canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Boots I would say that there is no "best console game". There is simply what you can enjoy and what you don't.

Frankly I have not had any enjoyment with FPS outside of coop experiences in years so for me experiences that focus on telling a story or challenging me to approach a problem in a new way that get my attention and money nowadays.

You can only shoot so many faces before you burn out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Tricks Tricks:
Halo is so overrated.

Sorry, but Halo is the best console game (at least the first two were - I haven't played 3 or 4) out there - if it wasn't, every new game wouldn't be labelled a 'Halo killer'.

Popular does not equal best.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:04 pm

saturn_656 saturn_656:
Tricks Tricks:
Halo is so overrated.

Haters gonna hate. :lol:

Never been a fan of the gameplay, I'd take CoD and battlefield any day.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:07 pm

Tricks Tricks:
bootlegga bootlegga:
Tricks Tricks:
Halo is so overrated.

Sorry, but Halo is the best console game (at least the first two were - I haven't played 3 or 4) out there - if it wasn't, every new game wouldn't be labelled a 'Halo killer'.

Popular does not equal best.

Never said it did. When Halo came out, it just set the gold standard for FPS games and so far, I haven't seen one that has knocked it off the throne.

CoD and Battlefield are close, but IMHO, Halo is still a touch better.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:11 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
Never said it did. When Halo came out, it just set the gold standard for FPS games and so far, I haven't seen one that has knocked it off the throne.

Which is fine, but I've never liked the game play. Hell I'll take old counterstrike gameplay over halo. Don't like how it feels, don't like how things move, and I hate bunny hopping like it's the plague. If that what people like in a game, that's cool, but saying it's the best console game is pretty laughable. Hell I enjoy the God of War series way more than I have any Halo.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:04 pm

PS3. It only does everything.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Tricks Tricks:
bootlegga bootlegga:

Which is fine, but I've never liked the game play. Hell I'll take old counterstrike gameplay over halo. Don't like how it feels, don't like how things move, and I hate bunny hopping like it's the plague. If that what people like in a game, that's cool, but saying it's the best console game is pretty laughable. Hell I enjoy the God of War series way more than I have any Halo.

Same here.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:02 pm

I do my gaming on PC, but we bought an Xbox with Kinect for our son's family and the Kinect is outrageously good. Tons of fun.

If your wife likes to dance and/or exercise she'd love a couple of the Kinect titles (bonus) and you get your games.

Kinect is also a great party thing which everybody can get into.

Depends what you're looking for.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:03 pm

I think Halo is a pretty cool guy. Eh kills aleins and doesnt afraid of anything.

- Zipeprfich :mrgreen:

I'm going to buy one for myself before Christmas. Probably end up using it more for Netflix than gaming though, the way things go. Looking forward to telling Telus TV/Superchannel to fuck right off altogether.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:25 pm

My kid has both and loves the XBOX better. The Kinect is so much better than PS Move. As far as driving games XBox Forza series is way better than Gran Turismo. The Dirt series is availiable for both. The Uncharted series is good but I believe is PS3.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:50 pm

I would say PS3. I love mine and use it for all sorts of different functions as it fills in as a console, DVD/BluRay player and Netflix. The libraries are virtually identical, but PS3 wins out for other reasons. Blu-Ray is one. Doesn't make sense that X-Box doesn't have it. The online community is more mature (relatively speaking) which is a consideration for your kids. Also it uses USB ports which allows me to plug in my external hard drive and watch movies on my TV rather then my laptop. I also enjoy the interface better finding it easier to use and navigate.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:54 pm

ccga3359 ccga3359:
As far as driving games XBox Forza series is way better than Gran Turismo.

You're kidding, right? I've played both series, and have never swayed from Gran Turismo. Forza is for people who can't make it in Gran Turismo. It's a poor excuse for a racing series. GT series continually blows the doors off other racing games.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 pm

SigPig SigPig:
I also enjoy the interface better finding it easier to use and navigate.

That.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:26 pm

I paid $99 for two years of xbox live. That's pretty cheap and the big plus is you get what you pay for. Any updates are super fast (unlike the PS3) and I've had an xbox 360 since they first came out and never had the server go down. Both systems have wireless internet now, however, I use my Xbox for Netflix and no issues. The interface is a lot easier to use for the Xbox. Now the plus with the PS3 is the blu-ray. However, blu-ray players/surround sounds in a box are so cheap these days you could get a cheap surround sound in a box /w blu-ray for the cost of the PS3 (higher end one). I've had both systems since they came out and realistically the PS3 collects dust now that I have a surround sound, unless the kiddies are playing Little Big Planet.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:44 pm

PS3 the hack was a piss off, but all the kiss up was pretty decent.

I wired mine and if my provider didn't suck it would be freakin' awesome. But it does so I live with it. Yay for small town Canada.