canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:37 pm

commanderkai wrote:
I did get a game called Wings of Prey which was incredibly fun, although somewhat frustrating at times. I enjoyed being able to destroy things on the ground, including civilian buildings and such with rockets and unguided bombs, so, yeah. I'll check them out. Are they on Steam?

I've got Wings of Prey but haven't tinkered with it yet. Looks good though.

First Eagles 2 and Rise of Flight aren't available on Steam.

Rise of Flight (download link at bottom):

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.p ... ss-Edition

First Eagles 2:

http://www.thirdwire.com/project_fe2.htm

I'd suggest reading some reviews and watching some youtube videos before buying... to make sure you like what you see.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:27 am

I was REALLY looking forward to Simcity 5. Glad I did not buy it. Not only did they use a cheesy excuse to use DRM, the graphics while nice and shiny, are off-putting.
The buildings and cars look like the shiny plastic cars and buildings straight out of the box that you'd buy for a train set.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:14 pm

Been a while....

Anyway. I just finished The Last of Us. It is simply fantastic. There really aren't any more superlatives needed. Go and play this game right now. You will not be dissapointed in the slightest.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:41 am

xerxes wrote:
Been a while....

Anyway. I just finished The Last of Us. It is simply fantastic. There really aren't any more superlatives needed. Go and play this game right now. You will not be dissapointed in the slightest.

I've heard it was great. I think I'll try it, based on how everyone raves about it.

I have a friend who is playing Medal of Honour Warfighter 2, and he's raving about how great it is too. Have to try that as well. :)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:16 am

Oh, if y'all haven't played Bioshock: Infinite yet, you've also missed out. It's as brilliant as the first Bioshock was and the ending is a true mind-job.

Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:45 am

xerxes wrote:
Oh, if y'all haven't played Bioshock: Infinite yet, you've also missed out. It's as brilliant as the first Bioshock was and the ending is a true mind-job.

I remember having to use the internet to explain it to me because I didn't get it the first time around. Lol.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:23 am

Same. I thought I had it figured out but then I read the full explanation and had my mind blown all over again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:41 am

For me The Last Guardian overshadows everything else... the game won't make it in 2013 though... I still hope for a release on Ps3 but highly doubt that this is gonna happen...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:46 pm

So GTA V is awesome as it was expected.

But I have to say how disappointed I am in the online mode. For a game that was in development for five years, GTA online still feels like it never made it past the alpha stage. It's laggy, there's numerous connection issues, random character resets, and that's even if you make it online. Today it took me four tries and half an hour just to get on without being randomly kicked within minutes. Unacceptable.

Oh well. At least FIFA 14 is equally fantastic, plus there's War Thunder which I just got into and World of Tanks can keep me occupied as well....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:29 pm

Assassin's Creed IV is a ton of fun. You'll be singing "Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!" in no time at all. Visuals are fantastic, the story is interesting and the open world of the Caribbean Sea is infinitely entertaining. I highly recommend it.

The only game I'm left waiting for this year is season 2 of The Walking Dead. If you haven't played the first season, go play it now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:33 pm

Was hoping Fallout 4 was going to be announced on the 11th... Fell for a hoax. Now I'm sad, :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:38 pm

Your avatar is the face I made when I found out it was a hoax.