Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:16 am

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=265548& ... Story_main

Quote:
Craig Hartsburg was fired as head coach of the Ottawa Senators on Sunday night, only 48 games into his first season behind the team's bench.
The final straw for Hartsburg might have been Sunday's 7-4 loss to the Washington Capitals. After the game, Hartsburg called his team out for not playing hard.

No surprise really except that the GM should have went first.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:27 am

[bash] [bash]

For crying out loud, Murray should be dealing with whatever is rotten in the dressing room, not firing the coach. Clearly, the problem is something (someone would probably be more accurate) in the dressing room - I didn't always agree with Hartsburg's decisions, especially on how he dealt with some spoiled little brat on the team, but he made more sense than Paddock. Now Ottawa will be known as the coach killer team :roll:

And PLEASE, don't let the new coach be Quinn - that would give me nightmares for years 8O 8O

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:32 am

WHAT THE FUCK MURRAY????????????

Firing Hartsburg and hiring the Sens farm team coach? Holy shit, he hasn't learned ANYTHING, has he? Unbelievable.... Another coach with no NHL experience that won't hold ANYONE accountable..

[rtfm] [rtfm]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:02 am

snookums wrote:
WHAT THE FUCK MURRAY????????????

Firing Hartsburg and hiring the Sens farm team coach? Holy shit, he hasn't learned ANYTHING, has he? Unbelievable.... Another coach with no NHL experience that won't hold ANYONE accountable..

[rtfm] [rtfm]

I think you want Quinn now!!!!!

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:11 am

degenerasian wrote:

I think you want Quinn now!!!!!

I don't think so - there's just something about Quinn and some things he said in the past (especially when it comes to Alfie) that I really don't think he would be a good fit in Ottawa.

I really wanted Burns before Hartsburg was hired.. Too late now :cry:

And Clouston doesn't believe in benching players??????? Are you KIDDING me??????? Being a healthy scratch/being benched might be the humility that some so desperately need ... Great [bash]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 10:49 am

I think Murray would have traded someone, but their stock right now is worth as much as Nortel's...he be lucky to get a bag of pucks and some stick tape for those bums right now.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:17 am

bootlegga wrote:
I think Murray would have traded someone, but their stock right now is worth as much as Nortel's...he be lucky to get a bag of pucks and some stick tape for those bums right now.

Murray mentioned during the press conference that he had been considering many players to trade for a long time, but there are no partners. But Murray wants to make changes - should be an interesting next few weeks..

All I want from Clouster now is some kind of consistency in how the players are rewarded/punished for their play. I want him to separate Heatley and Spezza PERMANENTLY. Heatley has shown signs of brilliance on the second PP unit - Heatley without Spezza is such a better player.

I want the RIGHT players to be held accountable - not making Donovan or McAmmond a healthy scratch for some stupid reason (which most couldn't figure out!) while SOME could get away with murder with no consequences (I'm looking at you Fisher and Spezza). But then, we all heard the accountability crap when Hartsburg was hired - we saw where that went :roll:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:31 pm

Oh, another hockey team management doing the knew jerk reaction of firing a coach. 43 games total as coach, and they fire him? Stupid. That team has had an attitude problem for a couple years. I thought the main problem was Emery, but clearly there are far more problems there than just one player. They never gave Hartsburg the chance to fix anything, they just listened to the moronic hockey media again.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:14 am

bootlegga wrote:

The likes of alfredson healty and spezza still do have value.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:35 am

A new coach didn't help. Boston 4 Ottawa 3. I'm almost getting tired of watching Boston win almost every night!