Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:20 pm

Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:
Wow someones a little pissed that we didnt do his work for him :lol:

Not pissed, just a little bewildered that people will go to such great lengths to defend a point of view without knowing or even bothering to find out if they're right in the first place.

Geesh, one is turning tables here!

YOU made the claim. You expect us to do your homework? Come on. Firstly, you never asked us, but stated it, and then you are questioning our willingness to prove your point? [huh]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:29 pm

Regina Regina:
Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:

Not pissed, just a little bewildered that people will go to such great lengths to defend a point of view without knowing or even bothering to find out if they're right in the first place.

You're a Habs fan..........how serious did you think we'd take you?

You're a leaf fan, nobody takes you seriously!

I wouldn't be too smug about 24-22. In politics that would be considered a dead heat given the margin of error. One can only wonder what effect a third missed playoff will have. As the old fans die off, the leaves aren't exactly inspiring our youth. Maybe that accounts for the facebook numbers.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Habfanman Habfanman:
Regina Regina:
Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:

You're a Habs fan..........how serious did you think we'd take you?

You're a leaf fan, nobody takes you seriously!

I wouldn't be too smug about 24-22. In politics that would be considered a dead heat given the margin of error. One can only wonder what effect a third missed playoff will have. As the old fans die off, the leaves aren't exactly inspiring our youth. Maybe that accounts for the facebook numbers.

Buddy you're taking this waaaaaaay to serious... I could care less about any of it. I prefer to play rather than talk about it anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:50 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:

YOU made the claim. You expect us to do your homework? Come on. Firstly, you never asked us, but stated it, and then you are questioning our willingness to prove your point? [huh]

I stated from the very beginning that I SUSPECTED that the leaves weren't Canada's team, not that I KNEW that they weren't, and that I didn't think that there were as many leaf fans as Leaf Nation claims. All I was looking for was any information that might prove or disprove my theory as I stated numerous times!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:54 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:

Well since this is the "Leafs Nation" thread wouldnt the onus be on you to prove them wrong? :wink:

Since this is a 'Leaf Nation ??' thread (the question marks being the key), I thought that people may be debating the idea of Leaf nation.

I had no idea that so many Calgary fans were closet leaf fans!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 12:57 pm

Habfanman Habfanman:
Brenda Brenda:

Habfanman Habfanman:

WDHIII WDHIII:

Wow someones a little pissed that we didnt do his work for him

YOU made the claim. You expect us to do your homework? Come on. Firstly, you never asked us, but stated it, and then you are questioning our willingness to prove your point?

I stated from the very beginning that I SUSPECTED that the leaves weren't Canada's team, not that I KNEW that they weren't, and that I didn't think that there were as many leaf fans as Leaf Nation claims. All I was looking for was any information that might prove or disprove my theory as I stated numerous times!!

This, my dear, is your first post.

Habfanman Habfanman:
I don't know why people are shocked at the state of the leaves, this has been going on for as long as I can remember. Change the names, and this could be a conversation from the 70's', 80's or 90's.

And what's up with Leaf Nation's outrageous claim that the leaves are 'Canada's Team'? I've never seen any evidence to support this, and suspect that the leaves fan base would have been steadily eroded outside of Toronto by the cup runs of Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa and the pathetic state of the leaves themselves.

I suspect that the Habs are the most popular team in Canada. They have a lock on Québec, where there are virtually no leaf fans, and I've met tonnes of Habs fans in every city in every province in which I've lived.

Where do you say you would like some info here?

I rest my case.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Brenda Brenda:
Brenda Brenda:

Habfanman Habfanman:

WDHIII WDHIII:

Wow someones a little pissed that we didnt do his work for him

Not pissed, just a little bewildered that people will go to such great lengths to defend a point of view without knowing or even bothering to find out if they're right in the first place. [/quote

YOU made the claim. You expect us to do your homework? Come on. Firstly, you never asked us, but stated it, and then you are questioning our willingness to prove your point?

This, my dear, is your first post.

Habfanman Habfanman:
I don't know why people are shocked at the state of the leaves, this has been going on for as long as I can remember. Change the names, and this could be a conversation from the 70's', 80's or 90's.

And what's up with Leaf Nation's outrageous claim that the leaves are 'Canada's Team'? I've never seen any evidence to support this, and suspect that the leaves fan base would have been steadily eroded outside of Toronto by the cup runs of Calgary, Edmonton and Ottawa and the pathetic state of the leaves themselves.

I suspect that the Habs are the most popular team in Canada. They have a lock on Québec, where there are virtually no leaf fans, and I've met tonnes of Habs fans in every city in every province in which I've lived.

Where do you say you would like some info here?

I rest my case.

Gee, how did I know it would be Brenda copy/paste?! I said twice that I SUSPECTED that the leaves weren't number one and stated that I had never seen any evidence to support the claim (that can usually be construed as a challenge to provide some). I asked in later posts in anybody had any.

Now go, re-read, copy/paste!! I'm waiting for the next one...

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:12 pm

Actually, it is not copy pasted, but quoted ;-)

And, no, we don't have any, like I said earlier. So what is your point exactly?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:28 pm

WDHIII WDHIII:
Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:
Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:

Well since this is the "Leafs Nation" thread wouldnt the onus be on you to prove them wrong? :wink:

Since this is a 'Leaf Nation ??' thread (the question marks being the key), I thought that people may be debating the idea of Leaf nation.

I had no idea that so many Calgary fans were closet leaf fans!!

Guess that shows just how much attention youve been paying :roll:

WDHIII WDHIII:
I have a buddy who works for Hockey Canada and back when they were based at the Saddledome here in Calgary I used to use the connection to get me and another buddy into the dome for game day skates.

I was a Habs fan before the Flames hit town - my friend was Leafs fan, having played with a few of them on the Weyburn Redwings and whenever either of these teams were in town we'd not only take in the game (if we could scam some tickets) but also take in the afternoon skate.

I was AMAZED by how many Leaf fans showed up for both... in fact there was one game day skate for the Leafs where it almost seemed like the lower bowl was filled and at the game that night it was difficult to tell which building you were in.

I realize this one only one city and MAYBE some Habs fans are embarassed to admit it here in "Red Neck" country but I gotta say there seem to be more Leaf supporters than those who cheer for the Blue Blanc en Rouge.

And this comin from a old Habs fan :wink:

It would appear to me youre not looking for information at all... maybe you should read back thru the thread... someone may have already helped your lazy a$$ out :lol:

Oh well that's certainly definitive proof! I'd better call The Hockey News and tell them to stop wasting money commissioning polls! Just call 'guy with buddy who used to be a Habs fan who went to game in Calgary one day where there were a lot of leaf fans' The only problem with that is that they may accidently call 'guy who went to Canucks game with girlfriend one day where there were a lot of Habs fans' and then we'd be back to where we started again.

That's sort of why I was looking for a real, legitimate poll.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:31 pm

Why are you insulting everybody that won't do your work for you?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:48 pm

It's not work Brenda it's supposed to be a discussion, and I haven't insulted anybody (leaf fan counter-jibe aside!). You've spent all of your time arguing semantics and never once offered anything tangible to the discussion.

I've found my first poll, I've posted it, I've admitted I was wrong (and yes, very good, it was a 'quote' not a 'copy/paste, I used the wrong terminology, I sincerely apologize). What is your point exactly?

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:51 pm

Hello Alcan.....?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 2:58 pm

Habfanman Habfanman:
WDHIII WDHIII:

Oh...i knew you were wrong from the outset. The fact that you had to substantiate it was your problem, not mine.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:00 pm

Habfanman Habfanman:

Oh well that's certainly definitive proof! I'd better call The Hockey News and tell them to stop wasting money commissioning polls! Just call 'guy with buddy who used to be a Habs fan who went to game in Calgary one day where there were a lot of leaf fans'

That was your initial tactic, my hypocritical chum! I called it out as anecdotal and now you're chastising others for doing the same thing as you?!?!? Seriously, give it a rest

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:04 pm

Habfanman Habfanman:
It's not work Brenda it's supposed to be a discussion, and I haven't insulted anybody (leaf fan counter-jibe aside!). You've spent all of your time arguing semantics and never once offered anything tangible to the discussion.

What discussion? That you think Habs are better than the Leafs? That you think there are more Habs fans than Leafs fans, and we have to prove you wrong? That everybody who told you their own little story gets marked as "stupid", and you telling me I am from Calgary? That discussion?

I have told you twice why I think the Leafs say that. But, of course, it comes from me, and everything I say, I have to back up with links otherwise you can't use it in your little thesis. But it is not work.

Riiiiight [/sarcasm]

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 ... 19  Next