bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 3:57 pm

Since when is raising an eyebrow to the absurd being an asshole? I mean, c'mon.

-J.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 4:21 pm

Not being one, acting like one. It's subtle, but there is a difference.

Why is a guy's t-shirt absurd? He chooses to tell people he is vaccinated his way. So I ask again, is it not his right to tell whomever he wants however he wants?

Because you know I will remember your answer next time you rant on about free speech. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:13 pm

Wearing a "I got vaxxed!" t-shirt is sort of like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Then again the anti-vaxxers need to be aggressively confronted and ridiculed so if a shirt like that is a lure to give them a good drubbing then I'm all for it. No different really than putting some cheese out for a rat you plan to shoot.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:45 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Wearing a "I got vaxxed!" t-shirt is sort of like waving a red flag in front of a bull. Then again the anti-vaxxers need to be aggressively confronted and ridiculed so if a shirt like that is a lure to give them a good drubbing then I'm all for it. No different really than putting some cheese out for a rat you plan to shoot.

^ That.

Unlike a lot of my friends and associates, I didn't post about getting both my vaccines on social media, nor did I broadcast it to anyone other than my parents, closest friends, and employer. The world doesn't need to know personal medical details that should stay personal.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:34 pm

But it needn’t be a stigma or something to shy away from. It’s not like you’re advertising you had an STI.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:45 pm

Oh come on don't pussyfoot

"I'm not fucking stupid.
I got the JAB!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:52 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Thanos Thanos:

^ That.

Unlike a lot of my friends and associates, I didn't post about getting both my vaccines on social media, nor did I broadcast it to anyone other than my parents, closest friends, and employer. The world doesn't need to know personal medical details that should stay personal.

-J.

Vaccine compliance isn’t something that should be a deep dark secret. I really don’t understand why you feel this way. But speaking of personal medical details I think my tetanus is out of date I’m also thinking I should get the shingles shot too!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:56 am

housewife housewife:
I really don’t understand why you feel this way.

I grew up in a time when many aspects of someone's life were private. A person's salary, who they vote for in an election, and medical information were things that no one talked about openly. It was understood that you don't talk about those things whatsoever.

Thanks to technology and social media, people find it necessary to disclose just about anything, anywhere all over the place so that they can get instant gratification and then 'feel good' about it. Society has become one of participation medals, and accolades for things that shouldn't get accolades.

I saw people on my Facebook make sure that everyone knew they got their shot(s), switching to a new profile pic holding their arms with a mask on, and with one of those custom frames for the picture that says, "I GOT VACCINATED!"

Great! You went and did an adult thing, which is what you should do regardless. There's absolutely no need to broadcast it to the world. Things have gotten out of hand in the last couple of decades, and it's not getting any better. Social media and this 'instant gratification' that goes with it are the worst thing to happen to society.

-J.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:24 am

I understand that social media has made the world a crazy place and that people seem to over share everything. I have a hard time sharing a lot of stuff and am not on social media. I do see the fringes and really don’t understand why people want a Scooby snack for doing the right thing. But there are two extremes. No one needs to be in either extreme. Being an adult and adulting shouldn’t be a secret society or get you a Scooby snack. There’s a middle ground.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:47 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

Because I can.

-J.

You're literally Eric Cartman.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:48 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
Thanos Thanos:

^ That.

-J.

If you don't understand why people were vocal about getting the vaccine, well, that's kinda sad.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:53 am

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:

I grew up in a time when many aspects of someone's life were private. A person's salary, who they vote for in an election, and medical information were things that no one talked about openly. It was understood that you don't talk about those things whatsoever.

Salary - You know who loves people not talking about their salary? The employer. Transparency behind wages ensures that people aren't getting dicked over, and employers are forced to pay people equally for the same work. It also means you can see what people are making doing your job elsewhere, and gives you bargaining power in raises/getting a new job. Hiding your salary is peak boomer nonsense.

Who you vote for? Lets be real, have a conversation about any current topic and you can probably figure out who someone is going to vote for.

And saying you got a vaccine in a time of excessive vaccine hesitancy driven by shit science and dumb people isn't talking about your medical information. A lot of people follow the trend. If all their friends are getting the vaccine, that might drive them to get it. Think of it as passive peer pressure.

Also, nothing wrong with talking about medical information either. That kind of mentality is why it's taken decades for there to be any kind of discussion around mental health. Again, boomer nonsense.

Obfuscation is rarely a positive. Openness and transparency 99% of the time is better for everyone.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:38 pm

"There is such a thing as oversharing, and a person aught to be aware of it." ;)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2021 2:01 pm

I firmly believe that some things need to be/are best left private.

-J.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 7991 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 387  388  389  390  391  392  393 ... 533  Next