CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 186
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:20 pm
 


Avro wrote:
Fav of all time would have to be the first FPS I ever played....Rise Of the Triad.

Other notables..

DOOM
DOOM2
Final DOOM
DOOM64
DOOM3
Half Life
Half Life2
Quake
Quake2
Quake3
Quake4
Turok
Turok2
Turok3
Metroid Prime
Resident Evil
Serious Sam
Duke Nukem
Duke Nukem2
Duke Nukem64
GRAW
Tiger Woods Golf
F1 World Championship
Dark Forces
Tie fighter
Rollercoaster Tycoon
Shadows of the Empire.....etc etc etc.


I find myself agreeing with ya, well for most of your list.


Offline
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 2714
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:43 am
 


My favourite games would be the Sonic the Hedgehog games for the playstation. I bought the Sonic The Hedgehog Mega Collection disc which is all of the great sonic game made over the years on one disc for the PS2. That is good. It's good to play cause it reminds you of the good days.

Other games are the GTA series. Personally, I prefered Vice City to San Andreas cause I like the whole 80's theme on it.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 3456
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 am
 


Anyone here ever play VGA Planets?
Its an old game but it is still played on the net.
I play it still sometimes when I have the time.
Its not high tech graphics but still a good game.


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 18
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 10:33 am
 


i'm faithful to my old school Donkey Kong and Legend of Zelda for SNES


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30438

Warnings: (20%)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:06 pm
 


PAM :-D


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4140
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 pm
 


My favorite game is BF2. The original use to be my favorite because of the time it was fantastic. The biggest maps you ever saw and at the time the most players online in a FPS game combined with both land assets such as hummers, tanks, apcs and air assets like transport choppers, attack choppers and jets.

Also I believe the first game to have those unlock system to unlock new weapons and upgrades. However as of lately I detest the arcade game-play of it but I found a mod for it that just blows the socks off all other games. It's called Project Reality, a mod for BF2. Infact soon maybe in 2 more patches the Canadian Forces will be added as a playable faction. That is if the CF Faction mod team get off there asses.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9891
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:28 pm
 


Download the new Battlefield 1.5 patch!


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 15055
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:34 pm
 


L4d


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 63586
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:56 pm
 


Canadaka wrote:
Download the new Battlefield 1.5 patch!


Did it last night! The new map is pretty good - Operation Blue Pearl. I like that they increased the haze in the map to help put the snipers out of business. The only downside to the map is that the US base is too safe from Chinese attack. If I had my way, I'd add helicopters to it to help mix things up some more.

So the advantage for the Chinese is in everyone spawning in anti-tank and support at the get-go and then manning the barricades to prevent an American beach head. On one round last night I was on the US side and ran into this defense and the other side held together and effectively prevented a landing.

This will be the way to win this map in tournament play.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 276
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:00 pm
 


I have many favorite games. My absolute favorite of all time is Fallout 3. It combines my two favorite genres (FPS and RPG) into a post-apocolyptic fight for survival where every bullet counts. It's almost flawless, in my eyes.

Second and third favorite games are System Shock 2 and Morrowind, respectively. System Shock 2 is perfect; I can't think of really any glaring flaws and was the foundation for many FPS/RPGs to come (like Fallout 3 and Deus Ex). And Morrowind? I got that game when I was 12 and it was like, "Wow... this game is magical." It was this amazing sense of wonder... like you could do anything with no restrictions. And, being 12, who wouldn't like that?

Anyway, those are my 3 favorite games, without a doubt.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:28 pm
 


Chagrin wrote:
I have many favorite games. My absolute favorite of all time is Fallout 3. It combines my two favorite genres (FPS and RPG) into a post-apocolyptic fight for survival where every bullet counts. It's almost flawless, in my eyes.



I second that. Easily the best game I've ever played.

If you like Fallout 3, grab a copy of Farcry 2.

Same open-world concept with missions and side tasks yet you can drive any vehicles. Awesome game too.


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
Profile
Posts: 4239
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 6:35 pm
 


Need for Speed: ProStreet


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 276
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:46 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
Chagrin wrote:
I have many favorite games. My absolute favorite of all time is Fallout 3. It combines my two favorite genres (FPS and RPG) into a post-apocolyptic fight for survival where every bullet counts. It's almost flawless, in my eyes.



I second that. Easily the best game I've ever played.

If you like Fallout 3, grab a copy of Farcry 2.

Same open-world concept with missions and side tasks yet you can drive any vehicles. Awesome game too.
I also have that game. It's pretty good! The only problem I have with it is the lack of enemy variation.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10717
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:06 pm
 


Chagrin wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
Chagrin wrote:
I have many favorite games. My absolute favorite of all time is Fallout 3. It combines my two favorite genres (FPS and RPG) into a post-apocolyptic fight for survival where every bullet counts. It's almost flawless, in my eyes.



I second that. Easily the best game I've ever played.

If you like Fallout 3, grab a copy of Farcry 2.

Same open-world concept with missions and side tasks yet you can drive any vehicles. Awesome game too.
I also have that game. It's pretty good! The only problem I have with it is the lack of enemy variation.


True, but they do evolve it seems and they do run, hide....but sometimes you can catch them looking the wrong way :)


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.