canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:41 pm

An Erin O’Toole-led pandemic plan would look like Alberta’s COVID crisis, Trudeau says

I can't stand him but on this he is right. The cons have as much of a plan on the environment as they do for Covid. They walk on eggshells terrified of their base and will only act when reality forces them to do so. By that time we could all be dead.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:20 pm

Pope Calls Out Anti-Vaccine Sentiment in Catholic Church
$1:
Pope Francis called Wednesday on Catholics worldwide to get vaccinated against COVID-19, in an apparent rebuke to a U.S. cardinal who was hospitalized with the disease after anti-vaccination comments. Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke, who is in his early seventies, was hospitalized with severe COVID-19 in August and placed on a ventilator. He survived, but now faces an intensive rehabilitation. Cardinal Burke previously called vaccinations “totalitarian” and repeated a conspiracy theory that COVID vaccines carry hidden microchips. Speaking to journalists aboard a return flight to Rome Wednesday, Pope Francis rejected anti-vaccine sentiment and said getting a shot is an “act of love.”

Pope Francis: “It is a bit strange, because humanity has a history of friendship with vaccines. As children, we were vaccinated for measles, polio. All the children were vaccinated, and no one protested.”

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:29 pm

I remember the old days where the parents would be incredibly proud of having a comprehensive immunization record showing their kids were safe. Nowadays? I got back to the car at a store yesterday and some asshole had shoved a leaflet under the wiper with a cartoon of two kids wearing masks and a caption of "THIS IS CHILD ABUSE!". I completely lost my shit, shredded the damn paper to pieces, and started swearing & yelling, and if whoever had done it had been around they would have fucking gotten an earful from me.

On the heels of the terrible damage Trump deliberately caused, the anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers/anti-medicine types might have actually succeeding in collapsing what remained of civility in our wretched society during this epidemic. Even after COVID is done with I don't think any of these social ruptures that have been ripped wide open over the last year will ever be repaired. This is about as absolutist, us vs. them, as it can get. :|

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:46 pm

Scape Scape:
An Erin O’Toole-led pandemic plan would look like Alberta’s COVID crisis, Trudeau says

I can't stand him but on this he is right. The cons have as much of a plan on the environment as they do for Covid. They walk on eggshells terrified of their base and will only act when reality forces them to do so. By that time we could all be dead.

:roll:

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:09 pm

Scape Scape:

You aren't wrong, and honestly the only part of the Con platform that gets any traction from me is the 2% of GDP promise for defence spending, but given their past history, even that is doubtful, because tax cuts and a surplus always seem to come before the CF.

Their lousy platform made it easy to eliminate at least one party in my riding when I went to vote on the weekend.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:21 pm

What a freaking circus.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:23 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Scape Scape:

:roll:

-J.

Prove me wrong. Show me Jason K having a coherent policy or O'Toole deferring to how Alberta is NUMBER ONE in COVID cases.

Seriously.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:38 pm

Most of Ontario allegedly detests Doug Ford for his performance on COVID. And right now most of Alberta would trade Jason Kenney for Doug Ford in a heartbeat. That's how bad the failure out here has been. :|

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:48 pm

Nicki Minaj's Reverse psychology?
How many men are gonna run out and get the vax hoping it makes their balls bigger?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:53 pm

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

So funny cuz you KNOW this rings true.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:03 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Most of Ontario allegedly detests Doug Ford for his performance on COVID. And right now most of Alberta would trade Jason Kenney for Doug Ford in a heartbeat. That's how bad the failure out here has been. :|

Alberta patients may be transferred to Ontario as hospitals bear down under COVID-19's 4th wave

A sea of stupid.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:03 am

Thanos Thanos:
I remember the old days where the parents would be incredibly proud of having a comprehensive immunization record showing their kids were safe. Nowadays? I got back to the car at a store yesterday and some asshole had shoved a leaflet under the wiper with a cartoon of two kids wearing masks and a caption of "THIS IS CHILD ABUSE!". I completely lost my shit, shredded the damn paper to pieces, and started swearing & yelling, and if whoever had done it had been around they would have fucking gotten an earful from me.

On the heels of the terrible damage Trump deliberately caused, the anti-vaxxers/anti-maskers/anti-medicine types might have actually succeeding in collapsing what remained of civility in our wretched society during this epidemic. Even after COVID is done with I don't think any of these social ruptures that have been ripped wide open over the last year will ever be repaired. This is about as absolutist, us vs. them, as it can get. :|

The age of the internet has convinced some people that their uninformed opinion is equal to that of trained experts. That is what has led us to this point.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 am

$1:
Hospital staff must swear off Tylenol, Tums to get religious vaccine exemption

A hospital system in Arkansas is making it a bit more difficult for staff to receive a religious exemption from its COVID-19 vaccine mandate. The hospital is now requiring staff to also swear off extremely common medicines, such as Tylenol, Tums, and even Preparation H, to get the exemption.

The move was prompted when Conway Regional Health System noted an unusual uptick in vaccine exemption requests that cited the use of fetal cell lines in the development and testing of the vaccines.

"This was significantly disproportionate to what we've seen with the influenza vaccine," Matt Troup, president and CEO of Conway Regional Health System, told Becker's Hospital Review in an interview Wednesday.

"Thus," Troup went on, "we provided a religious attestation form for those individuals requesting a religious exemption," he said. The form includes a list of 30 commonly used medicines that "fall into the same category as the COVID-19 vaccine in their use of fetal cell lines," Conway Regional said.

The list includes Tylenol, Pepto Bismol, aspirin, Tums, Lipitor, Senokot, Motrin, ibuprofen, Maalox, Ex-Lax, Benadryl, Sudafed, albuterol, Preparation H, MMR vaccine, Claritin, Zoloft, Prilosec OTC, and azithromycin.

Conway Regional notes that the list includes commonly used and available drugs but that it is not an all-inclusive list of such medicines.

Employees are asked to attest that they "truthfully acknowledge and affirm that my sincerely held religious belief is consistent and true" and that they do not and will not use the medications and any others like them.

https://arstechnica.com/science/2021/09 ... exemption/

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7991 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 384  385  386  387  388  389  390 ... 533  Next