canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:00 pm

Is anyone else getting this? I PO'ed the Collectors Edition and just bought a lifetime subscription, Its a really a decent game, although its buggy as hell right now. oh well thats what Beta is for!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:01 pm

How much is the lifetime subscription?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 7:29 pm

edited by mod

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:50 am

commanderkai wrote:

$239USD, If the dollar wasn't effectively at par, I wouldn't have thought about. You also get the ability to be a "liberated" Borg and two extra slots for toons. thats in addition to the Constitution Class Cruiser, and Red Matter I also get because I Pre-Ordered the collectors edition from Game Stop.

it.
CommanderSock wrote:
Online games are awesome.

All these kids with potential wasting their life away on them while a select few of us actually study and better ourselves. Eventually we take the top jobs while leaving the rest of these adolescent xxxxx to complain about immigration and how the system is fucked up and they work for slave wages.

LOL! I'm 30 and in management, I'm quite happy where I am. I think I'll waste some time on a Online game.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:49 am

It looks pretty but... meh. I know it will be better than Eve but would suggest anyone getting it to hold off till they have it up for a year at least. The MMORGP can't mature until they go live and even then it's a Beta in all but name. I won't get this because I find there is no draw to a dated franchise. I'd rather play mods of Close combat or just wait till Mass effect 2.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:04 am

CommanderSock wrote:
Online games are awesome.

All these kids with potential wasting their life away on them while a select few of us actually study and better ourselves. Eventually we take the top jobs while leaving the rest of these adolescent xxxxx to complain about immigration and how the system is fucked up and they work for slave wages.

Well, I'm just a shade past 40, own two homes(both paid for), teach at a university(paid for both my degrees without student or parental loans) and have travelled much of the world....yeah enjoying some gaming time has really held me back in life. :roll:

And yes the system is phukt, including our immigration policies....Let's let in uneducated illiterate third worlders, by fast tracking them, and make people from Europe(who made Canada the envy of the world) jump through phuking hoops. Encourage the Chinese, Koreans and Japanese to come to Canada, sure. But, place limits on African, Middle Eastern, Central American and Caribbean nations.

Pahhh...back to Empire:Total War.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:34 am

Quote:
Well, I'm just a shade past 40, own two homes(both paid for), teach at a university(paid for both my degrees without student or parental loans) and have travelled much of the world....yeah enjoying some gaming time has really held me back in life. :roll:

ugh I hope I never sat in your class to have the displeasure of listening to you preach how great Koreans, Europeans and Japanese are while the rest of the world is a savage pond ripe for exploitation.

The opportunity cost in online games is too high when money can be made elsewhere in one's spare time.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:35 am

That certainly is an interesting point of view but it's not specific to the topic at hand. Please keep this on topic.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:40 pm

llama66 wrote:
commanderkai wrote:

$239USD, If the dollar wasn't effectively at par, I wouldn't have thought about. You also get the ability to be a "liberated" Borg and two extra slots for toons. thats in addition to the Constitution Class Cruiser, and Red Matter I also get because I Pre-Ordered the collectors edition from Game Stop. .

Eh...that's too excessive to me. On top of me needing to pay for bandwidth makes it unappealing right now. Oh well, Mass Effect 2 it is!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:08 pm

They only gave out 10,000 beta keys i think, I didnt get one. But my fiance tells me on friday night that she got one! I've been busy working so i hanv't had much time to play, will be playing this afternoon.

But the first 20min ndoors was super buggy, borg animations going all crazy, flying and hiotting the roof. But soon as I got into space and controling my ship, it was amazing. The graphics in space are crazy good, and the control is really cool.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:19 pm

It IS only Beta, Once they go alpha it'll be much better, and Cryptic is pretty good for developing their MMO's. Thank Gawd its Atari and Cryptic and SOE developing and managing it.
so...are you going to get it when it comes out Trevor?
The only thing I'm not crazy about is the micro-transactions.
I will leave you with a Screenie.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Tony Shalhoub's character got a starship named after him??

Quote:
ugh I hope I never sat in your class to have the displeasure of listening to you preach how great Koreans, Europeans and Japanese are while the rest of the world is a savage pond ripe for exploitation.

I don't think you have to worry, as I teach English not the History of Feminism.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:02 pm

ShepherdsDog wrote:
Tony Shalhoub's character got a starship named after him??

Quote:

I don't think you have to worry, as I teach English not the History of Feminism.

LOL! Its my last name. I have some more screenies for you all.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:05 am

BOOOO thats so stupid ;D
:roll: :twisted:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:04 pm

I bought the game and a lifetime subscription as well. Yeah there have been a few issues at launch, but so did WOW when it first started. I think the game is quite good and has the potential to carry it's story line, as well as others, for a while to come. BTW I decided to name my Klingon character (liberated Borg) Fuzzy Mittens because I figure people will think the more innocuous the name the more dangerous it will be. That and it's funny as hell.