Canadian Forums

Price
The Price Is Right?  42%  [ 5 ]
The Price Is Wrong?  58%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 12

Author Topic Options
 Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 4:55 pm

Is The Price Right or is The Price Wrong?

We can all agree that Carey Price had an amazing rookie season, but since than its been going down hill. Since the Montreal Canadians GM traded Jaroslav Halak to the St. Louis Blues; Price is must step up if he wants to carry the team.

Overall; he's gotten worse.

LOL @ my failed attempt to using Paint for putting a picture up :]

Attachments:
File comment: PRICE'S STATS
Untitled.png
Untitled.png [ 205.05 KiB | Viewed 32 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:46 pm

Give him time. He has all the tools to be a superior if not an all time great goalie and I'm pretty sure the Hab's know a little about goaltenders. They may have evaluated Halak and considered him a flash in the pan, or maybe he just wanted to much money to take a chance on. But we've all seen those types of goales before. Goalies like Emery, Huet and Khabibulin, great one year but they suck the next.

The biggest hurdle Price has to overcome is the expectations of the Hab fans, who, when you think about it have been spoiled by brillant goaltenders going all the way back to a guy named Vezina.

If he can win over the Habs fans early this year, he'll be fine, but, if he can't he's not going to last more than a season in that pressure cooker and it'll likely ruin his career for good.

Prime example is Jose Theodore, who they loved, and then hated.

Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Freakinoldguy wrote:
The biggest hurdle Price has to overcome is the expectations of the Hab fans.

Yup, me and a lot of people I know consider Montreal fans to be the worst fans. When their is goalie hot; he can walk on water in their eyes. But if the goalie is bad the next game; they shun him. They have the worst sportsmanship; they boo'ed Boston's American anthem in the playoffs. (I've never seen another team boo the other teams anthem before.)

Don't get me wrong, they have great history. But in resent years they've been the meanest crowd.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:36 pm

If they trade Price he'll probably win a Cup somewhere else. If he stays a Hab he'll probably end up retiring before he's 27 from all the stress. A psychotically hostile home crowd that's chosen to focus all their hate onto one of their own players is probably one of the most evil things to ever occur in any professional sport.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:57 pm

On the other hand, great players are litteraly Gods here. Cammalleri and Gionta are revered by the fans.

People here know what Price is capable of, but what piss some dudes off is when he don't play like he sould play.

Fans won't expect Hal Gill to play like Raymond Bourque, but he's a fan favorite, because in the playoff, last year, he played each game like his life was on the line. We love hard workers, dudes who will play the puck at the best of their abilities.

Last years, Price, in interviews, blamed on some occasions his own partners, because one loss the puck and shit. His shitty attitude he showed last year, combine with him don't meeting the hope and the expectations of the fans are why he got boo-ed.

Also, we don't have a lot of patience for loosers (we are no Toronto, after all) and we think that with the price we pay or tickey, damnit, they have to win.

That said, I still have a lot of hope with Price, he's young, he's talented, he has the shape, and if Spacek can stop sucking, he'll be fine.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:50 am

Bouboumaster wrote:
On the other hand, great players are litteraly Gods here. Cammalleri and Gionta are revered by the fans.

People here know what Price is capable of, but what piss some dudes off is when he don't play like he sould play.

Fans won't expect Hal Gill to play like Raymond Bourque, but he's a fan favorite, because in the playoff, last year, he played each game like his life was on the line. We love hard workers, dudes who will play the puck at the best of their abilities.

Last years, Price, in interviews, blamed on some occasions his own partners, because one loss the puck and shit. His shitty attitude he showed last year, combine with him don't meeting the hope and the expectations of the fans are why he got boo-ed.

Also, we don't have a lot of patience for loosers (we are no Toronto, after all) and we think that with the price we pay or tickey, damnit, they have to win.

That said, I still have a lot of hope with Price, he's young, he's talented, he has the shape, and if Spacek can stop sucking, he'll be fine.

Currently, Price play like he never played before, and he's around the "Messia" status with the fans. He's probably the most beloved man in the province.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:53 am

I'm sorry but you guys losing Halak was a fuckin disaster... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:56 am

Johnny_H wrote:
I'm sorry but you guys losing Halak was a fuckin disaster... WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?

Price is bigger, taller, younger, with a better background. Halak was in fire, but maybe he's just a "Ray Emery".

Price was the safer bet. And currently, he plays pretty well.

Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:00 pm

To be honest, I'm pretty ignorant to hockey in the regular season. All I know is Halak played his ass off for you guys in the play offs last season and I thought him becoming the permanent goalie was a forgone conclusion.

So naturally I was shocked when he was traded. Like I said I'm a casual hockey fan at best so anything I say isn't really all that informed with regards to the NHL.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:05 pm

CKA_Patriot wrote:
Freakinoldguy wrote:
The biggest hurdle Price has to overcome is the expectations of the Hab fans.

Yup, me and a lot of people I know consider Montreal fans to be the worst fans. When their is goalie hot; he can walk on water in their eyes. But if the goalie is bad the next game; they shun him. They have the worst sportsmanship; they boo'ed Boston's American anthem in the playoffs. (I've never seen another team boo the other teams anthem before.)

Meh, I've seen the Islander fans boo our national anthem a few times in the 80's.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 pm

Montreal is a real pressure cooker, prolly one of the hottest places in the NHL.

Fans are pissed off because many of them remember the good old days,

before Montreal became 'just another team'; I certainly do.

Life was good 71 - 74 and 76 - 80

So they put the screws on anyone not pulling 150%, and lots on the goalies.

Look at the list over the ages:

Vezina
Durnan
Worsley
Plante
Dryden
Roy

Thats a very impressive list.

If I was the coach of the Habs, I'd want an old steady hand in there.

Montreal burns out wunderkids.. very quickly.

And CKA Patriot, the hatred between Montreal and Boston is something
special for Habs fans. ;-)

That's a very looooooooooooong train.

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:49 pm

Price just destroyed the Flyers all by himself.

Tampa Bay Lightning
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:14 pm

I must say I'm impressed with Price's recent performance. 3 shutouts in 7 games isn't it?

Quote:

I know its special lol

All my mom does when they play each other is swear like a sailor when Boston doesn't win lol

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:52 am

CKA_Patriot wrote:
I must say I'm impressed with Price's recent performance. 3 shutouts in 7 games isn't it?

Quote:

I know its special lol

All my mom does when they play each other is swear like a sailor when Boston doesn't win lol

hmmmm, she must get a lot of practise at it then. ;)

Forum Junkie
Forum Junkie
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:40 am

I was pissed about the Halak trade too... but Price is proving me wrong so far.

I don't for one second think that Halak is a flash-in-the-pan goalie though. His numbers in the playoffs last year are consistant with his career numbers... and he's still quite young by NHL goalie standards.