canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:12 pm

Well, it's that year again, a new Total war is coming in September and it's time it got a thread.

Interactive map of the game: http://maps.totalwar.com/

Early review: http://www.pcgamer.com/previews/total-war-rome-2/

Gameplay demo video: http://ca.ign.com/videos/2013/07/11/let ... f-the-nile

Reddit thread with a crapload of information: http://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/commen ... ity_event/

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:25 pm

Yeah I think I placed it in my Most Anticipated Games of 2013, and my God it continues to look awesome. Sadly, I will wait until a decent sale on Steam before getting it.

But yeah, this looks to be the greatest Total War game yet. The strategic portion of the game looks fantastic (the battles always look fantastic, but the strategic/management element was always lacking) and I honestly hope they do not disappoint.

Has there been any real footage of siege battles? I know they did one of Carthage, but I want to see how it'll look while actually fighting the battle.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:47 pm

commanderkai commanderkai:
Yeah I think I placed it in my Most Anticipated Games of 2013, and my God it continues to look awesome. Sadly, I will wait until a decent sale on Steam before getting it.

But yeah, this looks to be the greatest Total War game yet. The strategic portion of the game looks fantastic (the battles always look fantastic, but the strategic/management element was always lacking) and I honestly hope they do not disappoint.

Has there been any real footage of siege battles? I know they did one of Carthage, but I want to see how it'll look while actually fighting the battle.

Yeah, I figured this one deserved its own thread.

The only siege is some Carthage gameplay but Nile has footage of an amphib landing along with naval/land combat on the same map, Teutotoberg has some ambush footage.

I have already preordered it but I can guarantee it will be buggy as hell for the first couple weeks. TW games always are.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:27 am

Schwing

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:06 pm

Woo and what a disaster this game is turning out to be too. At least I wasn't fucking stupid by pre-ordering this one like I did with Simcity.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:08 pm

Woo and what a disaster this game is turning out to be too. At least I wasn't fucking stupid by pre-ordering this one like I did with Simcity.

I knew it would be a disaster, wanted to play too much for waiting.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:15 pm

jeff744 jeff744:

I knew it would be a disaster, wanted to play too much for waiting.

Creative Assembly has a slightly better track record, and they did a great job with Shogun II Total War, but yeah, I've never pre-ordered a Total War game.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:21 pm

Creative Assembly has a slightly better track record, and they did a great job with Shogun II Total War, but yeah, I've never pre-ordered a Total War game.

Only addicts and suckers do, I fall into the former.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:57 pm

jeff744 jeff744:

Yeah I was a Simcity addict, and now I haven't touched the game in months.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:02 pm

jeff744 jeff744:

Yeah I was a Simcity addict, and now I haven't touched the game in months.

Same actually, I was planning to give it a try again but got distracted, I've heard it got a lot better.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:24 am

Nice thread here about one of my favorite game.
I think Total War Rome 2 a few better that earlier version of this game.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 11:19 am

jeff744 jeff744:
Same actually, I was planning to give it a try again but got distracted, I've heard it got a lot better.

Allegedly, the maps are still too damn small for my liking still. At least, I wish the maps were asymmetrical, the cities would look more natural. Right now it feels like chunks of CBDs of major cities were tossed into pristine wilderness, with a magic force field preventing any outward growth.

Simcity is almost more appealing as a town simulator. Small rural communities, or whatever.