CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:18 pm

Great trailer but a MMO RPG? No thanks.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:00 pm

Think Mass effect with force powers. They did an incredible job with KOTOR this should be no slouch either.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:04 pm

Looks interesting. I'd be willing to try it. I love Star Wars, and I've been looking for a good MMO.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:15 pm

If it's a free online game like Diablo II I would be interested but I have other online commitments and Internet is not cheap.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:17 pm

I've been following this game for over a year now, I'm looking forward to it. Its about the only MMO that would get me to play an MMO again.

The cinematic trailer is amazing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:55 pm

Timeline part 1

Part 2

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 12:05 am

cool, I hadn't seen part 2 yet, thanks for posting!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 3:35 am

Well I am glad that atleast video games are still trying to make quality products. I got to say that was the best trailer for a game I have probally ever seen. Except for the upcoming release of Diablo 3. I enjoyed that trailer a bit more.

I just hope it's a free game not the pay per monthly ones. I tried World of Warcraft when it first came out and I enjoyed it for like almost a month before it got dull and boring. All that level grinding and item searching all to find out that one class can out-class all of them no matter what items you get or how hard you try. Really put me off of MMO RPG's. Guild Wars was a good MMO RPG. It was generally lag free and great quality and diddn't have to pay monthly for it. You could even setup vendors to sell items which was one of the many options that GW had better than WoW.

However if this game is as good as it looks, may be tempted to try the whole pay per monthly MMO RPG again. Btw trevor, you think CKA (The clan) will be getting into MMO RPG's like this game? I recommend checking out Diablo 3.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:01 am

of course its not free and its a pay per month MMO. CKA had a WOW guild for a time, there might be some interest in a Star Wars guide if it is indeed good.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:52 am

As a former player of Star Wars Galaxies when it was orginally realease, before the NGE. I hope to hell the Bioware as learned from SOEs failure with SWG.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:08 am

Definitely interested, i play KOTOR 1 & 2 and loved them. Bioware is known for producing quality games and had a deep history with Star Wars. And i think they have learned from SOE, it won't be like SWG was i think, it will likely have far more structure.

The big question is of course how they handle the Jedi. As i reacall at the start of SWG becoming a jedi was difficult but over time they essentially let anyone become one. I have no problem with the concept of people being able to roll a jedi toon. What i think would be better is that the process be drawn out so that onegets the feel of the time (lore wise anyways) required to become a jedi. They would start off relatively weak and without much ability in the force. But as you continue that over time you begin to grow stronger

Also i think it's a good idea that they seem to transplant an idea over from KOTOR that you're actions in the present have a very real effect on your future. Ideally at least froma jedi POV that 'dabbling' in the darkside is not something that is to be taken lightly

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:53 am

HyperionTheEvil wrote:
Definitely interested, i play KOTOR 1 & 2 and loved them. Bioware is known for producing quality games and had a deep history with Star Wars. And i think they have learned from SOE, it won't be like SWG was i think, it will likely have far more structure.

The big question is of course how they handle the Jedi. As i reacall at the start of SWG becoming a jedi was difficult but over time they essentially let anyone become one. I have no problem with the concept of people being able to roll a jedi toon. What i think would be better is that the process be drawn out so that onegets the feel of the time (lore wise anyways) required to become a jedi. They would start off relatively weak and without much ability in the force. But as you continue that over time you begin to grow stronger

Also i think it's a good idea that they seem to transplant an idea over from KOTOR that you're actions in the present have a very real effect on your future. Ideally at least froma jedi POV that 'dabbling' in the darkside is not something that is to be taken lightly

I too have played both KOTORs as well and loved them.

Played SWG from beta up until the NGE. Originally to become a Jedi/Sith you had to master 5 of the 32 starting professions. The problem with this was that you where not told which 5 you had to master, and it was different for every player. The professions you needed to master were randomly generated upon character creation. This proved to be very difficult and time consuming.

So SOE introduced the Holocrons. These where loot drops from high value mobs. When used they would tell you what professions you had to master, all but the last one.

Still too many people complained it was too hard so when the NGE came out the made Jedi a starting professions. I quit at that point. I had grinded my ass off to get my Sith only to have SOE nerf the shit out of him and let everyone start as one.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:04 pm

canuckns wrote:
HyperionTheEvil wrote:

I too have played both KOTORs as well and loved them.

Played SWG from beta up until the NGE. Originally to become a Jedi/Sith you had to master 5 of the 32 starting professions. The problem with this was that you where not told which 5 you had to master, and it was different for every player. The professions you needed to master were randomly generated upon character creation. This proved to be very difficult and time consuming.

So SOE introduced the Holocrons. These where loot drops from high value mobs. When used they would tell you what professions you had to master, all but the last one.

Still too many people complained it was too hard so when the NGE came out the made Jedi a starting professions. I quit at that point. I had grinded my ass off to get my Sith only to have SOE nerf the shit out of him and let everyone start as one.

I hear what you're saying, ideally they would make th Jedi/sith toons take longer to 'level' perhaps with the Sith levelling somewhat faster. But either way the progression involved would be extremely long and would require some serious dedication to the class. The other side of this is that once you have attained some serious power in the force the character would be extremely powerful

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:30 pm

canuckns wrote:
As a former player of Star Wars Galaxies when it was orginally realease, before the NGE. I hope to hell the Bioware as learned from SOEs failure with SWG.

That's easy, SONY has NOTHING to do with this.