canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:28 pm

Health officials: Coronavirus spread to the US 'inevitable'

I see a profitable opportunity to stock up now on N-90 face masks and sell them to your more paranoid co-workers at a generous markup. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:35 pm

shhhh we just ordered some last week. :lol:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Shipping to and from China has ground to a halt.

Seriously everyone on CKA, it's time to go to the store and get what you might need for a six to eight week hunker-down.

More if you can afford it and if you have room.

https://www.google.com/search?q=china+s ... 31&bih=712

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 3:52 pm

The more you test, the more you’ll find.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:03 pm

Our management made it official: They're not going to listen to the CDC and instead are going to do exactly fuck all to prepare for the virus.

My team is preparing to do our jobs from home in the event we are ordered to stay home from work.

We are not doing FUCK for upper management. [B-o]

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:38 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Seriously everyone on CKA, it's time to go to the store and get what you might need for a six to eight week hunker-down.

More if you can afford it and if you have room.

I always have enough on hand to survive 1-2 months, if I need. And simultaneously I am prepared to abandon the place on a moment's notice.

Protip: Most grocery stores sell bottles of water for $1 each, in a flat of 24. Only the idiots pay that much. They often have 4l or 10l jugs in the pop aisle for $2 -$3 each. Pick one or two up when you shop, and leave them in a closet somewhere.

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
My team is preparing to do our jobs from home in the event we are ordered to stay home from work.

We had a simulated event last week where the building we work in was quarantined and every one had to work from home.

No issues. :)

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:58 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Our management made it official: They're not going to listen to the CDC and instead are going to do exactly fuck all to prepare for the virus.
What do you want them to do?

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
We are not doing FUCK for upper management. [B-o]
Great! That is what the bad guys want! ordo ad chao!
I will take "How to provoke anarchy while rolling in the next phase of mass surveillance technology without the audience noticing what is going down?" for 200$, Alex!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:04 am

Chucky, if the CDC orders people to stay home and quarantine in our city we will do that regardless of any conspiracies. We still have to make reasonable preparations to do this if it's needed and even if it isn't it's still a useful disaster recovery exercise.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:06 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
... and even if it isn't it's still a useful disaster recovery exercise.
Now we are talking!

So..... what do you want your upper management to do? Play along with the charade??

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:24 am

CharlesAnthony CharlesAnthony:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:
... and even if it isn't it's still a useful disaster recovery exercise.
Now we are talking!

So..... what do you want your upper management to do? Play along with the charade??

I expect upper management to do their fucking jobs and not pretend that there isn't a problem.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:25 am

China reportedly is covering up their actual stats. Big surprise here.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/leaked-do ... 51354.html

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:34 am

Just a small part of what I was given in an email. This is from the CD :

Risk Assessment

Outbreaks of novel virus infections among people are always of public health concern. The risk from these outbreaks depends on characteristics of the virus, including how well it spreads between people, the severity of resulting illness, and the medical or other measures available to control the impact of the virus (for example, vaccine or treatment medications). The fact that this disease has caused illness, including illness resulting in death, and sustained person-to-person spread is concerning. These factors meet two of the criteria of a pandemic. As community spread is detected in more and more countries, the world moves closer toward meeting the third criteria, the worldwide spread of the new virus.

The potential public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, both globally and to the United States.

But individual risk is dependent on exposure.
•For the general American public, who are unlikely to be exposed to this virus at this time, the immediate health risk from COVID-19 is considered low.
•Under current circumstances, certain people will have an increased risk of infection, for example, healthcare workers caring for patients with COVID-19 and other close contacts of persons with COVID-19. CDC has developed guidance to help in the risk assessment and management of people with potential exposures to COVID-19.

However, it’s important to note that current global circumstances suggest it is likely that this virus will cause a pandemic. In that case, the risk assessment would be different.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:24 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Dallas Stars

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 pm

xerxes xerxes:

Give it enough time and they wont be able to. 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:33 pm

Coronavirus cases jump to 400 in Italy

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7991 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 533  Next