Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:10 am

Iginla had a -2 rating during the regular season, Gretzky could get away with that, not Iginla.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 11:30 am

med_pat19 wrote:
I hope you guys arent referring to Iginla. He plays so hard every night. without him 5th place would be far far away.

You mean the, “sorry, I can’t play for my Country at the Worlds, because I’m going to get my tonsils out Iginla “ Yeah that would be the one. J-Rome has only gone once in his career.

Then there’s Phaneuf, 2 years ago he played the, “ I’m to banged up card to go over there, “ and a week later someone kicked him in the ass and he finally showed up. Last year he said the same thing and then someone got pictures of him frolicking out in the surf, off of Hawaii with his sweet heart. Sure that was a tough choice, but then again Hockey Canada would of paid for her trip over there.

You don’t thing Ryan Smyth played hard all the time to try and make the playoffs or last longer than the first round with the Oilers? But he went every time he was asked.

If these type of players think their to good, and just want to be an Olympian, then I’d like to see them stay home full time.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 9:49 pm

flames take their first game at home! Man the sea of red looks great eh :)
one day i WILL be in that crowd. :rock:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:53 pm

They played well. If they can Win this series, the Canucks will be well rested to take them on(if they meet them next round.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:00 pm

Alta_redneck wrote:
You mean the, “sorry, I can’t play for my Country at the Worlds, because I’m going to get my tonsils out Iginla “ Yeah that would be the one. J-Rome has only gone once in his career.

I guess you have the wrong Iginla. He played in the 94 nations cup, then the 96 world Juniors, then the 97 worlds, 2002 Olympics, 2004 world cup, 2006 Olympics, Flames were in the playoffs since then but yeah, he's too good to play for his country.
Quote:
Then there’s Phaneuf, 2 years ago he played the, “ I’m to banged up card to go over there, “ and a week later someone kicked him in the ass and he finally showed up. Last year he said the same thing and then someone got pictures of him frolicking out in the surf, off of Hawaii with his sweet heart. Sure that was a tough choice, but then again Hockey Canada would of paid for her trip over there.

There are better defenceman than Phaneuf and I don't blame him. Elisha Cuthbert in a bikini or sweaty meat fest. Tough decision.
Quote:
You don’t thing Ryan Smyth played hard all the time to try and make the playoffs or last longer than the first round with the Oilers? But he went every time he was asked.

Where is he now? Injured? for the past two years? The difference here is the Oilers didn't make the playoffs back then so who better than the former Captain Canada? Well, Shane Doan replaced him and he is way better than Smyth.
Quote:
If these type of players think their to good, and just want to be an Olympian, then I’d like to see them stay home full time.

Yah. Living in California or Florida must be tough for those mutli-millionaires who don't play for their country. They don't want to play after a grueling 82 game plus playoff season, they must be too good. Then again, some of those players aren't even invited....

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:43 am

Tman1 wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:

I guess you have the wrong Iginla. He played in the 94 nations cup, then the 96 world Juniors, then the 97 worlds, 2002 Olympics, 2004 world cup, 2006 Olympics, Flames were in the playoffs since then but yeah, he's too good to play for his country.
Quote:

There are better defenceman than Phaneuf and I don't blame him. Elisha Cuthbert in a bikini or sweaty meat fest. Tough decision.
Quote:

Where is he now? Injured? for the past two years? The difference here is the Oilers didn't make the playoffs back then so who better than the former Captain Canada? Well, Shane Doan replaced him and he is way better than Smyth.
Quote:

Yah. Living in California or Florida must be tough for those mutli-millionaires who don't play for their country. They don't want to play after a grueling 82 game plus playoff season, they must be too good. Then again, some of those players aren't even invited....

well done sir [B-o] [B-o]

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:45 am

i keep hearing that the hawks are really giving it to Iginla and the commentators are surprised at whats being said to a star player like him. I wonder what theyre saying. Anyone go to the games that is close enough to hear it?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:50 am

med_pat19 wrote:
i keep hearing that the hawks are really giving it to Iginla and the commentators are surprised at whats being said to a star player like him. I wonder what theyre saying. Anyone go to the games that is close enough to hear it?

We need Regina for this question....I am sure he might know something :wink:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:57 am

I probably wouldn't hear anything till summer but I bet it's just a generic "chirping" he's getting, possibly about someone else on his team.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:49 am

Tman1 wrote:
Alta_redneck wrote:

Yep were talking about the same one, if you would have read back a page or 2 you’d see I’m talking only World Championships. And your right, 97 was the only time he went to them. That’s 12 years. I know you’ll correct me if I’m wrong, ( i don't don't go into the Flames website just incase I get something on me ) but hasn’t Calgary only made pass the first round once in all those years.

Alta_redneck wrote:
Then there’s Phaneuf, 2 years ago he played the, “ I’m to banged up card to go over there, “ and a week later someone kicked him in the ass and he finally showed up. Last year he said the same thing and then someone got pictures of him frolicking out in the surf, off of Hawaii with his sweet heart. Sure that was a tough choice, but then again Hockey Canada would of paid for her trip over there
Tman1 wrote:

I see we agree here, “tough choice / Tough decision.” And it looks like we both agree that he’s over rated. I need to correct myself, this happened last year when the worlds were played in Canada for the first time. Fact is he was asked to go, and he got caught banging a bag of bones instead of body's. I’m sure the fine people of NS would say they could have had just as good of time in Halifax as they would have had in Hawaii.

Alta_redneck wrote:

Tman1 wrote:

Yep, he broke his hand in the last week of the season this year. 2 years ago he spent the last 2 months of the season away form his family in Long Island, do you think that might have had something to do with it? Last year he went to the second round with the Avs. Your forgetting all those consecutive years Edmonton played Dallas in the first round. And yeah I like Shane Doan too, who’s better of the 2? That can be debated for a long time.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:45 am

Regina wrote:
I probably wouldn't hear anything till summer but I bet it's just a generic "chirping" he's getting, possibly about someone else on his team.

according to that dumbass pierre mcguire hes getting worse than normal chirping and more than hes ever heard for someone like him. perhaps if i send an email to that jackass myself hell tell me whats been said haha...not likely :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:54 am

Mcguire is an idiot...i would sacrifice a delay of game penalty just to watch a puck fly of his cue ball head

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:58 am

TattoodGirl wrote:
Mcguire is an idiot...i would sacrifice a delay of game penalty just to watch a puck fly of his cue ball head

Thanks for the giggle, but it is extremely unlikely that any puck could fit by the head of Bob "Fathead" Mackenzie in order to bounce off McGuire's noggin.

As a Canucks fan, I don't know which I wnat more--douse a fiery young Chicago team or spank the Flames once again.

Last edited by Zipperfish on Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:01 am

Zipperfish wrote:
TattoodGirl wrote:

Thanks for the giggle, but it is extremely unlikely that any puck could fit by the head of Bob "Fathead" Mackenzie in order to bounce off McGuire's noggin.

As a Canucks fan, I don't know which I wnat more--douse a fiery young Chicago team or spane the Flames once again.

:lol: Tru Dat!!!

Well I do have a buddy in town from the windy city and I would love to see him cry every game night...just because I am a cold and callous bitch during the playoffs :twisted:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:09 am

Regina wrote:

He sure got mad about something last night, he spent part of the TV timeout chirping back at the Hawk's bench.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next