Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:01 pm

An Edmonton Oilers fan gives voice to the thoughts of thousands of frustrated and upset Edmonton Oilers fans.

If you care about the Oilers, please spread the word about this video:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:17 pm

City of Champignons.. [B-o]

Loser town.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:05 am

Gee, there's something I've ever never seen before. A hockey fan with an opinion. :wink:

Actually I'd feel for the guy except for one thing. He said this...

"If there's one thing I hate, it's arrogance."

There's 2 groups of people that don't ever have the right to say that - Progressives and Edmonton sports fans.

Well, at least Edmontonians went through a period where there was some justification, but doesn't matter - the hypocrisy is too blatant.

I lived in Edmonton when they actually were the city of champions. Don't be telling me you're a sports fan there and you hate arrogance. I'll die laughing.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 10:37 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
Gee, there's something I've ever never seen before. A hockey fan with an opinion. :wink:

Actually I'd feel for the guy except for one thing. He said this...

"If there's one thing I hate, it's arrogance."

There's 2 groups of people that don't ever have the right to say that - Progressives and Edmonton sports fans.

Well, at least Edmontonians went through a period where there was some justification, but doesn't matter - the hypocrisy is too blatant.

I lived in Edmonton when they actually were the city of champions. Don't be telling me you're a sports fan there and you hate arrogance. I'll die laughing.

Admittedly, this is something that grated on me reading the Edmonton Sun growing up, when columnists like Terry Jones claimed that the Oilers were the only team that didn't play a style of hockey that stifled the game, or Graham Hicks declared that Edmonton had the "greatest sports fans in the world".

But I think his bigger point still stands-namely, the sheer entitlement and arrogance of a man-namely Kevin Lowe-drunk on his own past accomplishments. I've compared Kevin Lowe to Al Bundy before, and I think the comparison is even more apt when you realize that not only is Kevin Lowe actually looking physically like Ed O'Neill, Lowe's references to his six Stanley Cup rings are a lot like Al Bundy's constantly referring to his "four touchdowns in one game".

I simply can't understand the reasoning behind keeping Lowe and MacTavish around because of "tradition" or wanting to "keep it in the family". The problem with that is when the traditional family proves incapable of producing a winning team, while more qualified candidates are overlooked and shut out of the process. It's the sheer stubbornness, denial and stupidity that rankle a lot of people, even non-Edmontonians like myself, which makes the losing even more frustrating than it would be on its own.

jj2424 jj2424:
City of Champignons.. [B-o]

Loser town.

...Why are you calling Edmonton the "City of Mushrooms"? [huh]

("Champignon" is the French word for "mushroom").

Do you know French? If so, good on you, but that still doesn't explain why you called it the City of Mushrooms.

Or are you speaking in tongues?

Or are you just off your meds again?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:39 am

JaredMilne JaredMilne:

Do you know French? If so, good on you, but that still doesn't explain why you called it the City of Mushrooms.

Yeah, cause how could there be any comparison between Edmonton and a fungus that shuns the light and grows in crap, right? [huh]

Shame on you JJ. Bad boy. :lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:35 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
JaredMilne JaredMilne:

Yeah, cause how could there be any comparison between Edmonton and a fungus that shuns the light and grows in crap, right? [huh]

Shame on you JJ. Bad boy. :lol:

I'll concede that it makes for a good analogy to Oilers management, better than it does to Edmonton itself, but what I find more shocking is that JJ actually managed to come up with something witty. 8O

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:00 pm

If you care about the Oilers, please spread the word about this video and pass the hat.

Please.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
If you care about the Oilers, please spread the word about this video and pass the hat.

Please.

Money won't help, Toronto has proven that for years, it needs more than money.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:18 pm

It takes ANGRY FANS. That's why money hasn't helped in Toronto. They're too damned polite ... like docile sheep.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Please.

I don't know if this guy has any affiliation with the "Lowe Must Go" Facebook campaign and their fundraising for advertising to build public pressure to get Kevin Lowe fired, and I certainly don't. I'm just passing this on because I think he speaks for a lot of people not just in Edmonton, but in the surrounding central Alberta communities as well.

It takes ANGRY FANS. That's why money hasn't helped in Toronto. They're too damned polite ... like docile sheep.

Well, the last sentence this guy offers in the video sounds like he's pretty pissed off.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:44 pm

JaredMilne JaredMilne:
An Edmonton Oilers fan gives voice to the thoughts of thousands of frustrated and upset Edmonton Oilers fans.

At this point, why bother? It won't make a difference, just like the Lowe Must Go campaign didn't make a difference.

https://www.facebook.com/Lowemustgo

http://www.coppernblue.com/2014/1/22/53 ... ew-heights

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:01 am

[quote="JaredMilne"]An Edmonton Oilers fan gives voice to the thoughts of thousands of frustrated and upset Edmonton Oilers fans.

No. I will not spread this.
Good day.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:10 am

Be careful!

If you say their name 3 times, you will be infected with the suck.

They are the Beetlejuice of suckage.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:14 am

peck420 peck420:
Be careful!

If you say their name 3 times, you will be infected with the suck.

They are the Beetlejuice of suckage.

And yet, it was 8 years ago they were in Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final. The last time another Canadian team was there was . . . . ?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Vegas Golden Knights
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:17 am

2011...Vancouver.