Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:46 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Monkeys were a rotten choice to choose to evolve the dominant species from. Dogs or wolves would have been much better as they don't act like assholes 99% of the time. :|

I disagree. If we were descendant from wolves then it'd be Marines who'd be running everything and that'd be no damn fun at all.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:53 pm

I could live comfortably with that. I don't find a rational autocracy to be morally disturbing at all as long as the genuine arseholes, troublemakers, and other assorted villains are firmly put in their place.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:55 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
raydan raydan:
Humans are pack animals, instinctively at least and even though we may think we're past that now, we really aren't. What do pack animals do, especially when growing up? They fight for dominance and to find their place in the pack.

And when confronted with a pack of bullies you pick the biggest and the worst of them and you beat the SOB until he bleeds.

In doing so you'll find that the rest of them will suddenly become reacquainted with their individuality lest they be your next target.

Come on Bart, you know that not all people have that wiring... in some the flight is strong but not the fight. No problem there, if the fight was strong in everybody, we would have fought ourselves to extinction a long time ago. What I've found is that bullies don't tend to run in packs, at least not in large ones because there'd be too much infighting. The best thing for the others is safety in numbers. Problem in, in this age of social media, it's getting more and more difficult to actually get a group together... most kids are walking alone.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:02 pm

raydan raydan:
Humans are pack animals, instinctively at least and even though we may think we're past that now, we really aren't. What do pack animals do, especially when growing up? They fight for dominance and to find their place in the pack.

We definitely haven't. All that's changed is our level of technology and that our largest "pack units" are now nation-states.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 5:21 pm

I remember that concept (homosexual society with hetero minorities) being talked about in school a lot. Seemed to be a decently tolerant school, but being straight I don't really know. "Gay" = "Dumb, Shitty, Bad" was constantly used, as I'm sure it still is. That's a pretty bad one, I think. It has to be jarring to have your group be what amounts to a curse word to others. I have a number of friends from back then who turned out gay; most of them refused to mention it until they graduated, so I assume they must have had their reasons.

As for the story... I'm shocked that there's one sheltered student out of a class that no doubt hosts violent video game champions, psychotic bullies, R-movie watchers, druggies, drinkers, thieves, and, unfortunately, rampent sexual experimenters. Good for him, hope he keeps that up before falling into depravity with the rest of his classmates. He's probably going to have the shittiest time in the world at school.

Middle school was slightly scarier than high school - or I got used to it

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:

As for the story... I'm shocked that there's one sheltered student out of a class that no doubt hosts violent video game champions, psychotic bullies, R-movie watchers, druggies, drinkers, thieves, and, unfortunately, rampent sexual experimenters.

That's quite a list. :(

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:05 pm

stratos stratos:
This is not a gay/lesbian problem, strait teens and adults have this problem also. A persons sexuality has no bearing on if he/she is a cutter, commits suicide, or any other form of self harm.

ITs not up to the educational system to be telling our kids about anything other than maybe what safe sex is. They don't have any more moral authority than the rest of society.

My kids are off to private school next fall. Besides a better focus on letting students excel there is none of this crap.

I don't know. Somehow I never became a gay basher and I never had to take LGBT exposure in school.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 am

This is very useful for me :)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:05 am

What on earth did I just watch.

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:10 am

A year and a half old video :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator