Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Didn't teach you much besides law in uni? More calories in than out = fat. Sugar can make you very fat indeed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:32 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

In Newfoundland, they were introduced, have no natural predators (except us) and they've reproduced like the bunny rabbits in Australia.

p.s. ... not just a Western problem. The road between here and Sudbury is quite dangerous at night during Noose mating season.
Noose mating season? Do their knots come untied and then join together in a new knot, or not?

Last edited by fifeboy on Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:33 pm

I think he got mixed up and meant to write moose nating season.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:39 pm

andyt andyt:
I think he got mixed up and meant to write moose nating season.

Like this? A good example of a moose nating a car!
Or a noose mating a car, I'm confused now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:15 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:

In Newfoundland, they were introduced, have no natural predators (except us) and they've reproduced like the bunny rabbits in Australia.

p.s. ... not just a Western problem. The road between here and Sudbury is quite dangerous at night during Noose mating season.
Noose mating season? Do their knots come untied and then join together in a new knot, or not?

They come out of the woods and do seriously irrational things ... like charge trains, vehicles, etc. They ain't too bright but they can turn you into chip dip.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 5:28 pm

Having arguments with a girl at work who'd into feeding her pets all raw meat. She's got the part about dogs and cat don't eat mainly rice and corn correct, but they say eating cooked meat was responsible for the rapid development of the human brain once cooking was discovered.
So I'm feeding my goddam Pomeranian leftover cooked meat. Lots of it.
Maybe in 100 generations Pomeranians will be as smart as the fucking cat!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:41 pm

herbie herbie:

:mrgreen:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:02 pm

herbie herbie:
Having arguments with a girl at work who'd into feeding her pets all raw meat. She's got the part about dogs and cat don't eat mainly rice and corn correct, but they say eating cooked meat was responsible for the rapid development of the human brain once cooking was discovered.

Yeah, love this, you'll have to tell us how it works out, or maybe your Pomeranian's great, great, great.....grandkids can tell us themselves.:)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:47 am

herbie herbie:

I free feed my cat raw meat, and moderately high protein cat food. She dropped almost 3 pounds (was only 11), and after 14 years started tearing around the house like a yearling. Her coat is shiny, she purrs if you look at her, and plays at the drop of a hat. And the dental problems she had on kitty chow only, are gone.

herbie herbie:

Mmmm, no. Pomeranians weren't bred for their smarts. It'll take more than 100 generations. ;)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:56 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

I free feed my cat raw meat, and moderately high protein cat food. She dropped almost 3 pounds (was only 11), and after 14 years started tearing around the house like a yearling. Her coat is shiny, she purrs if you look at her, and plays at the drop of a hat. And the dental problems she had on kitty chow only, are gone.
;)
i should try that on my wife.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:38 am

Dropping three pounds.....I can do that sitting down

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:49 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

The only problem there is the hairy palms you get!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:49 pm

:D

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 2:34 pm

fifeboy fifeboy:
ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

The only problem there is the hairy palms you get!

8O You get hairy palms from taking a dump?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:00 pm

Regina Regina:
I thought Vegan and Vegetarian were one and the same. There's no doubt someone who is a Veggie can be as big as they like, but they will need to have a protein replacement.

It's already been noted, but for the record, there are several kinds of vegetarians;

$1:
The vegan diet

This is the most restrictive type of vegetarian diet. Vegans not only eliminate all animal-based foods but avoid dairy products of all types as well as eggs. While generally considered to be a healthy diet in terms of preventing disease, it takes planning to get enough protein, iron, and calcium on a vegan diet, although it’s not impossible. Many people start out with less restrictive form of vegetarianism and gradually progress to a vegan diet over time.

Lacto-vegetarianism

People who adopt a lacto-vegetarian diet abstain from all meat products, including eggs, but continue to eat dairy products. The advantage to this form of vegetarianism is you’re less likely to develop a calcium deficiency due to the inclusion of calcium rich milk products.

Lacto-ovo vegetarianism

Lacto-ovo vegetarians avoid all meat but allow themselves to eat both dairy products and eggs. The inclusion of eggs and milk makes it easier to maintain calcium and protein levels and is, in general, an easier form of vegetarianism to adapt to, particularly if you eat out a great deal. Have you ever stopped to consider how many baked goods contain eggs and dairy products?

Pescatarians

One of the least restrictive forms of vegetarianism is the pescatarian lifestyle where you avoid all meat products with the exception of fish. Many people don’t consider pescatarians to be true vegetarians since they allow themselves to eat seafood. They also consume dairy products and eggs.

Flexitarians

Flexitarian is a relatively new term for a type of “on and off” vegetarian who eats a basic lacto-ovo vegetarian diet with the addition of meat products on occasion. This group of vegetarians is sometimes criticized for their lack of commitment to the vegetarian cause. Some flexitarians use this more flexible form of vegetarianism to test the waters and eventually transition over to more restrictive types of vegetarianism.

http://www.aviva.ca/article.asp?articleid=136

Personally, if someone wants to do it, that's fine by me, but I'm not very interested in it. I do know a couple people who fall under the 'Flexitarian' method.

But there is no way I'm giving up Bacon! [drool]