CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Gamespot Review

http://www.ign.com/videos/2010/10/20/fa ... %3Dign1161

1st 15 minutes

http://g4tv.com/games/xbox-360/61733/Fa ... as/review/

The more I see the more I like. Sure it's been a few years and the game is inexcusably buggy but the core gameplay is still there. Anyone going to pick it up?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:59 pm

The Gamespot review is horrible. There were going too the anti-obsidian too the beginning. Really Gamespot F3 story was better and loved giant robots and not a good story.

I've been playing this game for about 40 hours and working on my 2nd character. The story and gameplay is much better than Fallout 3. Fallout: New Vegas is the true Fallout sequel.

I don't consider F3 a Fallout game.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
The Gamespot review is horrible. There were going too the anti-obsidian too the beginning. Really Gamespot F3 story was better and loved giant robots and not a good story.

I've been playing this game for about 40 hours and working on my 2nd character. The story and gameplay is much better than Fallout 3. Fallout: New Vegas is the true Fallout sequel.

I don't consider F3 a Fallout game.

This game looks interesting enough to buy but I got a question. Is it a FPS or third person shooter?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
This game looks interesting enough to buy but I got a question. Is it a FPS or third person shooter?

Either, but the game is better in first person.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:30 pm

I bought Civilization 5 instead of this for now. Will probably get this in december after my trip.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:31 pm

I heard Las Vegas was buggy as f*ck.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:36 pm

Thanks Doc maybe I'll buy it and play in FPS, BTW anybody know if Fallout 3 will run in Windows 7 64 Bit?

I went online and apparently windows says it won't but some people are getting it to work, so if anyone knows an honest answer it'd be appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 pm

saturn_656 wrote:

It is, but if you ignore the bugs. You will have a great experience.

Quote:
Fallout: New Vegas is buggy. That's not really open for debate, as the Internet is currently abuzz with complaints from players, and videos of weird stuff happening. Over the course of my 80-something hours with the game, I experienced a wide variety of bugs, from the completely innocuous (landscape textures popping into focus late) to the completely infuriating (the game straight-up crashed three or four times, mostly during loading screens), yet I soldiered on. I kept coming back no matter what was thrown at me, and it wasn't because I had to play the game for work (I did) or because I'm a glutton for punishment (I'm not).

No, I fought through the bugs for one simple reason: New Vegas is one of the best games of the year.
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/fal ... 264p1.html

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:39 pm

The_Doctor wrote:
saturn_656 wrote:

It is, but if you ignore the bugs. You will have a great experience.

Quote:
Fallout: New Vegas is buggy. That's not really open for debate, as the Internet is currently abuzz with complaints from players, and videos of weird stuff happening. Over the course of my 80-something hours with the game, I experienced a wide variety of bugs, from the completely innocuous (landscape textures popping into focus late) to the completely infuriating (the game straight-up crashed three or four times, mostly during loading screens), yet I soldiered on. I kept coming back no matter what was thrown at me, and it wasn't because I had to play the game for work (I did) or because I'm a glutton for punishment (I'm not).

No, I fought through the bugs for one simple reason: New Vegas is one of the best games of the year.
http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/fal ... 264p1.html

I hate spending good money on beta quality software.

I'll likely wait till they release a patch or two and the price comes down.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:23 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
Thanks Doc maybe I'll buy it and play in FPS, BTW anybody know if Fallout 3 will run in Windows 7 64 Bit?

I went online and apparently windows says it won't but some people are getting it to work, so if anyone knows an honest answer it'd be appreciated.

Runs fine in Win 7 64bit.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

I want a Fallout game that isn't buggy. Just because they're set in the future after a nuclear apocalypse doesn't give them an excuse for shoddy programming.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 pm

I put it in my letter to Santa, but for now I'm still busy stickin' and baggin' in BC2. Still working on platting the shotties.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:42 pm

It's buggy but it's still worth playing. I'm about 15-20 hours in and I'm quite sucked in. The game takes a while to get going but it's just as good as Fallout 3 was.

And if you want a challenge, try hardcore mode.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:38 pm

Think I'll wait 6 months till they get it good and solid with the patches. Till then I have restarted Fallout 3 again, think I'll get some of the DLC this time. Got a much better card this time around and have everything set to ultra. It's like a whole new game and way more stable this time.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:37 pm

I say get it now.

That is what most people are saying.

Quote by Ice-T on Twitter.