CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:28 pm

Nature finds a way.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:01 pm

And infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters could eventually type out the works of Shakespeare.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:28 am

Scape Scape:
The site of the infection would be a boon to find but as China squandered that due to malfeasance it simply isn't viable. However, COVID-19 is not SARS in that is has not one but two key aspects that allow it to be so infectious and as a derivative of that allows to infect other species as well. However, it still is custom made to infect humans over any other species.

That is why I am not sold that this is zoological. Random mutations may be able to get ONE of the keys to the kingdom but two? I have never heard of that before going back to the bubonic plague. This stinks to high heaven of a botched lab job gone amok.

We will never know for certain how this saw the light of day and although it is theoretically possible that a random mutation could allow two such key adaption could happen I don't see something like that happening out of the blue. This came loaded for bear from the get go.

Your opinion is irrelevant. Show your work. Show us how COVID-19 has 2 'key mutations' that aren't random. Show us how humans can create these attributes intentionally.

Bonus points for showing a science study or paper on this, from a reputable source.

I don't however expect you will, given your unwillingness to show your work so far. If this is the only way that I can get you to see you have been fooled by the same tactics that entrap Trumpanzees and flat earthers into their delusions, then this is what I have to do. But I obviously can't do that using the facts. You have to come to this realization yourself. And researching how viruses actually work, and what humans are capable of may be that ticket.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:21 am

Just booked my second dose.

For all Albertans, everyone born in 2009 or before can get a first dose, and anyone who has had a first dose in April or earlier can book a second dose.

Mine is in 9 days. 8O

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:32 am

Scape Scape:
The site of the infection would be a boon to find but as China squandered that due to malfeasance it simply isn't viable.

$1:
Chinese researchers find batch of new coronaviruses in bats

Chinese researchers said Thursday they had found a batch of new coronaviruses in bats including one that may be the second-closest yet, genetically, to the COVID-19 virus.

According to the researchers, their discoveries in a single, small region of Yunnan province, southwestern China show just how many coronaviruses there are in bats and how many have the potential to spread to people.

Weifeng Shi of the University of Shandong and colleagues collected samples from small, forest-dwelling bats between May, 2019 and November, 2020. They tested urine and feces as well as taking swabs from the bats' mouths.

"In total, we assembled 24 novel coronavirus genomes from different bat species, including four SARS-CoV-2 like coronaviruses," the researchers wrote in a report published in the journal Cell.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5466147

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:35 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

That's not good...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:53 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

And predicted. The longer the virus continues to be in people, the more it will adapt to infect other people. Those people likely had a less severe form of the virus, but that just means the virus will adapt to better infect vaccinated people.

And we will be getting Covid annually, instead of or alongside the annual flu.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:40 am

I tried to explain that to a guy who felt it was fine to go to movie theatres since so many single dosages had happened.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:49 pm

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2021 4:52 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
And we will be getting Covid annually, instead of or alongside the annual flu.

1) Doubtful.
2) A lot of people will just do the same thing they did with the flu shot: NOT getting it.

I stopped getting the flu shot back in the late 1990's because I had chronic bronchitis, and
the flu shot was useless. I don't intend to keep going back for Covid shots after my second dose is done, because it will be redundant and useless as well.

It's past time to open everything back to normal, and live with this nonsense just like we did with the flu and many other viruses. Enough is enough.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:00 am

$1:
Highly contagious delta variant could be Alberta's primary strain by late June, scientists warn

. . .

Gasperowicz said delta variant cases are doubling roughly every six to 12 days. With a doubling time of eight days, she said delta will become the dominant strain around June 26. If it doubles at a more conservative prediction of every 12 days, the variant would become the dominant strain around July 5.

"We are in exponential [growth] now," she said. "It's the same story."

In a worst case scenario that could mean daily case counts once again in the thousands — a projection that doesn't factor in the future negative effects of loosened restrictions, or the positive effects of higher vaccination rates, Gasperowicz said.

. . .

He thinks reopening before the province hits 70 per cent of people fully immunized — not just with one dose, the current benchmark — is a mistake.

"What we're looking at is the potential for a fourth wave to complicate what happens in September with trying to get kids into school and people back to work," he said.

Studies out of the United Kingdom, where the delta variant has driven a surge of new cases, show only about a third of people are protected against the variant after a single shot.

That protection jumps to 60 per cent with the second dose for those who have received an AstraZeneca vaccine, and 90 per cent for those who have received an mRNA vaccine.

. . .

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/ ... -1.6065760

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:14 am

Restrictions are lifted in BC. Yay!!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7991 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 324  325  326  327  328  329  330 ... 533  Next