CKA Forums
Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30479
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:59 pm
 


About 5 days ago, I started having bad headaches but seems it has nothing to do with my problem. I then had a loss of feeling on my tongue, had problems with my right eye (have trouble closing it completely) and then with the right side of my mouth. Spent the day seeing my doc, who sent me to the hospital for some neurological tests immediately. Had a brain scan and I'll say it before anybody here does, they found nothing. :lol: Met the neurologist who says I probably have Bell's palsy.

Much better than the alternative which would have been damage to a part of the brain due to a blood clot or worse. Besides, the possibility that everything will get back to normal is quite high.

Another plus side was that a got poked and prodding by a very cute young neurologist. [drool]


Anybody here, or anybody you know, have any "experience" with this?



Note: This is what Jean Chretien has.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 36227
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:12 pm
 


Wow man! I have experience with a stroke, but not that.

Seems we get to a certain age, the warranty expires and everything falls apart. :(


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30479
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:22 pm
 


I've never been very sick and if the worse I ever get boils down to an inflamed nerve... I won't complain too much.


Last edited by raydan on Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 65088
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:24 pm
 


Mrs. Bart deals with Bell's Palsy patients quite a bit and while I'm no expert on the topic, I can say that I've never had the impression from her that this is the worst thing that can happen to a person. It's not good, of course, but I do mean to reassure you that in 26 years of Lisa's working in maxillofacial-prosthodontic dentistry that I've never heard her put on her somber voice when telling me someone has this affliction. I do hear the somber voice for things like pancreatic cancer and etc.

If you'd like me to pass this along to her and ask her to write something for you I'd be happy to do so.

In the meantime, you will most sincerely be added to the prayer list at my church on Sunday.

Peter


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 50937
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:27 pm
 


I had never even heard of it before! Good luck, Ray!!


Offline
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 4233
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:55 pm
 


Its never good to hear about such things from anyone, even if you hardly know the person in reality or in this case virtually. I must admits I've never heard of this affliction before but glad its not something too serious although I'm sure not having would have been even better.

In any case best wishes and prayers that it only gets better from here onwards

And now go watch some more porn you old horn dog and maybe it'll jolt your system back into shape ! :D


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7835
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:10 pm
 


Yeah my medical issues basically extend as far as psoriasis. Sorry I can't part with any advice, but I hope you get the finest treatment available and it goes well. Best wishes, God bless, and take care of yourself. Honestly, the one thing you should never do is feel hopeless.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:28 pm
 


raydan wrote:
About 5 days ago, I started having bad headaches but seems it has nothing to do with my problem. I then had a loss of feeling on my tongue, had problems with my right eye (have trouble closing it completely) and then with the right side of my mouth. Spent the day seeing my doc, who sent me to the hospital for some neurological tests immediately. Had a brain scan and I'll say it before anybody here does, they found nothing. :lol: Met the neurologist who says I probably have Bell's palsy.

Much better than the alternative which would have been damage to a part of the brain due to a blood clot or worse. Besides, the possibility that everything will get back to normal is quite high.

Another plus side was that a got poked and prodding by a very cute young neurologist. [drool]


Anybody here, or anybody you know, have any "experience" with this?




Note: This is what Jean Chretien has.


Never got poked by a neurologist... :P


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:30 pm
 


raydan wrote:
I've never been very sick and if the worse I ever get boils down to an inflamed nerve... I won't complain too much.


I had a spider bite a couple of years back that numbed my elbow permanently. Some feeling did come back, but some did not.

It was weird as hell - elbow on fire but numb as hell. :evil: Eventually it just went semi-numb.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 8496
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:26 pm
 


I have a friend who got Bell's about 25 years ago. Sense then he has: been an instructor at a teachers education college, put on several plays, published a play, watch his kids grow up, one became a Phd in biochem, was elected to the Saskatchewan legislature for one term and worked as a director of education. So I guess you don't have much left to do with your time here.


Offline
Newbie
Newbie
Profile
Posts: 2
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:44 pm
 


I had this 6 or 7 years agon, face went numb on the left side, it never came back 100 percent, the worse part i can recall is that i couldn't blink, you dont realize how important blinking is to lubricating your eye until you can't do it. It was like have sand in your eyes all the time for weeks, i had to use eye drops very frequently.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 30479
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:06 pm
 


Hi Grog, you should go start a thread and introduce yourself.

Same here for the eye, I'm getting the drops tomorrow... but I think the worst for me right now is the loss of some sense of taste... I love food. :(


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23555
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:28 pm
 


raydan wrote:
Hi Grog, you should go start a thread and introduce yourself.

Same here for the eye, I'm getting the drops tomorrow... but I think the worst for me right now is the loss of some sense of taste... I love food. :(


This sucks, buddy. Whisky... can't hurt!


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 19989
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 8:58 pm
 


raydan wrote:
......prodding by a very cute young neurologist.

Anybody here, or anybody you know, have any "experience" with this?


Was it a he or a she?...... :lol:

In my case, no to either, closest I ever got was an offer of a back massage by a gay male nurse when I was a teen.......refused...


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 12149
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:04 pm
 


Sorry to hear raydan. :( I wish I could offer you some helpful advice or insight but I have not known anyone with this.

I can offer you my warmest wishes that all will return to normal as you mention is a strong possibility.

*hug*


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.