bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:23 am

arsletirott wrote:
Hi there i'm really confused... our goalie markström got smashed to the ice about four times without a penalty.. and your goalie got tackled ONES just because one of your guys ran into one of ours. Did you see Subbans reaction? He was furious and just couldnt understand why it wasnt judged as a penalty for the swedes..
and you guys complain about hedman making a headlock on esposito when he tackles our goalie?? HOw the flying F*ck do you think your guys would react if we did that to your goalie four times?! as a player you have to make a stand and show that it isnt okay when you touch our goalie like that. Your team would do exactly the same and much more. Imagine us doing that to you on your home ice rink..there would be riots in a few seconds..
The goalie was trying to play the puck and got in the way. Stay in your net and maybe we won't wreck you. He was fishing for penalties and diving worse than the Italian soccer team.

As for the trash talking, Sweden players trash talked before the game, then played dirty. They deserve it so suck it up.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:25 am

Axeman wrote:
Regina wrote:
Good post rulebook and not like the others at all.

As far as the Swedish goal being protected, he is only protected while within the “blue ice” so when outside that area he is like any other player.

As a level 3 referee, I have to tell you that you are patently wrong on that point. Contact is not permitted with the goaltender ANYWHERE. In fact, if contact with the goaltender is significant enough to warrant a charging penalty, it must be a major if the goaltender is involved.

What if he skates in front of the player, or into them, and sticks his fucking leg out trying to trip them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:27 am

smeagol8 wrote:
I admit that Jacob Markström exaggerates when getting hit, and I do not like that. Something he has to learn. But the Esposito situation looked really bad, if you try to be objective a second?

Do you have a story in Sweden called 'The boy who cried Wolf' ?
I'm sure you have something similar.

Once the ref decides the goalie is acting, and won't do anything about it,
then IF something 'really' happened, all credibility is lost.

I remember couple of years ago, someone ( Nash ? )
took out the Slovak goalie behind the net, and Canada scored right after.

Even we couldn't beleive the ref would let it stand, but it did.
and I was in Slovakia at the time.. XD
man, talk about hiding under the tables... :P

Its good to see even the Swedes are pissed about the officiating,
something really needs to be done about it.

Last edited by martin14 on Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:27 am

rulebook wrote:
Cheering for your own country is of course good, I'm supporting that, BUT when you start boo at some of the opponents players when they got the puck, that's just plain wrong.

Your right, we should have been whistling. How unintentional of us.
rulebook wrote:
The referees were actually a total joke.

Looks like we agree on that. After that second period where Canada played a man short for at least half of it and faced a 5 on 3 pk twice. My buddies and I were commenting that it looked like the ref was making sure he didn’t look like he was favoring Canada. But that’s what you get with European refereeing. Get use to it , we did.

rulebook wrote:
when Esposito completely smashed our goalkeepers leg.

Your goalie plays soccer in the summer, doesn’t he.

rulebook wrote:
Really, next time you arrange stuff like this (will be next year anyway, then USA, then Canada again, I wonder why?)

Europe doesn’t support this tournament, it’s as simple as that.

rulebook wrote:
By the way, the people trashtalking the swedish team, such as the guy saying that the swedish goalkeeper shouldn't even try out for an NHL team, are just childish and immature.

Actually their just giving him advice. If he pulls that diving crap in the NHL, they’ll turn him into a giant meatball. We know a dive when we see one, not like you Soccer fans.

rulebook wrote:
You were the better team, no doubts.

So why is there so many of you coming here and whining about it then?

Oh and by the way, you do know that was our B team, right? There were 7, 19 years olds playing in the NHL that were missing from this years team.

rulebook wrote:
Congratulations once again, well deserved, but think about what I just wrote.

tyvm and you noticed that we won without any of our players trying to bite someone else’s finger off.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 am

Axeman wrote:
Regina wrote:
Good post rulebook and not like the others at all.

As far as the Swedish goal being protected, he is only protected while within the “blue ice” so when outside that area he is like any other player.

As a level 3 referee, I have to tell you that you are patently wrong on that point. Contact is not permitted with the goaltender ANYWHERE. In fact, if contact with the goaltender is significant enough to warrant a charging penalty, it must be a major if the goaltender is involved.

I stand corrected......although I did check with my level 5 chum. :lol:
Both players must also make an attempt to avoid a collision which neither did.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:41 am

Alta_redneck wrote:
rulebook wrote:
Oh and by the way, you do know that was our B team, right? There were 7, 19 years olds playing in the NHL that were missing from this years team.

We know, you are sooo great, but how many hockey players do you have compared to us? In Sweden soccer is by far the biggest game, hockey is no 3 or 4. Around 50000 players.

We cannot help that you suck big time in all other team sports...

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:44 am

smeagol8 wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:
rulebook wrote:

We know, you are sooo great, but how many hockey players do you have compared to us? In Sweden soccer is by far the biggest game, hockey is no 3 or 4. Around 50000 players.

Hopefully your baseball, basketball and football programs don’t suck.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:47 am

smeagol8 wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:
rulebook wrote:

and we can't help that you don't have your priorities in order :)

Cmon, I live in Slovakia, its even smaller than Sweden;
and it's no excuse, or else the US and China would own everything,
which they don't.

You put out the best team you can, period. The Slovaks
are happy with 4th, their best result in years.
Looks good for the future, better watch out

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:49 am

hmm, methinks henke isn't really Canadian, and his time
around here is just about to end..

same vid as '87.. were you even alive back then ?
Cmon, get with the program... this is ancient history..

Post a vid from last night at least..

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:57 am

martin14 wrote:
[/quote]

We cannot help that you suck big time in all other team sports...[/quote]

and we can't help that you don't have your priorities in order :)

Cmon, I live in Slovakia, its even smaller than Sweden;
and it's no excuse, or else the US and China would own everything,
which they don't.

You put out the best team you can, period. The Slovaks
are happy with 4th, their best result in years.
Looks good for the future, better watch out[/quote]

Ye, hockey shoud def have higher prio here in Sweden :( Unfourtunately the kids today chose other sports, like floorball which is now Swedens #2 sport, it's basically hockey indoor without skates...and less physical... :cry:

Finland has the same situation, floorball is taking over. And I now it's spreading like a disease to other coutrys to. Look for yourself http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzyVx0woVYU

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:05 am

oh Smeagol, you got the right word.. disease.

but let me ask, the big crash at 1:00, is that a penalty ?
and the hair pulling, hmm, very nice, looks like something our little girls
would play :)

some transferable skills though..

Slovakia is basically down to football and hockey, most else
is individual sports.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:25 am

smeagol8 wrote:

How's your Lacrosse team making out. :lol:

No comment on the finger biting incident? 8O

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:34 am

martin14 wrote:
oh Smeagol, you got the right word.. disease.

but let me ask, the big crash at 1:00, is that a penalty ?
and the hair pulling, hmm, very nice, looks like something our little girls
would play :)

some transferable skills though..

Slovakia is basically down to football and hockey, most else
is individual sports.

"The big crash" at 1:00, well im not the expert here... :lol: but hair pulling is a part of the game, you know 8)

And yes, it is very popular amongst girls. I heard that the Checks have started playing now and even had the World Cup 2008...

Well well, seems I'm getting off topic here and my disapointement has left, prob c u here next WC, if I dont get banned :)

Alta_redneck: Finger biting accident...???

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:31 pm

smeagol8 wrote:

Well well, seems I'm getting off topic here and my disapointement has left, prob c u here next WC, if I dont get banned :)

Alta_redneck: Finger biting accident...???

Your not saying anything to get banned, just old time hockey talk going on here. :D

The finger biting wasn't an accident, it was an incident. But the way you guys have analyzed this game it doesn't surprise me you missed that.

Sweden’s day may come, we can’t win them all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Hahaha, I am sorry to inform you that the Canadian embassy in Sweden has been attacked. With ketchup. :roll: 8O 8O

Here is a link to a Swedish page, perhaps you can translate it with google translate or something

http://www.hockeyexpressen.se/Nyheter/1 ... s-ambassad

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 416 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 20  21  22  23  24  25  26 ... 28  Next