CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:07 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports-content/hockey ... 2441373579

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:25 pm

Very scary. But it looks like he's ok for now. Whether he'll play again is another matter. Something like this happened a few years ago in England. A player's heart stopped during the game and he had to be revived on the field. He never played again.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:08 am

My opinion on the whole matter.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:22 am

[B-o] ....it`s our sport

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:27 am

Not unusual for hockey players. Think I posted about it at the time a few years ago. Was playing at lunch one day when one of the guys collapsed about 5 minutes into the skate. He was ex-university and semi pro player around 60 years old and in excellent shape. Fortunately we skate with an ER nurse and a few firemen who jumped into action and started CPR. They had just installed the Defib unit at the rink only weeks before and we put them to use. I carry a knife in my bag for just such uses and within a minute his jersey was spilt down the middle and shortly after that the electrodes were on. They hit him with the charge and he came around right away. After about 15 seconds he he tries to get up and says..........get me to the bench.....I just lost my breath. Ummmmmm.....NO the ambulance is on the way, so do you want us to take your skates off now or them to cut them off later?
Funny after but terrifying at the time. Hockey players are a different breed......and yes we kept playing. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:36 am

QBall wrote:
My opinion on the whole matter.

Beat me too it. I was going to post the exact same pic. XD

[B-o] [B-o] [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:41 am

Must be a picture of 2-3 guys walking off the field holding a pitcher's hand when he gets a blister too. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:48 am

Regina wrote:
Not unusual for hockey players. Think I posted about it at the time a few years ago. Was playing at lunch one day when one of the guys collapsed about 5 minutes into the skate. He was ex-university and semi pro player around 60 years old and in excellent shape. Fortunately we skate with an ER nurse and a few firemen who jumped into action and started CPR. They had just installed the Defib unit at the rink only weeks before and we put them to use. I carry a knife in my bag for just such uses and within a minute his jersey was spilt down the middle and shortly after that the electrodes were on. They hit him with the charge and he came around right away. After about 15 seconds he he tries to get up and says..........get me to the bench.....I just lost my breath. Ummmmmm.....NO the ambulance is on the way, so do you want us to take your skates off now or them to cut them off later?
Funny after but terrifying at the time. Hockey players are a different breed......and yes we kept playing. :lol:

My Gr 8 teacher dropped dead on the ice after saying he felt a little winded...33 yrs old 8O with a baby on the way. He`d always been in great shape and was the PE teacher as well...mind you he did smoke

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:05 am

Why hockey is the best

Attachments:
File comment: Hockey rules
why-hockey-players-are-the-toughest-athletes.jpeg
why-hockey-players-are-the-toughest-athletes.jpeg [ 65.59 KiB | Viewed 146 times ]
Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:12 am

ShepherdsDog wrote:

My Gr 8 teacher dropped dead on the ice after saying he felt a little winded...33 yrs old 8O with a baby on the way. He`d always been in great shape and was the PE teacher as well...mind you he did smoke

8O 8O This guy was a teacher too! I had him for grade 9 math........best 4 years of ummmmm..... never mind. :oops:
:lol: