bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:38 pm

ROTFL

Looks like the Blues planet shows no signs of intelligent life after all.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:53 pm

You are so mean. R=UP

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:03 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
You are so mean. R=UP

:lol: Just calling it as I see it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 pm

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Perfect. R=UP

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:37 am

Looks a lot like Air Canada Centre to me.... :D :D :D

I'm willing to bet the Blues have had a much better record in the NHL since joining then the Laughs have had in the same period....!!!!!

The Blues first season was 1967-68....the year AFTER Army Armstrong and Gang won Lord Stanley's silverware...

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 7:59 am

stemmer stemmer:
Looks a lot like Air Canada Centre to me.... :D :D :D

I'm willing to bet the Blues have had a much better record in the NHL since joining then the Laughs have had in the same period....!!!!!

The Blues first season was 1967-68....the year AFTER Army Armstrong and Gang won Lord Stanley's silverware...

Tell you what Stemmer, I will hold you to that. I will try and dig up the leafs record since the expansion and you do the same. Post it here and we will see.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 8:42 am

No need to... the Blues have been to the finals 3 times, conference finals 6 times and in 2000 finished first overall to win the Presidents Cup...

:D :D :D :D

The big difference between the Blues and the Make Me Laughs is...the Blues know they are a NHL team while Leafs Nation members believe the Leafs are the center of the universe, Canada's salvation, Gods team on earth....

IF the Leafs win a game it makes the headlines and displaces not only other sporting news but national & international news.... The Blues realize they are only an hockey team and keep their win in perspective.... No false bravado as is the case in Leafs Nation....

I love it when there's a Leafs game on the tube, it keeps the kooks off of the net...

:D :D :D :D :D

If George 'Army' Armstrong or Davie Keon would run for Prime Minister, all Make Me Laughs fans would vote for the ex-Leaf and not the best political candidate...

'Nuff said....!!!!!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:05 am

So in other words you arent willing to put your money where your mouth is. Gotcha. Just wanted to know who I was dealing with.

And the fact that the Blues have been to the finals three times means nothing. They did it at a time where all the expansion teams, who weren't very good, were in the same conference meaning one of you were guaranteed to the make the finals. So basically they were the best of the worst teams in the league. Should I even mention the fact that the Blues got SWEPT ALL THREE TIMES? Not exactly an exemplary record when they had to go against real teams from the Original Six.

And what about all the shite season they had in between those finals and president Cup?

And if any ex-blues ran for PM they would get fewer votes then the Green Party.

BTW, just for the record the Leafs overall record since expansion excluding this season is:

W=1334
L=1413
T=384
OTL=45
Points=3097
Link

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:12 am

ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL R=UP

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:22 am

f

Last edited by Lemmy on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:27 am

Lemmy Lemmy:

On another note, it was the St. Louis Blues and their reckless spending in the 1980s that very nearly bankrupted the NHL and caused 2 strikes, but that's another matter altogether.

What??? You mean sustainable markets like every CDN franchise, NY, Philly, Chicago etc are holding up teams like St Louis and Nashville that can't even afford to keep the ice frozen? Say it aint so!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:30 am

j

Last edited by Lemmy on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:32 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
SigPig SigPig:
What??? You mean sustainable markets like every CDN franchise, NY, Philly, Chicago etc are holding up teams like St Louis and Nashville that can't even afford to keep the ice frozen? Say it aint so!

Even Canadian franchises were on the verge of bankruptcy in the late 80s/early 90s (Ottawa, Edmonton and even Montreal were RIGHT on the brink of dying). This was largely due to the inflation in players' salaries that the Blues generated with their reckless spending.

True but right now CDN franchises are among the healthiest in the league. Through revenue sharing its these teams that are keeping unprofitable ones like SL afloat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am

True but Canada lost the Jets and Nords (I'd love to have those teams back in it) and it took herculean efforts to save the sens. In addition salary caps were done largely at the need for small market teams like the Nucks, Oil, and flames.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 12:23 pm

The NHL had their CAP program (Canadian Assistance Program) to help the Canadian teams when our dollar was low...

Some years the American teams are more profitable and other years it is the Canadian teams....

$1:

The fate of Canadian teams in the NHL, which are increasingly pressured
to compete financially with American markets, is unsettling. Toronto was
the only Canadian team in 2000 that consistently played to sell-out
crowds. The NHL's Canadian Assistance Program offers aid only when teams
can demonstrate their viability, and for most teams in Canada, viability
is continually threatened by declining attendance. In 1999, Rod Bryden,
owner of the Ottawa Senators, announced that unless the federal
government was willing to offer financial support, the Senators would be
the next Canadian team sold to the US. A startling announcement in
January 2000 outlined how the federal government would offer annual aid
to Canadian hockey teams until 2004. Widespread criticism of the