bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:25 pm

http://www.mafia2game.com/

I sure enjoyed the first Mafia game and this one looks way better.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:04 pm

I've played it. It's good, but it's like playing Goodfellas/The Godfather movies. It was fun, but the game was too short.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:13 pm

Yeah, I finished it very quickly, but it was a good game. The nice part about the PS3 version is all the add ons you can get. I'm playing "the betrayal of Jimmy", I thinks thats what it's called, right now. The first Mafia had a better story.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:17 pm

QBC wrote:
Yeah, I finished it very quickly, but it was a good game. The nice part about the PS3 version is all the add ons you can get. I'm playing "the betrayal of Jimmy", I thinks thats what it's called, right now. The first Mafia had a better story.

I wasn't sure about getting the DLC for Mafia II. What's the best, if you remember?

Honestly, the best part about the game was how the police chased you if you broke the speed limit. It was both hilarious, and added a touch of realism. I mean, how many times in GTA have you driven 200kph on the wrong side of a busy avenue?

It just felt like you're in a mobster movie. You do illegal acts, sure, but you didn't go around gunning police officers for the lulz.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:21 pm

commanderkai wrote:
QBC wrote:

I wasn't sure about getting the DLC for Mafia II. What's the best, if you remember?

Honestly, the best part about the game was how the police chased you if you broke the speed limit. It was both hilarious, and added a touch of realism. I mean, how many times in GTA have you driven 200kph on the wrong side of a busy avenue?

It just felt like you're in a mobster movie. You do illegal acts, sure, but you didn't go around gunning police officers for the lulz.

Sorry, DLC?

Try picking a fight with a random passerby and see what the cops do... :lol:

In the add-on that I'm playing, the very first mission you get into a shootout with Chinese gang members and the cops, it was fun... :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:25 pm

QBC wrote:
Sorry, DLC?

Haha, sorry, I'm on the PC. Basically you pay a little bit to add more content, like missions or whatnot.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:59 pm

Oh, okay....On the PS3 you have to pay for add ons too, but when I bought the game there was a special offer for the "Betrayal of Jimmy". I haven't bought the others yet, still playing the first add on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:39 am

I am about halfway in this game. It is very linear despite, being set in a big town where you can go wherever you want. This game is divided in chapters where in each mission is new chapter. I love to play Mafia 2 in my iPad also.