bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:51 am

I want to know what people thinks about that.

That's something that is talking for a long time. The mayor of Quebec City secretly talked with the boss of Red Bull in Vienna last week. We have a very special mayor in Quebec City. There was the Red Bull Crashed Ice, a hardcore skaters thing in the Carnaval de Québec. Some citizens were frustrated because of the noise of the event. They went to the municipality council and the mayor took a Red Bull can and showed it off on is desk. Now, there is rumors that the mayor wants to bring back the Nordiques to Quebec City.

We are talking about Hamilton and maybe Winnepeg right now. But what about the Nordiques and Quebec City ? It has been 14 years and they are still talking about bringing back the Nordiques.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 am

It's not up to the mayor unless the city is purchasing and financing the team. You still need an owner with DEEP pockets.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:06 pm

Don't think it will happen. For that matter I can't see another team in Canada period, regardless of what the people want.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:18 pm

As much as I'd like to see a "healthy" team in Québec City, I don't believe it's going to happen. It's going to be hard for any city in Canada to get a team, let alone a city that had one and lost it.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:36 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Too bad Roy turned down the Head Coaching job in Colorado. They could move the Avalanche back and then watch the city of Montreal implode :lol:

He did?? Wow I thought he'd jump all over that. 8O

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Regina Regina:
WDHIII WDHIII:
Too bad Roy turned down the Head Coaching job in Colorado. They could move the Avalanche back and then watch the city of Montreal implode :lol:

He did?? Wow I thought he'd jump all over that. 8O

Would I lie to you?

ok would I lie to you AGAIN? :wink:

Nevvvvaaaa

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:12 pm

Do they have a better and bigger arena in Quebec City now or would they still be stuck in the old Colisee? If it's the latter and there's no plans to build a new one then there's no way in hell QC'll get another NHL team.

I'd love it myself if a team went back to Quebec. The Habs/Nords rivalry during the '80's was the next best thing to the Flames/Oilers hatred. Some of the best hockey I ever watched was courtesy of the Quebecers beating the hell out of each other.

Strangely enough, the best fist-fight I ever saw in my life happened back in 1984 between a Habs fan and a Nords fan. That this occurred in a Calgary high school where it was usually all-things-Flames was quite the existential mind-fuck as you might well imagine. 8O