CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:55 am

med_pat19 wrote:
raydan wrote:
The Maple Leafs are gonna win in 7!!!

:oops: sorry, wrong century (or dimension, or alternate universe). :wink:

Flames in 6.

What is the obsession Montreal fans have with Toronto? Completely unrelated topic and you've got to take a jab. From whence does this insecurity stem? Are you a little jealous of how awesome The Leafs are? Or are you intimidated by Leafs fans in general and the heart we have to support our team through thick and thin? Ahh but alas, it takes a big person to admit their faults, and being a fan of Montreal, you likely do not possess the qualities necessary. Your insecurities prevent you from admitting when you are wrong. For it truly takes a small, small person of weak character to kick a man (or team) while they're down. You were most likely that little shit in elementary school that everyone hated who would hit someone from behind in the playground, and when it came time for you to defend yourself, you hid behind your older sibling, perhaps even a teacher. But you know what, I'm not mad, not even upset. I pity you. Pity you indeed, for having to sink so low to boost your self-esteem. I hope for your sake one day you will realize that LEAFS RULE!!! :rock: :rock: :rock:

That is the funniest thing I've read in a long time. ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:09 am

Bush league. Pure bush league.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:29 pm

Go Flames, I want to see the Canucks eliminate you!!

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:32 pm

sandorski wrote:
Go Flames, I want to see the Canucks eliminate you!!

that would be a fantastic west final

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:43 pm

med_pat19 wrote:
Flames take it 4-2 tonight. Iginla, conroy, aucoin, and dare i say it, Jokinen are the scorers?

2-0 flames, iginla and aucoin have scored. i like it!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 6:52 pm

So far...Queue Flames sit back and hope for the best third period.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:33 pm

[B-o]

all tied up ..brand new game :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:42 pm

3-2 Chicago.....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:46 pm

Guess I was early on the break down.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:31 pm

Flames haven't won a critical game all year long. They couldn't hold onto a lead or win back-to-backs if their lives depended on it. Sad to have to do it but I'll be the pessimist and call Chicago in four straight.

And hopefully the coach-firng cycle occurs sooner this time rather than later. Maybe they'll find someone next time who thinks that playing your backup goalie more than nine times in an 82 game season and giving your headliner a better rest really isn't such a stupid idea.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:01 pm

Darrel Sutter did that too, then Playfair etc. Flames need a decent backup and a tandem like Huet and Khabibulin doens't hurt either. Goaltending aside, the Flames need to play consistant hockey, not 20 min of play and wait it out with thumbs up their asses.

Funny now they address the PP issue of getting guys to the net for one goal, after that? Nah, we don't want to do that anymore for the next PPs.

Defending is attrocious, netminding suspect, give-aways galore and Olli Joker needs to do something. Langkow anybody? Last time I checked, he was a 30 goal scorer wasn't he?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:10 pm

I can't believe that they let Marty Gerber wither on the waiver vine and let the Leafs pick him up first. All Gerber needed was a change of scenery with a playoff bound team and he probably would have jumped at a chance to be a reliable backup to Kipper.

Their biggest problem, as usual, is that they have no heart and they're going to get thumped by a young and hungry team that's bursting a the seams with energy. Off-season probably just won't include an overdue coach-firing but also a major trade of some big names. It won't be as bad as the endless Leaf-style rebuilding but it'll still be major transition time for the next season. In the end it'll be worth missing the playoffs next year if the following seasons result in a team that actually appears to give half a damn about winning.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 6:38 am

Thanos wrote:
Sad to have to do it but I'll be the pessimist and call Chicago in four straight.

I find that’s a desperation statement from a Flames fan trying harder than his team is playing, to put the old curse on the Hawks. [B-o]

Thanos wrote:
Their biggest problem, as usual, is that they have no heart and they're going to get thumped by a young and hungry team that's bursting a the seams with energy.

Have you noticed that Flames have no heart, dedication or commitment to play for their Country. ( other than the Olympics ) They do in their rookie year if their eliminated early, once they become stars, well that's another story.

This lack of commitment could very well tell a lot about whats wrong with the Flames.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:06 am

Alta_redneck wrote:

Have you noticed that Flames have no heart, dedication or commitment to play for their Country. ( other than the Olympics ) They do in their rookie year if their eliminated early, once they become stars, well that's another story.

This lack of commitment could very well tell a lot about whats wrong with the Flames.

precisely! and not just for the Olympics they've been like that since the early nineties. Get the big paychecque and ride it out till it's time to retire.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:56 am

I hope you guys arent referring to Iginla. He plays so hard every night. without him 5th place would be far far away.

Flames have had trouble winning on the road all year. Lets see what happens after keenan puts his foot in their asses and theyre playing in the dome.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 8  Next