canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:56 am

I have not been around much lately, so I have failed to pass this on, but I was in Phoenix last month and just happened to be there while the Canucks were in town, my buddy and I went down to the rink (it's way the hell outside of downtown, so all you in Ottawa who wine about Scotia Bank Place being far away can't shut the Hell up already this was a trip and a half)
we knew there would be no prob getting tickets, though at the time we did not realize how right we were. If you are a teacher, student or in the Military, they discount whatever is not sold one hour before the game and sell them to you with proof of your job/or school.

So we get up to the window thinking we are gonna spend 60 bucks or so. NOPE, 20 dollars each, right on the glass front row, at the blue line across from the canucks bench. All lower bowl tix are 20, upper bowl 10. I could not believe it!!

So if you are ever rolling through Phoenix, drop in, pretty decent bar scene right outside hte rink (ride the mechanical Bull)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:07 am

thanks Pen, those are decent prices !

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:21 am

Thanks Pen!!!...actually flight from Vancouver, dinner and game and flight back would be cheaper than going to a game in Vancouver.

Thats fantastic!!! [B-o]

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:37 am

TattoodGirl wrote:
Thanks Pen!!!...actually flight from Vancouver, dinner and game and flight back would be cheaper than going to a game in Vancouver.

Thats fantastic!!! [B-o]

Same thing if you went to see Tampa play as well. If the Leafs played more games there I'd save a fortune. :lol:

CKA Elite
CKA Elite

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am

There was a PILE of canuck fans in there

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:46 am

Regina wrote:
TattoodGirl wrote:

Thats fantastic!!! [B-o]

Same thing if you went to see Tampa play as well. If the Leafs played more games there I'd save a fortune. :lol:

:lol: :lol: No doubt...I think you should buy a place there for that very reason...I dont mind taking care of it...lets say when the Nucks are in town or just the whole season :lol:

I saw a Panthers game for about 15 dollars the last time I was in Miami.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:49 am

PENATRATOR wrote:
There was a PILE of canuck fans in there

Its cheap for us to fly to Pheonix and we like to golf there...we cant golf all year round here maybe only 11 months out of the year :P

We were having a convo after a game awhile back and myself and some of the guys from my team were thinking of buying a place there...for games and golfing.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:59 am

That's amazing! Tickets in Canada are so expensive. We get abused for liking hockey too much :(

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 St. Louis Blues
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 3:14 pm

I wonder if the Coyotes are going to stay in Phoenix... Phoenix does have some hockey history with the old Roadrunners who played in the CHL (or was it WHL) and later the WHA.... I think there was an IHL team with the Roardruners name when the Jets relocated there so had to use Coyotes instead of Roadrunners....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 4:37 pm

I may just have to visit Phoenix. :P

And hey, Scotiabank Place IS far! How far are we talking here for Phoenix's arena? :P

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Chicogo Blackhawks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:47 pm

I saw a black hawks game for $5 :P

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:54 pm

TattoodGirl wrote:

Thats fantastic!!! [B-o]

That's probably not even an exaggeration.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:34 pm

RUEZ wrote:
TattoodGirl wrote:

Thats fantastic!!! [B-o]

That's probably not even an exaggeration.

Nope it isnt...I priced it out...how freakin pathetic is that?

on a side note thats why all the pubs, around here, are giving away packages to Phoenix to see a Nucks game...flight game and hotel plus dinner....good winnings :D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:11 pm

The Jobing.com isn't in Phoenix at all, it's in Glendale.

In Columbus, you can get season tickets for 15 bucks a game. Not even nosebleed seats. Plus, and I've been there, there's not a bad seat in the house, they have probably the best arena in the league.

I want to live somewhere where you can go out that night and think, "Hmm... do I want to see a movie tonight, or a professional hockey game..."