canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:52 pm

There was a Storm Surge in Grande Prairie tonight!

The Storm took on the Olds Grizzles tonight at the Canada Games Arena and it was a wild affair. With 5 fights in the first 15 minutes and I believe 9 or 10 fights in total tonight, it was a wonder any hockey got played. After all was said and done, the local boys crushed the Grizzles 7-2.

I took a quick video to show the spirit of junior hockey. After every Storm goal is announced, they "Woohoo" for every goal scored. Fourth Storm goal of the night, four Woohoo's...it's hilarious just how many people Woohoo, me included... :lol:

I also took some pictures. Canuck fans should recognize a name from the Storm lineup, a son of a former Canuck is a big part of the Storm this season..pick out the name... :wink:

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:56 pm

Yep - damn near had a hockey game break out during that 20 minute fight between the 1st and 3rd periods. :lol:

And you really are becoming quite the "WooHoo-er" ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 11:08 pm

Maybe when the Storm come down to play in Olds, I'll have to go down and get some pics to add to the thread. The stress is already on me to try and match those are great shot Q.

QBC wrote:

I also took some pictures. Canuck fans should recognize a name from the Storm lineup, a son of a former Canuck is a big part of the Storm this season..pick out the name... :wink:

And come Nuck fans don't let an Oiler fan answer the trivia question.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 am

Alta_redneck wrote:
Maybe when the Storm come down to play in Olds, I'll have to go down and get some pics to add to the thread. The stress is already on me to try and match those are great shot Q.

QBC wrote:

And come Nuck fans don't let an Oiler fan answer the trivia question.

Thanx AR.....I hope you do go to the game and take some shots, maybe the only way I get to see the Storm in their blue jerseys... :lol: (But then again, you should be going to all the games and taking pics for us...just a thought, just a thought... :wink: )

This is a vid taken by someone else at the game, it was posted on the Storm website.

Yeah, not exactly a tough trivia question... :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:16 am

QBC wrote:

Thanx AR.....I hope you do go to the game and take some shots, maybe the only way I get to see the Storm in their blue jerseys... :lol: (But then again, you should be going to all the games and taking pics for us...just a thought, just a thought... :wink: )

This is a vid taken by someone else at the game, it was posted on the Storm website.

Yeah, not exactly a tough trivia question... :wink:

Well I don't live there, but it's not to far away. Not sure if that's a good reason for not going. But I've already done a 4 year tour of the league, thats what happens when your related to an all Canadian hockey dad. I think our most travelled year was around 12000 miles in road trips. Seen a lot of bad roads in those days.

Olds always had a few hot farm girls from the collage working at the games, they use to be worth the price of admission themselves. Well almost. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:49 pm

Image.....4.....Image.....1

6 Game Winning Streak for the STORM!!!Image

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey, the Storm are in Olds Dec. 18, already got the date circled on the calender. :D

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:30 am

QBC wrote:
Canuck fans should recognize a name from the Storm lineup, a son of a former Canuck is a big part of the Storm this season..pick out the name...

Doug Lister.....former Canucks captain who set the club record for points by a defenseman in a single season (63), played for the Canucks from 1983 through 1993, before finishing up his career with the New York Rangers and Dallas Stars. He also did two stints with the Canadian National Team, where he played 66 games in the 1983-84 season, and then another 38 in 1998-99. Over these 104 games, he scored 47 points in international competition. Lidster has signed on to coach the Canadian women’s Olympic hockey team at the 2010 games in Vancouver. :)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:13 am

I hear that game could be a pretty wild affair too in Olds. It seems the Storm goalie used to play for Olds a couple years back and there is a lot of bad blood there. Lots of trash talk before the game here was a magor reason for the numerous fights, could be interesting on Dec 18th. We expect lotsa pics AR... :D

H, you be correct!

Colin Lidster wears #24 for the Storm and unlike his father, is more of a power forward. At 6'4", 225 lbs, he adds a big body presence up front for the Storm. In his first game in GP, first shift...you guessed it, dropped the gloves and gave notice to the league he was there to compete. Since then, he's added a few points and a number of good tilts including 2 scraps I believe against Olds last weekend. I know of one for sure as he gave the one Olds player a sound beating.

Here is a picture of that scrap where he was giving the Olds player a flurry of solid uppercuts... :mrgreen:

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:40 pm

I was listening the the Storm game off and on up until the end of the second period, the score was tied 2-2 at that point. In what must have been a wild and wooly third period with six goals being scored. Final score............

Image.....7.....Image.....3

It seemed like a pretty even affair up till the end of the second. The Storm must have opened the flood gates and filled that net with pucks.

Seventh straight STORM Victory.........Image

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 7:56 pm

This is why I love the community aspect of junior hockey. Those kids look like they had a great time with the players.

Quote:
PIZZA PARTY STORM STYLE
Tue, Nov 03 2009

The first Pizza Hut/Storm pizza party of the season was held Monday.

Daniel Graber entered his name in the draw at a Storm game and was picked as the monthly winner.

Graber and several of his friends were able to have dinner with Storm players Matt Cumming, Darren Kramer, Matt Pasztor, Josh Phillips and Cody Stackaruk.

Thanks to Pizza Hut for providing a great meal!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:51 am

Quote:
HOT STREAK REACHES EIGHT
Sat, Nov 07 2009

The Storm returned home after a three game, two played, road trip and it was a triumphant one. Chad Carder made the start in nets, making 29 saves in a winning effort, thus extending the season high winning streak to eight, with a 4-3 victory over the Sherwood Park Crusaders.

Quote:
STORM STREAK SNAPPED
Sun, Nov 08 2009

The Grande Prairie Storm had an eight game winning streak snapped this afternoon at the Canada Games Arena with a 5-0 loss. It was the second match up in less than 24 hours between the two teams, coming off a 4-3 Storm victory last night. Rhys Hadfield would give Chad Carder a rest in the affair and would make 30 saves in a losing effort.

Winning streaks can't last forever I guess.... :evil:

Tuesday night, the Storm take on the Ft McMurray Oil Barons

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:34 pm

Quote:
STORM PREVAIL IN BARNBURNER
Tue, Nov 24 2009

The Storm scored five unanswered goals, en route to a 7-5 victory over the Eagles in Canmore.

It was the first stop on a five-game road swing for Grande Prairie. Tanner Fritz recorded a hat trick and added an assist, while five other players had multi-point nights.

“I thought (Fritz) was our best player,” stated head coach Mike Vandekamp. “And that’s the real key for us. The focus is around some of the same players too much.

“For other people to step up, that’s going to be really important for us down the stretch.”

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:33 pm

Quote:
STORM ROAD WARRIORS
Wed, Nov 25 2009

The Storm scored three straight goals in the second period, including two on the power play, as they doubled the Bandits 4-2 in Brooks.

It was the sixth straight win for Grande Prairie – 10th straight on the road.

“It was tight-checking early, both teams played well,” said head coach Mike Vandekamp. “We knew the first goal was going to be huge tonight, and it was.”

6 game winning streak, 10 straight wins on the road...Friggin amazing!!!

Go Storm!!!!

Quote:
Shots on goal were 40-38 in favour of Brooks. Carder was named player of the game for Grande Prairie, making several huge stops to preserve the victory.

“It was really important to see him bounce back, after a not-so great game in Canmore (Tuesday),” said Vandekamp. “He was very solid tonight.”

The Storm have Thursday off before a two-game set this weekend. They’re in Okotoks Friday, followed by Drumheller Saturday.

“We’ll rest up, re-group and get ready to hopefully have a solid weekend,” stated Vandekamp.

Game time against the Oilers is 7:00 pm, while puck drop against the Dragons is 7:30 pm.

Fans can catch all the action by tuning into 104.7 FREE FM.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:45 pm

My 6 year old played as a "timbit" player between periods at the Giants game last Friday. The players were fantastic with the kids--signed photos, high fives as they went out on the ice. My son was so pumped that when we got home (10:30 at night--just a little past bedtime) he wanted to go take shots on the net in the dark, in the pissing rain. Of course I said "You bet." He's starting to get a decent wrist shot.

We have the Canucks here, but the Giants games are way better for family outings.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 ... 13  Next