Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:36 pm
 


If our kids spend this much time in the box when they play the U.S. on New Year's eve, they will have a tough time pulling off a win - the coach needs to read them the riot act. Raddysh just earned a trip to the box for unsportman-like conduct.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:37 pm
 


Gauthier just got Canada's 10 goal of the game


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:40 pm
 


10 - 2 final for our Juniors.


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11480
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:02 pm
 


Saturday is the big day. 1st place in our group will be decided... This will be a hell of a game for sure.

You're right Mowich the penalty issue must be resolved. The US team is not one to give those opportunities to.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 20059
PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:21 pm
 


It's an early game for those of us on the best coast....

.....puck drop is at 12:30pm PT Saturday.

GO CANADA.... [flag] [flag]


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:42 pm
 


Really fantastic OT between Denmark and Switzerland - that Krog is one great little goalie. Switzerland had 52 SOGs to Denmark's 22 in the game.

And we are off to a shoot-out - Denmark is first to shoot - I really dislike games like this being decided by a shoot-out but realize their are time restraints. Danes come up with an x
Miranda scores for Switzerland; Danes are now 2 for 2 X; Swiss come up short but Danes fail on 3rd try and Switzerland wins it - really great comeback game for the Swiss. And now, Finland is out of the quarterfinals.

Oh, final score was 5 - 4 for the Swiss.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:40 pm
 


Finland fired their head coach and three of his assistants today following a Swiss win over the Danes which effectively relegated the 2016 Gold Medal Champions. They did make history though being the only team in to ever go from Gold Medal Champs to relegation the following year. Really sad ending - they were such a great team.

In other news, Latvia came up short in their game with Slovakia today - the latter will advance to the quarterfinals. They will play Russia while Latvia will play the relegation round against Finland.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 6948
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:24 pm
 


Mowich wrote:
Finland fired their head coach and three of his assistants today following a Swiss win over the Danes which effectively relegated the 2016 Gold Medal Champions. They did make history though being the only team in to ever go from Gold Medal Champs to relegation the following year. Really sad ending - they were such a great team.

In other news, Latvia came up short in their game with Slovakia today - the latter will advance to the quarterfinals. They will play Russia while Latvia will play the relegation round against Finland.


Gezzzz I haven't watched much of this, to many family around and no time. Have they said why Tom Renny resigned, that has to be one of the great hockey jobs in the world.

I'm thinking he has a job in Las Vegas.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9980
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:27 pm
 


Two goals on two breakaways from a shitty team, the guy stinks. Then again, we've all been here before the last world juniors. Semi finals, both goalies stunk.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 23126
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:56 pm
 


Mowich wrote:
Really fantastic OT between Denmark and Switzerland - that Krog is one great little goalie. Switzerland had 52 SOGs to Denmark's 22 in the game.


I've been hearing about that Nico Hischier kid for awhile now on Vancouver Canuck fansites. He keeps rising in their estimation for this year's draft and they want him.

After seeing him play, I see why.


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:28 am
 


Alta_redneck wrote:
Mowich wrote:
Finland fired their head coach and three of his assistants today following a Swiss win over the Danes which effectively relegated the 2016 Gold Medal Champions. They did make history though being the only team in to ever go from Gold Medal Champs to relegation the following year. Really sad ending - they were such a great team.

In other news, Latvia came up short in their game with Slovakia today - the latter will advance to the quarterfinals. They will play Russia while Latvia will play the relegation round against Finland.


Gezzzz I haven't watched much of this, to many family around and no time. Have they said why Tom Renny resigned, that has to be one of the great hockey jobs in the world.

I'm thinking he has a job in Las Vegas.


Renney will remain as CEO, Alta. Apparently he stepped down to 'provide more diversity' but will continue to 'set the direction' for the organization.

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/olympics/winte ... -1.3915556


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 33832
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:24 am
 


Sweden - Czechs to get warmed up. :)


2 - 0 Swedes already


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11480
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 11:39 am
 


martin14 wrote:
Sweden - Czechs to get warmed up. :)


2 - 0 Swedes already

3-0 now.

Yes a good warm up game while still in coffee mode.

Save the beer for the next game. :P


Offline
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Pittsburgh Penguins
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 1794
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:41 pm
 


Got up early and watched Team Canada beat HC Lugano 4 - 3, good game for our guys and their 2nd consecutive Spengler Cup championship.

Didn't see much of the Swedish vs Czech game as I was out shoveling snow and figured the Swedes would most certainly beat the other team.

Now I am watching pre-game show and getting excited about Team Canada vs Team USA


Attachment:
CANADA HOCKEY.jpg
CANADA HOCKEY.jpg [ 77.65 KiB | Viewed 322 times ]


Offline
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11480
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:47 pm
 


Heading out to watch the game at a local pub.

Wearing my 2006 WJ jersey for good karma!

GO CANADA!


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.