Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:40 pm

Mustang1 wrote:
Sports_Master2008 wrote:
Yea well if you want a winner from Toronto you better take a hike because there goal is to make the playoffs right now.

Tell ya' what, i'll take a hike when wannabe hockey fans get a clue. The goal each and every year should be the Stanley Cup. If not, start watching beer league hockey as this isn't level for you.

Quote:
lets see blake, tlusty, earl,tucker,newberry, and for sundin's size he has decent speed.

Won't matter. And I noticed you conveniently dodged the point about Blake's contract vs. his production. And for Tlusty, Earl and Newberry - nothing yet and no one is banking on these guys.

Quote:
Yea and mcCabe is worth more then pronger he has been way better and is still a better defenceman then pronger.

McCabe is better than Chris Pronger?!?!?!?!? ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL Seriously, this is one of the most asinine comments i've had the displeasure of reading in a long time. Pronger has a MVP, Norris, Stanley Cup and Olympic Gold and is considered one of the best defenesmen in the NHL. He's a proven commodity and he's consistently a winner with a career +/- of 126. At this point, you've hit the wall if this is the kind of nonsense you're peddling.

Quote:
but yet still a chance o making the playoffs is goin nowhere kubina is also a veteran so of cousre he is goin to be paid more plus he also has a stanley cup ring unlike bouwmeester,kaberle,and campbell
ROTFL

Huh? Salary isn't based on experience, it's based on PERFORMANCE! Are you kidding me? You think he's worth more than Karbele because he's older (even thought Kaberle has played more games)? That's idiotic. Seriously, this has plummeted into a waste of time. It's clear you simply can't grasp the complexities of the matter and when someone starts writing that McCabe is better than Chris Pronger and repeating the same subjective nonsense over and over again than they've reached the end of the tether. Sorry.

No you work from goal to goal their first goal is making the playoffs then you worry about the stanley vup after if you make it

So he isnt a sniper he doesnt make lots of money and even if hedoesnt always score he is always keeping the zone setting somone up.

So what if he has a MVP and a norris who cares look at how he plays that tells the story like in the playoffs trying to take Mccammonds head off dirty player much. and as far as im concerned a dirty player isnt a good one and McCabe isnt a dirty player thats for sure.

NO im not saying that experieced players are payed more im saying teams pay veterans more to also play good and give some tips to the young guys and even if you want to base it on performance he is still worth 5 million he is a good defensive playe if you have watched him play any games.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:51 am

Sports_Master2008 wrote:

No you work from goal to goal their first goal is making the playoffs then you worry about the stanley vup after if you make it

Wrong. You think that's Anaheim's goal each year? Montreal's? Ottawa's? Detroit's? That's what seperates the winners from losers - attitude. Thank God, Fletcher and crew don't share your objectives.

Quote:
So he isnt a sniper he doesnt make lots of money and even if hedoesnt always score he is always keeping the zone setting somone up.

Right, he's not a sniper, so why an Earht, in the salary-cap era, is he being paid like one!!! $20 Million for what 30 odd assists now? Gimmie me a break.

Quote:
So what if he has a MVP and a norris who cares look at how he plays that tells the story like in the playoffs trying to take Mccammonds head off dirty player much. and as far as im concerned a dirty player isnt a good one and McCabe isnt a dirty player thats for sure.

That's it?!? That's the best you can muster? You're still actually arguing that McCabe is better than a Norris/Hart winner that has a Stanley Cup ring and a Gold Medal? And he's dirty? One man's dirty is another gritty and inimitading and not even the mouthbreathers that read the Sun or call the Fan would even attempt to put McCabe and Pronger in the same league let alone claim the former is a superior player. Let this go, it's only getting worse.

Quote:
NO im not saying that experieced players are payed more im saying teams pay veterans more to also play good and give some tips to the young guys and even if you want to base it on performance he is still worth 5 million he is a good defensive playe if you have watched him play any games.

Yes, you are. In fact, you wrote, "kubina is also a veteran so of cousre he is goin to be paid more" Now, how is that NOT suggesting experience trumps performance? Seriously, this is now becoming silly. Kubina is overpaid. He gives tips?!?!? On what? Fleecing JFJ? And if you watched any games yourself, you'd realized that his $5 million are year is too much for an slightly above average defencemen. And evidently when you watch games you seem to miss a hell of a lot as you actually think the Leaf's 4th worst GA is fine, 12th place is ok and Pronger would be lucky to be a top 4 defencemen on Maurice's corps.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:53 am

OPP wrote:
Mustang1 wrote:
Please don't tell me you're pinning this on Blake, a 38- year old Sundin, Tucker, McCabe, wonky Colaiacovo, Kubina? I hope half those overpriced stiffs are gone by next year and then this team can really retool for a run in a couple of years, but NOT without decent drafting!

You believe Sundin to be overpriced?

Well...he's not too bad currently, but i'm not pinning my hopes on a 38 year old next year (and we don't know what that contract, if any, would bring). He'd be a lot better on another team with Toronto getting a Hossa-style deal

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 6:24 am

I think the important thing that's being lost amongst the insta-fans of the Leafs Nation is that the point is for the Leafs to win the damn cup. If people are no longer able to do that for the team, dump them. This is a business. Nobody here is Darcy Tucker's boyfriend, son, uncle or best bud. He's simply too banged up to carry on banging people around and pot the puck in the net. And if you're going to say he's had a few good games recently, stuff it. His overall performance has plummeted to basement levels.

Kubina is a good defenceman, but he's over-priced. Bryan McCabe is lucky he signed that deal with JFJ because he's now an over-paid Sergei Gonchar wannabe. As soon as opposing teams figured out that you can blitz him while he's got the puck at the blue-line and he'll either make a bad shot or lose the puck to the opposing forward with no speed to catch up to his mistake, his stock dropped faster than a new bride's pajamas. Blake is a fine forward, but he's not producing what he should be for that kind of money. Why would I pay $4 million for Blake when I could get a younger FASTER forward with more points for half a million less in Marco Sturm?

John Ferguson Junior was a terrible GM who will long be remembered as a lipless dipshit who crippled the team for years. The Toskala signing was his only shining moment.

Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:10 am

Wow you sure called a spade a shovel. I really enjoyed reading that ...."faster than a new bride's pj's" that was rich.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 8:58 am

Dayseed wrote:
I think the important thing that's being lost amongst the insta-fans of the Leafs Nation is that the point is for the Leafs to win the damn cup. If people are no longer able to do that for the team, dump them. This is a business. Nobody here is Darcy Tucker's boyfriend, son, uncle or best bud. He's simply too banged up to carry on banging people around and pot the puck in the net. And if you're going to say he's had a few good games recently, stuff it. His overall performance has plummeted to basement levels.

Kubina is a good defenceman, but he's over-priced. Bryan McCabe is lucky he signed that deal with JFJ because he's now an over-paid Sergei Gonchar wannabe. As soon as opposing teams figured out that you can blitz him while he's got the puck at the blue-line and he'll either make a bad shot or lose the puck to the opposing forward with no speed to catch up to his mistake, his stock dropped faster than a new bride's pajamas. Blake is a fine forward, but he's not producing what he should be for that kind of money. Why would I pay $4 million for Blake when I could get a younger FASTER forward with more points for half a million less in Marco Sturm?

John Ferguson Junior was a terrible GM who will long be remembered as a lipless dipshit who crippled the team for years. The Toskala signing was his only shining moment.

Finally. Someone that gets it. Please pass this on to the blind insta-goofs that bow down to all things, Leafs, instead of holding this team, its coaching and its management to a higher standard benefiting the team's storied past.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:11 am

Dayseed wrote:

I am the next door neighbour of Bryan McCabes sisters husbands best friend from college's roommate.

Does that count for anything?

Where are you and M1 for Ikariam? Its a wonderful addiction.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:52 am

DerbyX wrote:
Dayseed wrote:

I am the next door neighbour of Bryan McCabes sisters husbands best friend from college's roommate.

Does that count for anything?

Where are you and M1 for Ikariam? Its a wonderful addiction.

What the heck is Ikariam?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:03 am

Right now I'm currently battling through Lost Planet on the PS3. Is that like Ikariam?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 10:55 am

http://ikariam.org/

Its a free browser game that is somewhat similiar to civilization.

We got quite a few CKA members all in gamma world.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:09 am

Derby,

Speaking of Civilization, have you checked out Civilization Revolution? It's for the X360 and the PS3. It's coming in April.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 11:11 am

Dayseed wrote:
Derby,

Speaking of Civilization, have you checked out Civilization Revolution? It's for the X360 and the PS3. It's coming in April.

I'll check it out but I was extremely unimpressed with both Civ 3 and Civ 4.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 9:24 pm

Mustang1 wrote:
Dayseed wrote:

Finally. Someone that gets it. Please pass this on to the blind insta-goofs that bow down to all things, Leafs, instead of holding this team, its coaching and its management to a higher standard benefiting the team's storied past.

Loyalty counts for nothing and hockey culture means jack shit. Everything is based on using any means necessary to win a cup based on pride, hockey culture, history, heart and glory. How ironic.

You two should be bankers and leave hockey the fuck alone.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 3:24 am

OPP,

I'm glad you have this bullshit attitude about carrying on with a team incapable of winning the cup, but everybody's just the loveliest friends on it. If you want to have a big team of friends, go watch a men's league. This is the NHL. It's about winning the cup. If a player is no longer able to perform up to a high standard, why the hell would you waste your money IN A SALARY CAP WORLD and damage your team's prospects? Being a GM is about putting together a winning team, not playing nurse-mother to players meant for pasture. But, if that's your logic, why don't the Leafs throw Wendall Clark a fat salary to bring him back?

Perhaps you should leave hockey the fuck alone and go back to rooting like a retard at a Timbits hockey game.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:11 am

OPP wrote:

Loyalty counts for nothing and hockey culture means jack shit. Everything is based on using any means necessary to win a cup based on pride, hockey culture, history, heart and glory. How ironic.

You two should be bankers and leave hockey the fuck alone.

You should stick to being an asshat and getting schooled in history, loser. When you get a friggen' clue, give a shout, but for now, you're nothing more than stunned twit.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 12  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  Next