bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Well, there is already a similar thread for movies on this site, but I know there are a great many gamers on this site as well, and there are a lot of games that might go under the radar for a lot of people on this site. So, I decided to create this thread and highlight my anticipated games for 2013, and hope you all contribute too!

Simcity

Anticipated Release Date: March 5, 2013

I'm a huge fan of simulation games, and Simcity is probably one of my most favorite franchises of all time. The re-imagining of Simcity is coming out soon, and it seems to be a pretty strong reboot of the franchise after the disaster of Simcity Societies. It's been over a decade since the release of Simcity 4. So far, from my experience in the beta, the graphics and gameplay were quite impressive, although I disliked the online only system EA uses, as well as the extremely small maps. That being said, the only two similar city building games on the market are Cities XL *insert year here* (very meh), and Anno 2070 (which is a fantastic game, but its micromanagement hell), so I hope Simcity 5 gives the genre a good boost

Unclaimed World

Anticipated Release Date: N/A

Only a teaser, but since it's an indie game, and I know a lot of people here enjoy their scifi, I decided to put it up on my list. I only recently discovered this game, and honestly, it looks like an amazing concept. A city builder type game on an alien world is something that should have been properly attempted years ago. I remember Maxis was going to do SimMars, but they dropped it after 9-11 I think.

Yes, I like city builder games, why do you ask?

Total War: Rome II

Anticipated Release Date: Supposedly October 2013

Really, do I need to say anything here? It's Total War: Rome II. The first gameplay trailer is out, and it looks stunning. There is honestly no way that Creative Assembly can screw up this game that I can foresee, but gaming companies have surprised me before.

Company of Heroes 2

Anticipated Release Date: Sometime 2013

Even with the collapse of THQ as a Publisher, the Company of Heroes franchise was purchased by Sega, which I give high praise for their handling of Creative Assembly's great strategy franchises. I'll expect plenty of DLC, but that's standard operating procedure for all PC games lately. Anyway, Company of Heroes II is focusing on the Eastern Front, and it looks amazing. Strategy games have also been lacking as of late, I find. The fact that the cold will dramatically change gameplay is a great touch.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:48 pm

Grand Theft Auto V.

It was supposed to be launched in February, pushed back to March, had it confirmed by Rockstar that it would be out no later than May, before putting an official launch date all over their websites of 17/09/13.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:32 pm

CDN_PATRIOT wrote:
Grand Theft Auto V.

It was supposed to be launched in February, pushed back to March, had it confirmed by Rockstar that it would be out no later than May, before putting an official launch date all over their websites of 17/09/13.

-J.

Vote++

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:06 pm

Thank God somebody responded. I thought people on this site didn't play video games anymore! I haven't played a GTA game since San Andreas, since I don't have any consoles, but play PC instead.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:44 pm

commanderkai wrote:
Thank God somebody responded. I thought people on this site didn't play video games anymore! I haven't played a GTA game since San Andreas, since I don't have any consoles, but play PC instead.

You could have bought GTA IV with the episodes for <$20ish during the Steam XMas sale.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:46 pm

sandorski wrote:
commanderkai wrote:

You could have bought GTA IV with the episodes for <$20ish during the Steam XMas sale.

True, but Rockstar ports to the PC are notoriously bad. GTA IV was no different, from what I read.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:45 pm

commanderkai wrote:
sandorski wrote:
commanderkai wrote:

True, but Rockstar ports to the PC are notoriously bad. GTA IV was no different, from what I read.

Worked fine on 4 core cpus.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:57 am

Fallout 4.

It needs to happen, or I'm burning Bethesda Studeos down, PDT_Armataz_01_40

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:18 am

Public_Domain wrote:
Fallout 4.

Vote++

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:35 am

Public_Domain wrote:
Fallout 4.

Is that scheduled for this year? Because [drool] . I love my Fallout, although I usually wait for a year so the modding community can assert itself, and some of the really buggy aspects are patched out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:55 am

commanderkai wrote:
Public_Domain wrote:
Fallout 4.

Is that scheduled for this year? Because [drool] . I love my Fallout, although I usually wait for a year so the modding community can assert itself, and some of the really buggy aspects are patched out.

They haven't said shiiiiiiit on a release date.... It's really aggrevating me. I'm actually assuming 2014.

But, I mean, if Bethesda really loved us, they'd fucking ship it out ASAP.

Three Dog (Fallout 3) said something was being worked on and that he may make a re-appearance.

My only sadness is the game probably wouldn't work on my computer... I'm lucky 3 and Vegas do (have to console command a hard light sort of thing that makes it so there are no shades, otherwise it's like I'm playing in quicksand). Also, 2014+... How can I be sure I can play it on an X-Box 360?

Don't want a new console or computer, dammit.

Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:59 am

I am for sure getting Rome 2, I cant wait. That game is going to be beyond epic.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:49 pm

Public_Domain wrote:
They haven't said shiiiiiiit on a release date.... It's really aggrevating me. I'm actually assuming 2014.

But, I mean, if Bethesda really loved us, they'd fucking ship it out ASAP.

Three Dog (Fallout 3) said something was being worked on and that he may make a re-appearance.

My only sadness is the game probably wouldn't work on my computer... I'm lucky 3 and Vegas do (have to console command a hard light sort of thing that makes it so there are no shades, otherwise it's like I'm playing in quicksand). Also, 2014+... How can I be sure I can play it on an X-Box 360?

Don't want a new console or computer, dammit.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Don't rush Fallout 4!

Seriously, I want the best game possible for Fallout 4 on release, and I don't need to see rushed disasters like a lot of games lately. Hell, New Vegas even feels rushed, considering the huge scope of ideas they had compared to what was delivered. Caesar's Legion was supposed to have a good chunk of the map devoted to their beliefs (like, actual working towns and such) and not just The Fort. New Vegas is a great game, but it could have been even better if they took a bit more time.

It'll be interesting seeing the Capitol Wasteland again, or at least hearing about it from Three Dog. That game was immense, even if it made some of the hardcore fans whine a bit. I'm almost tempted to reinstall it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Totally agree with you on Fallout 3 Kai. With all of the DLC I probably spent about 100 hours in that game and I loved every minute of it.

As for what I'm looking forward to this year:

GTA V
The Last of Us
Bioshock: Infinite.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:36 pm

xerxes wrote:
Totally agree with you on Fallout 3 Kai. With all of the DLC I probably spent about 100 hours in that game and I loved every minute of it.

As for what I'm looking forward to this year:

GTA V
The Last of Us
Bioshock: Infinite.

Point Lookout was the only DLC I didn't really like. Admittedly, I really don't enjoy wandering the wasteland without a companion with me, and Point Lookout was doubly creepy compared to the rest of the wasteland.