Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:13 pm

snookums wrote:
WDHIII wrote:
But he made that statement BEFORE he'd seen a replay - OR yur frame by frame. :wink:

Have to say that to ME it looks like he was just extending his arm AFTER the hit BUT like you said...

Ya see what ya see.

Agreed tho - pretty C/S to be runnin guys when yur wearing a cage :?

Actually, he made the statement the next day ;) I'm just glad he didn't go all Pat Quinnest or Tuckerest.

The league saw the hit as being clean, and Alfie doesn't seem to be pissed off, so it's all fine and dandy :wink:

And I think Fisher would have clocked Bell even with his cage - problem is, Bell took him out before the Alfie hit :?

And please explain to me why Tucker was allowed to threaten Heatley's knees with no consequences? Neil did kinda the same thing (threaten to punch him) to some Montreal player and he got a 10 minute misconduct for it. Anyway, who cares, it's just the Leafs ;)
yea but heatley and tucker were both jawing at eachother in the box so you cant do anything about it

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:23 pm

WDHIII wrote:
Well I dont know if yur watchin the Leafs/Habs game but Bell just attempted to take someone out and missed.... limped to the bench and I havent seen him back on the ice since. (ok edit - hes back on now :? )

What was it you said about Karma? :wink:

As for Alfies comment I was going on a clip I saw on TSN earlier where he said he hadnt seen the clip.

The day after this happened I mentioned Kevin Lowe classic throat slashing sign he made to Jamie McCoun years ago during one heated battle of Alberta. Lowe wasnt penalized but I remember the league having a little chat with him afterwards.

My what a classy guy :wink:

Who was the player Bell tried to take out? If it's Lapierre or Kovalev, meh, too bad he missed ;) Just kidding - I think if you take someone out on a good clean hit, it's OK. It's the head shots and dirty crap I can't stand.

Sorry about the Alfie's comments - I thought he did see them :)

Yeah, I saw you posted about Lowe. I never saw that gesture, but good thing he got a call from the league. Didn't Tucker do the same thing once? I feel you have so unresolved feelings about Kevin Lowe :twisted:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:26 pm

WDHIII wrote:
Sports_Master2008 wrote:

ya but what do you want him to do not hit him like its stupid

Well considering Bells past couple of years thats KINDA what I would expect from him :wink:

:lol: :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:39 am

WDHIII wrote:

As for Alfies comment I was going on a clip I saw on TSN earlier where he said he hadnt seen the clip.

The day after this happened I mentioned Kevin Lowe classic throat slashing sign he made to Jamie McCoun years ago during one heated battle of Alberta. Lowe wasnt penalized but I remember the league having a little chat with him afterwards.

My what a classy guy :wink:

Yeah, that rates right up there with Doug Risebrough shredding McSorley’s
sweater in the penalty box with his skates. Lots of class acts on both sides in those days.:lol:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:30 am

It was clean, and that is not just because I am a LEafs fan.

If you look at the replay it looks like Alfie actualy hit his head on the ice after his helmet came off. Other than that it was a clean shoulder to shoulder, no elbow as some have suggested, and not late at all.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 1:58 am

It looked just fine to me

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:57 am

to the one showing the frame by frame and said bells elbow was "up", that's how you hit, you put your shoulder down and follow through by lifting your arm. He never elbowed him he simply finished a hit.

that's what they teach you anyways, just because his elbow is "up" after the fact doesn't mean he was elbowing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:46 am

camerontech wrote:
to the one showing the frame by frame and said bells elbow was "up", that's how you hit, you put your shoulder down and follow through by lifting your arm. He never elbowed him he simply finished a hit.

that's what they teach you anyways, just because his elbow is "up" after the fact doesn't mean he was elbowing
exactly his eblow wouldve already been up if that was the case