canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:13 pm

This weekend the Grande Prairie Storm have back to back games against a North Division rival. Friday and Saturday nights the Storm will host....

Image.....VS.....Image

The Storm sure could use these four points this weekend as they are in a dogfight with Ft. McMurray for second place in the North Division.

Rosie and I have tickets to both tilts and we'll be there with our Storm Jerseys on supportin our boys!!!

GO STORM!!!!!!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:28 pm

As a side note, the annual Ernie's Sports Experts Teddy Bear toss will be on Saturday night as well. First Storm goal scored, everyone throws their teddy bear onto the ice!!!

The bears will all be given away to children at the pediatric ward at the QE II hospital here in Grande Prairie. Rosie and I bought a bear at Christmas at the Royal Bank to support another local children's charity, so we're going to throw that little guy on Saturday night.

Here is a link to the Storm site that explains it all.....

http://www.gpstorm.com/association.aspx?p=news&id=561

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:13 pm

Tonight was an interesting night......

The Storm wore their away uniforms at home to start with, good thing the jersey I bought was an away, at least for once I didn't clash... :wink: ...They had the mites play during the first intermission(kids that were probably 3-5 years old, cutes as hell too)

Then there was a marriage proposal at centre ice during the second intermission. It was really cute the way they pulled it off. Clearly it was a great set up between the families, the Storm and FREE FM, the official radio station of the Storm. The bride to be "won" a contest on FREE FM to shoot to win a Storm Jersey. She was introduced by the morning DJ from FREE FM and the contest commenced, when she won it (She actually missed the goal, but like they weren't going to give it to her) the last name on the jersey was that of her boyfriend.. :wink: ....then they made her turn around, watch the big screen at the other end of the arena while the boyfriend came out onto the ice and knelt down behind her holding up the engagement ring to her. Needless to say there was the shock, tears, laughter and the eventual "YES". It was all pretty cool.

Now, while all this was cool and very entertaining, there was a game being played. In both Rosie and my opinions, it was the worst game the Storm have played all year. Sloppy plays, their feet were in the sand all night, just brutal. Now, even with that being their crappiest game all season, the final score after OT.....

Image.....4.....Image.....3

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:55 pm

QBC wrote:

The Storm wore their away uniforms at home to start with, good thing the jersey I bought was an away, at least for once I didn't clash.

Hey I might of got this arranged for you Q. Down in Olds I stood beside someone in a Storm Jacket. With my camera in hand , he ask you I was shooting for, must of though I was a pro or something. :lol:

So I told him I was there to get pictures for someone from GP and he just wanted to see the team in their roadies, because he can't make those 8 hour road trips. He said yeah, maybe all the home town fans would like to see that.

Then that was it, the period ended and never saw him again.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:58 pm

Alta_redneck wrote:
QBC wrote:

The Storm wore their away uniforms at home to start with, good thing the jersey I bought was an away, at least for once I didn't clash.

Hey I might of got this arranged for you Q. Down in Olds I stood beside someone in a Storm Jacket. With my camera in hand , he ask you I was shooting for, must of though I was a pro or something. :lol:

So I told him I was there to get pictures for someone from GP and he just wanted to see the team in their roadies, because he can't make those 8 hour road trips. He said yeah, maybe all the home town fans would like to see that.

Then that was it, the period ended and never saw him again.

Well, if thats the case AR, Cool!!!!...and Thanx... :D

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:32 am

No, not thanks.. I think that was part of their problem. They kept wanting to pass the puck to the white jerseys. :?

:lol:

(Goin' to the Camrose game, AR? )

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:38 am

OT winner from last night!!!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Edmonton Oilers
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:13 am

wildrosegirl wrote:
No, not thanks.. I think that was part of their problem. They kept wanting to pass the puck to the white jerseys. :?

:lol:

Gezzz that could be what's wrong with the Oilers, they do that too. :lol:

wildrosegirl wrote:
(Goin' to the Camrose game, AR? )

No I don't think so, that's pretty well a 2 hour drive for me. That's a long ways to go to find out that they have a net in front of the stands and you have to stand on a refrigerated floor to get some pics. I had cramps in my toes for and hour after that Olds game. :lol:

I got a friend who's future son in-law is playing for the Kodiak's, I'll ask him about the net thing and see if he's going up.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:23 pm

Rosie and I went to second meeting in as many nights between Grande Prairie and Lloydminster. Again tonight the game was rather sloppy. Neither team played very well and this sure isn't the best hockey the Storm have played this season.

Tonight was more about the kids though. The annual teddy bear toss was tonight and we were treated to another mini game by the mites.(and yes I did throw our bear over the glass when the Storm scored their first goal)

With some late game pressure, the Storm did manage to pull out the win and get the very valuable four points from the Bobcats this weekend. Final score......

Image.....2.....Image.....1

Here are the videos I shot at the game and I'll follow it up with a few pictures later.....

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:50 am

And...a couple pics from last night....

Also a couple vids from the Storm website....

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:56 pm

The Canadian Junior Hockey League (CJHL) announced today its Weekly Top 20 rankings, in conjunction with NHL Central Scouting.

Grande Prairie jumped two spots, from seventh place to fifth overall, after picking up two victories over Lloydminster this past weekend.

Meanwhile, the Storm’s AJHL rival, the Spruce Grove Saints, moved into first overall ahead of the BCHL’s Vernon Vipers.

The CJHL Weekly Top 20 are as follows:

1. (2) Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL)
2. (1) Vernon Vipers (BCHL)
3. (3) Penticton Vees (BCHL)
4. (4) Dauphin Kings (MJHL)
5. (7) Grande Prairie Storm (AJHL)
6. (5) Kingston Voyageurs (OJAHL)
7. (8) Woodstock Slammers (MJAHL)
8. (11) Oakville Blades (OJAHL)
9. (6) Georgetown Raiders (OJAHL)
10. (10) Brockville Braves (CJHL)
11. (15) Alberni Valley Bulldogs (BCHL)
12. (12) Pembroke Lumber Kings (CJHL)
13. (13) Fort William North Stars (SIJHL)
14. (14) Westside Warriors (BCHL)
15. (17) Weyburn Red Wings (SJHL)
16. (9) Flin Flon Bombers (SJHL)
17. (16) Fort McMurray Oil Barons (AJHL)
18. (18) Burlington Cougars (CCHL)
19. (19) Abitibi Eskimos (NOJHL)
20. (20) Les Cobras de Terrebonne (LHJAAAQ)

The rankings are based upon a variety of factors, including the league in which the teams belong to, their winning percentage, their win-loss record, total points accumulated, their goals-for versus goals-against ratio, amongst other factors.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 pm

The bears were out in full force at the Canada Games Arena Saturday night.

More than 850 stuffed animals were collected from Storm fans, at the annual Ernie’s Sports Experts Teddy Bear Toss.

From bears to dogs, frogs and dinosaurs, there were stuffies of all sizes and colours. Nearly all of them were wrapped in plastic, preventing them from getting wet when they hit the ice.

Storm players will now deliver the bears to the PEDS ward at the QE II Hospital on Monday afternoon.

A huge thank you goes out to everyone who took part in the toss. Together, you have helped brighten hospital stays for hundreds of children!

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:33 pm

Quote:
OH BABY - Storm defenceman Matt Williams (centre) bonds with Savannah, a newborn baby in the PEDS ward at the QE II Hospital. Forwards Taylor Rovatti (left) and Dennis Rix were also at the hospital Monday to deliver teddy bears.

The bears have been delivered!

Adam Young, Dennis Rix, Matt Williams and Taylor Rovatti dropped off hundreds of teddy bears to the PEDS ward at the QE II Hospital Monday afternoon.

The players met two patients from the ward during their visit, including a newborn baby named Savannah.

More than 850 stuffed animals were collected from Storm fans during the annual Ernie’s Sports Experts Teddy Bear Toss Saturday night.

Thank you once again to the best fans in the AJHL!

Quote:
BRINGING SMILES - Unit Manager for PEDS Val Stewart (centre) accepted hundreds of teddy bears Monday from Storm players (left to right) Taylor Rovatti, Adam Young, Dennis Rix and Matt Williams.

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:45 pm

Rosie and I were treated tonight to a very different Grande Prairie Storm team. As opposed to Friday and Saturday nights, the Storm tonight were flying. They were working hard, playing smart, very few turn overs as they out shot Bonnyville 48-25 on route to a sweet victory. (Minus allowing the only Pontiac's goal at 19:25 of the third period and spoiling Chad Carder's shutout bid... :evil: )

Image.....4.....Image.....1

First star of the game tonight was in his debut game with the Storm. Marcus Watson, acquired on Saturday at the trading deadline from the Prince George Spruce Kings of the BCHL, scored the games first goal and added two helpers. Not too shabby for his first game as a Grande Prairie Storm!!!

News Moderator
News Moderator
 Edmonton Oilers

Warnings: (-20%)
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:53 pm

Quote:
Minus allowing the only Pontiac's goal at 19:25 of the third period and spoiling Chad Carder's shutout bid... :evil:

Would you quit belly aching about that! They played their asses off and WON! XD

There's just no pleasing you today. :lol:

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 4  5  6  7  8  9  10 ... 13  Next