod(respawns and every creature is unique!), Wander's edition (allows for 10 companions and SO much more),Weapon Mod Kits (scopes, sites, silencers and sustained fire kits) CASM (Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager, or CASM for short, replaces Fallout 3's saving system so that you no longer have to rely on only a single autosave or quicksave to fall back on) and I have over 100 hours of extra music for GNR to boot! Add to this the 5 add on packs I never played initially. Can't wait for broken steel and the Point look out changes. Level 30 will be a blast!

I think after this is done I might pick up a copy of Shadow of Chernobyl as well. That was another great title rife with bugs when it launched that is now a well polished product with mods galore as well.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:55 am

Scape Scape:
The mods in Fallout allow for an amazing experience now. I run with the Enhanced Weather, Mutant mod(respawns and every creature is unique!), Wander's edition (allows for 10 companions and SO much more),Weapon Mod Kits (scopes, sites, silencers and sustained fire kits) CASM (Cipscis' Automatic Save Manager, or CASM for short, replaces Fallout 3's saving system so that you no longer have to rely on only a single autosave or quicksave to fall back on) and I have over 100 hours of extra music for GNR to boot! Add to this the 5 add on packs I never played initially. Can't wait for broken steel and the Point look out changes. Level 30 will be a blast!

I think after this is done I might pick up a copy of Shadow of Chernobyl as well. That was another great title rife with bugs when it launched that is now a well polished product with mods galore as well.

You haven't played Shadow of Chernobyl? 8O

I suppose I should try out some FO3 Mods. I'm thinking of picking up FO Vegas this week.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:49 pm

Fallout 3 New Vegas is actually amazing. They already have 2 patches of 200mb+ each, and they fixed most of the bugs (PC Edition).

Game can be a bit sluggish with everything set on highest, with 4AA.

The story is far better than Fallout 3, and so is the NPC interaction and various factions.

Great stuff Obsidian, I thought they would fuck this up.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:06 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:42 pm

5 out of 5!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:49 pm

sandorski sandorski:
Scape Scape:

You haven't played Shadow of Chernobyl? 8O

I suppose I should try out some FO3 Mods. I'm thinking of picking up FO Vegas this week.

Stalker: SOC is great, but Stalker: Call of Pripyat is a far better game IMO.

Fallout New Vegas is a great game too, though I feel it's more of an expansion of FO3 than an actual separate game/sequel.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:39 pm

You don't need to play F3 in order to play Vegas. They are in the same cannon but they are different stories in their own right. There are some links to F3 in the Vegas storyline but it's trivial.

A lot of the changes in Vegas are now also in F3 via the mods so if cost is an issue you could pick up F3 for a song as it's over 2 years old and just mod it and you will have the same game as Vegas as they are the same size.

The biggest and most important change is factions:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:19 pm

Scape Scape:

5 out of 5!

Wow, cool. 4/5

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:17 pm

Just finished after 108 hours. I preferred 3 for certain aspects of Gameplay, but the ending of NV is just superb.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:06 pm

I'm still on 3, there it's just batshit insane the amount of mods out there. Think I will pick up vegas for xmas as I love the gameplay. I don't like that they didn't make it as open ended as 3 was though. I expect a DLC will fix that in time.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:31 pm

Scape Scape:
I'm still on 3, there it's just batshit insane the amount of mods out there. Think I will pick up vegas for xmas as I love the gameplay. I don't like that they didn't make it as open ended as 3 was though. I expect a DLC will fix that in time.

Most likely. The downside to that is that after the main story ending and all the Grand Finale hoopla, continuing the game feels kinda lonely. :lol: One minute you're God, next minute you're just some schmuck wandering the Wastes. :lol: :lol: