bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:44 pm

Gunplumber got me thinking..............

Every year, Ottawa has a great season, but in the playoffs, they choke......Will It happen again this year, or will things be different?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 11:40 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:

ooohhhh, scarrrey kiddies,... rrrreallly scarrrreeey!

$1:
Every year, Ottawa has a great season,

There's really no comparison between this year's Senators and past incarnations. They are just dominant at every position. As it looks right now, Ottawa could be playing Atlanta, Montreal or >gasp< Toronto in the first round. No contest! Ottawa could start Emery against any of those three and still sweep their round 1 opponent. And if Hasek is ready, WILLING and able,... fuhgedaboutit.

$1:
but in the playoffs, they choke......Will It happen again this year, or will things be different?

I think the big upset in the East will be Carolina. They're looking good for the same reason as Detroit. I mean for chrissakes, there's 20 points between 1st and 2nd in the Southeast Division. If Edmonton or Vancouver were playing in that division, they'd have a lock on the President's Cup already. The Cane's best hope is meeting Tampa in the opening series,... I could see them winning in 6. If the matchup is against Philly or Joisey, them Caroliners best be reserving tee times!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:36 pm

$1:
Every year, Ottawa has a great season, but in the playoffs, they choke......Will It happen again this year, or will things be different?

They will last longer than the Leafs! :lol:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Even IF the leafs make the playoffs, it seems that they've gotten over their shaky knees when they play TO. Given their history, I can't predict how far they will go. Sure, they usually choke but that's against TO. I'm anxious start the playoffs becuase I'm sick and tired of only being able to watch the Pens play.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:42 pm

I suspect they'll make it to the conference finals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:42 pm

We did a few years ago, but New Jersey shut us down in game seven. :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:04 pm

Arctic_Menace Arctic_Menace:

Excuse me...you must be mistaken...Toronto carrys that distinction and Vancouver...leave Ottawa out of it...this is their first year that will show the non-believers that Ottawa did have a great team from the beginning of the season...and if they choke again...we'll blame Toronto :lol:

Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:45 pm

judging by Hasek's injury and how thy've been playing latley pretty damn early...

then again they face either Atlanta, Habs or uhh tampa i think it was

so maybe i dont know lets hope hasek will get better

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:48 pm

I agree. This mentality is not needed going into the playoffs and they had better get their heads on straight. No more "ahhh were injured" excuse, Havlats back and all they need is Hasek.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:53 pm

Nothing is ever written in stone. Many teams who were pre-playoff dominatnt teams suddenly became post fodder. Remember the west a few ticks ago?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:58 pm

ottawa may make it past the first round but they won't make it much further with just ray emery in net. they're not playing like a stanley cup team and I can think of 5 other teams that can beat ottawa without a problem

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:00 pm

Well regardless, any team that doesn't "try" and do their best at the end of the playoffs doesn't exactly have the guts to make it to the finals like the Flames...damn gut effort during the last games before the playoffs gave the Flames an edge.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Ottawa Senators

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:01 pm

as can I. If we face Montreal, Philly, Atlanta or Buffalo, we could be in some serious trouble.....

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 7:29 pm

They are going to win the cup.

Yes they will, yes they will.

(Chocke damnit choke....)

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:39 am

hmm going to be 3-2 next game series shifting back to Ottawa.....