Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:02 pm

I'd also like to mention that recently the classic that is System Shock 2 has been re-released with updated code to run in Windows 7&8. The graphics still look good even at higher resolutions.

Get it here: http://www.gog.com It's only $10 and well worth it.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 9:29 pm

Compiled list of confirmed stuff for Rome 2:

http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/commen ... ity_event/

Yes, that does say 117 factions in over 180 territories with over 500 unique unit types.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:27 pm

Bioshock Infinite is excellent. And if you can, get the PS3 version as it includes the original Bioshock.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:32 pm

xerxes wrote:
Bioshock Infinite is excellent. And if you can, get the PS3 version as it includes the original Bioshock.

That it was. I preordered it on Steam, which got me the recent XCOM game as well, which was also a lot of fun.

The ending is a bit of a mind screw, though, but I think I was able to properly scribble out what happened by managing the events in the game.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:10 pm

That preorder deal on steam was too good to pass up even if I have a backlog of like 12 games i own I need to play through. :P

Anyone else thinking Injustice is really going to suck? I don't get all the hype when all the gameplay footage looks so meh.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:45 pm

CanadianJeff wrote:
That preorder deal on steam was too good to pass up even if I have a backlog of like 12 games i own I need to play through. :P

Anyone else thinking Injustice is really going to suck? I don't get all the hype when all the gameplay footage looks so meh.

I'm stopping purchasing between AoEII HD and GTA V due to lack of any major titles that seem worth my money, been playing my insanely large game library while I wait.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:01 pm

CanadianJeff wrote:

That it was, and it was well worth it. XCOM is an amazing game, and I'm hoping the future DLC/expansion packs make it even better.

Speaking of Bioshock Infinite, does anybody know an effective way to kill Handymen? They're a huge pain in the ass to bring down, even when you try to shoot the heart.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:22 pm

So apparently the next unreal and frostbyte engines are not wiiu compatible.

Wiiu=done.

It kind of sucks but after having my wii sitting idle for 3 years I can't say I'm amazed the wiiu has hit a hard market and a hard time.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:18 am

I play mostly combat flight simulators, but Bioshock Infinite looks superb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKFVdtnV-FU

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/ ... sterpiece/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 pm

Details come out tomorrow for "Deus Ex: Human Defiance". Can't wait!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:38 pm

Jonny_C wrote:
I play mostly combat flight simulators, but Bioshock Infinite looks superb...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKFVdtnV-FU

http://business.financialpost.com/2013/ ... sterpiece/

I know it's a bit more arcadey than most combat flight simulators, but did you get Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for PC? I saw it on Steam, and I was really considering getting it.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:40 pm

commanderkai wrote:
I know it's a bit more arcadey than most combat flight simulators, but did you get Ace Combat: Assault Horizon for PC? I saw it on Steam, and I was really considering getting it.

I don't mind "arcadey". I've got combat flight sims that range from "full real" to arcade style, and I'll play them all at various times. Of course the "full real" sims do allow for lower realism settings so you can concentrate more on mayhem and less on the fine points of aircraft operation (trim, cooling, redlines, running out of ammo, etc.)

"Ace Combat: Assault Horizon" looks great, beautiful graphics, but I'm not that much into modern jets so I can't say much about it.

I prefer WWII cfs's like the IL2 series, and WWI cfs's like Rise of Flight and First Eagles 2. Rise of Flight is a beaut, and First Eagles 2 is a slightly more middle-of-the-road game with some great action. I'd highly recommend either one if you have any interest in biplane fighter action.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:52 pm

Ace Combat: AH was a meh game to me, it felt like they lost their way from the previous Ace Combat games and gave more rigid missions, a more realistic story, and included helicopters and other stuff which takes away from the feeling of being an ace fighter pilot. Overall, I gave it a poor rating as I just couldn't get into the story and it is the first Ace Combat I have stopped playing out of boredom before completing (usually I quit out of rage when playing on Ace difficulty and get the the one level where it is near impossible to avoid at least one hit).

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:16 pm

jeff744 wrote:
Ace Combat: AH was a meh game to me, it felt like they lost their way from the previous Ace Combat games and gave more rigid missions, a more realistic story, and included helicopters and other stuff which takes away from the feeling of being an ace fighter pilot. Overall, I gave it a poor rating as I just couldn't get into the story and it is the first Ace Combat I have stopped playing out of boredom before completing (usually I quit out of rage when playing on Ace difficulty and get the the one level where it is near impossible to avoid at least one hit).

Yeah it did go into a different direction, which surprised me somewhat, but I decided to not hold it against it too much. It still looked fun, especially considering the market for arcadey flight sims is extremely limited on the PC. Ace Combat Zero was my favorite though. That game was incredibly fun.

Johnny_C wrote:
I prefer WWII cfs's like the IL2 series, and WWI cfs's like Rise of Flight and First Eagles 2. Rise of Flight is a beaut, and First Eagles 2 is a slightly more middle-of-the-road game with some great action. I'd highly recommend either one if you have any interest in biplane fighter action.

I did get a game called Wings of Prey which was incredibly fun, although somewhat frustrating at times. I enjoyed being able to destroy things on the ground, including civilian buildings and such with rockets and unguided bombs, so, yeah. I'll check them out. Are they on Steam?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm

commanderkai wrote:
jeff744 wrote:

Yeah it did go into a different direction, which surprised me somewhat, but I decided to not hold it against it too much. It still looked fun, especially considering the market for arcadey flight sims is extremely limited on the PC. Ace Combat Zero was my favorite though. That game was incredibly fun.

Johnny_C wrote:

I did get a game called Wings of Prey which was incredibly fun, although somewhat frustrating at times. I enjoyed being able to destroy things on the ground, including civilian buildings and such with rockets and unguided bombs, so, yeah. I'll check them out. Are they on Steam?

I miss my trustworthy series of Ace Combats, I still have the discs for the PS2 games but the PS2 broke down, my hopes of playing more lie in the PS4 having backwards compatibility.