Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 42160
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:19 pm
 


leafs are out....another sign of spring


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21567
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:22 pm
 


:|


Last edited by Public_Domain on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7510
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:26 pm
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
leafs are out....another sign of spring
ROTFL

Ahh, It's unrelentless, isn't it? lol

No, it's actually unrelenting.

Funny thing is, the Leafs are out but people can't stop talking about them.....


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 21567
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:26 pm
 


:|


Last edited by Public_Domain on Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7835
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:04 pm
 


martin14 wrote:
newfette wrote:
Quote:
to send gifts to nova ???



why would you want to


gotta ask kai...

just temporary insanity i'll bet..


I wanted to create a "welcoming party" for the newbie but too late. DAMN YOOOOU *shakes fist*


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:16 am
 


Mr_Canada wrote:
Ripcat wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
leafs are out....another sign of spring
ROTFL

Ahh, It's unrelentless, isn't it? lol

No, it's actually unrelenting.

Funny thing is, the Leafs are out but people can't stop talking about them.....
Yep.

Well, it was sadly obvious the Leafs were probably not going to make it this year... It's been pretty bad...

But we were supposed to be out a LOOONG time ago, and we've stayed past the hairline and in the fight for much longer then what was expected.

So I praise the Leafs for that.

And I can't wait for April 3rd. *packs bags*


you have a good point but i tihnk they will make the playoffs next season because toskala will feel alright cause he has play with the team for a year alread and he will be comfortable and he will be amazing all season and hopefully they resign mats sundin


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7594
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:13 am
 


Sports_Master2008 wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
Ripcat wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
leafs are out....another sign of spring
ROTFL

Ahh, It's unrelentless, isn't it? lol

No, it's actually unrelenting.

Funny thing is, the Leafs are out but people can't stop talking about them.....
Yep.

Well, it was sadly obvious the Leafs were probably not going to make it this year... It's been pretty bad...

But we were supposed to be out a LOOONG time ago, and we've stayed past the hairline and in the fight for much longer then what was expected.

So I praise the Leafs for that.

And I can't wait for April 3rd. *packs bags*


you have a good point but i tihnk they will make the playoffs next season because toskala will feel alright cause he has play with the team for a year alread and he will be comfortable and he will be amazing all season and hopefully they resign mats sundin


They're not going to do Jack Squat unless they cut the fat, get a REAL Hockey Guy at the helm pay attention to drafting talent and be aware that high-price (overpriced in Kubina, Tucker and Blake's case) has an impact on the cap.

Sundin won't make the difference next year...we're in a rebuilding stage and Toronto doesn't have the talent Montreal did last year nor has it made the moves like Philadelphia (because dipwads like Kubina didn't wave their no-trade clause - the last laugh may be on him as I hope he gets shipped out to a trainwreck in the summer)


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Montreal Canadiens
Profile
Posts: 354
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:06 am
 


:cry: again!!!! Ok Habs..... [popcorn] Sammy


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:36 am
 


Mustang1 wrote:
Sports_Master2008 wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
Ripcat wrote:
Mr_Canada wrote:
ShepherdsDog wrote:
leafs are out....another sign of spring
ROTFL

Ahh, It's unrelentless, isn't it? lol

No, it's actually unrelenting.

Funny thing is, the Leafs are out but people can't stop talking about them.....
Yep.

Well, it was sadly obvious the Leafs were probably not going to make it this year... It's been pretty bad...

But we were supposed to be out a LOOONG time ago, and we've stayed past the hairline and in the fight for much longer then what was expected.

So I praise the Leafs for that.

And I can't wait for April 3rd. *packs bags*


you have a good point but i tihnk they will make the playoffs next season because toskala will feel alright cause he has play with the team for a year alread and he will be comfortable and he will be amazing all season and hopefully they resign mats sundin


They're not going to do Jack Squat unless they cut the fat, get a REAL Hockey Guy at the helm pay attention to drafting talent and be aware that high-price (overpriced in Kubina, Tucker and Blake's case) has an impact on the cap.

Sundin won't make the difference next year...we're in a rebuilding stage and Toronto doesn't have the talent Montreal did last year nor has it made the moves like Philadelphia (because dipwads like Kubina didn't wave their no-trade clause - the last laugh may be on him as I hope he gets shipped out to a trainwreck in the summer)


ya so kubina played amazing near the end of the season and he wasnt getting enough ice time to show what he could do and tucker has just hasnt been himself and blake just got here and he is only getting payed 3.3 million and for how well he did and his first time playing with cancer he played well and why would you get rid of a guy who has been your captain for 9 or 10 season out of the 13 he has been there and he has lead the leafs points throughout many seasons


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7594
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:03 pm
 


Sports_Master2008 wrote:


ya so kubina played amazing near the end of the season and he wasnt getting enough ice time to show what he could do and tucker has just hasnt been himself and blake just got here and he is only getting payed 3.3 million and for how well he did and his first time playing with cancer he played well and why would you get rid of a guy who has been your captain for 9 or 10 season out of the 13 he has been there and he has lead the leafs points throughout many seasons


Guy, seriously, this isn't PS3 - Kubina is overpaid! Who cares what he did at the end of the season offensively, he's not worth over 5 a season! And Tucker?!?!? Are you kidding me? $3 million for about 30 points?!?!? Damn. And Blake (despite his unforutnate illness) isn't worth $5 million. Anyone that possesses even a passing clue knows that.

All I can say is hopefully the new GM isn't as naive as superfans and can fix this mess, so i don't have to read lame, unaware excuses from guys like you.

Sundin - if he really cared, he'd sign for less than 5 next year. Well, if he really cared, he'd have waived his no trade clause and Toronto might've had TWO first-round draft picks (plus Higgins) from the Habs!!!!


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:13 pm
 


Mustang1 wrote:
Sports_Master2008 wrote:


ya so kubina played amazing near the end of the season and he wasnt getting enough ice time to show what he could do and tucker has just hasnt been himself and blake just got here and he is only getting payed 3.3 million and for how well he did and his first time playing with cancer he played well and why would you get rid of a guy who has been your captain for 9 or 10 season out of the 13 he has been there and he has lead the leafs points throughout many seasons


Guy, seriously, this isn't PS3 - Kubina is overpaid! Who cares what he did at the end of the season offensively, he's not worth over 5 a season! And Tucker?!?!? Are you kidding me? $3 million for about 30 points?!?!? Damn. And Blake (despite his unforutnate illness) isn't worth $5 million. Anyone that possesses even a passing clue knows that.

All I can say is hopefully the new GM isn't as naive as superfans and can fix this mess, so i don't have to read lame, unaware excuses from guys like you.

Sundin - if he really cared, he'd sign for less than 5 next year. Well, if he really cared, he'd have waived his no trade clause and Toronto might've had TWO first-round draft picks (plus Higgins) from the Habs!!!!
Ok ya but kubina wasnt really getting the ice time that he shouldve been until McCabe got injured and what he did he had 3 game winning goals in 5 games and he has been producing alot more and he has made the power play better

Tucker is worth 3 million when he starts playing to his potential and blake has such a high contract because of his 40 goals and was suppose to perform mor then what he did but unfortunate to his illness and moving you have to let the guy get comfortable and he was shooting at the begining and now h e is passing more so he is getting more points

Like sure some of these guys contracts are high but thats based on the season before like tucker was phenominal last year until all his injuries came around and blake had 40 goals last season

and sundin dont really believe in a rental player and he is only gteting 5.6 million which is a big pay cut he has play phenominal all season he is the heart and soul of the leafs that keeps them winning


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7510
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:17 pm
 


It certainly wouldn't look good on Sundin if he asked for big bucks. I would like to see him continue with the Leafs beyond his playing days so if he signed for 5 mil a season for the next 2 seasons I would be happy.

All the other big salaried guys can walk the plank, even Kaberle...

Dave Andreychuk led Tampa Bay to a Cup. No reason Sundin can't get at least real close with a young Leaf team in two years or three years.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7594
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:22 pm
 


Sports_Master2008 wrote:
Ok ya but kubina wasnt really getting the ice time that he shouldve been until McCabe got injured and what he did he had 3 game winning goals in 5 games and he has been producing alot more and he has made the power play better


It's not worth $5 million. Apparently only you and JFJ think that - that's great company to be in.

Quote:
Tucker is worth 3 million when he starts playing to his potential and blake has such a high contract because of his 40 goals and was suppose to perform mor then what he did but unfortunate to his illness and moving you have to let the guy get comfortable and he was shooting at the begining and now h e is passing more so he is getting more points


Firstly, Tucker's best days are behind him - anyone knows that. Right now - based on THIS year's performance - he's a colossal bust and a drain on the cap.

Blake? Look at his track record - he's NOT a goal scorer! He potted 40 in a contract year and JFJ fell for it. Now he's firing shots like a madman and coming up with 15 goals?!?!? This is why he'll be golfing in a week.

Quote:
Like sure some of these guys contracts are high but thats based on the season before like tucker was phenominal last year until all his injuries came around and blake had 40 goals last season


Damn - how did you come up the "Master" part of your moniker? The salary is also a reflection of future performance!!! It's supposed to predict FUTURE contributions for your team! Anyone with a clue new that Blake wasn't a sniper, but JFJ gave him that kind of money. Where's the result?

Quote:
and sundin dont really believe in a rental player and he is only gteting 5.6 million which is a big pay cut he has play phenominal all season he is the heart and soul of the leafs that keeps them winning


Good for Sundin (although I didn't see him bitching about "rental players" when Leech came in) but bad for Toronto's future. I don't care what he makes THIS season, but I do care about next year and the fact that he cost the team a decent roster player and 1st round draft picks. Any REAL fan would too.


Offline
CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 7594
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:25 pm
 


Ripcat wrote:
It certainly wouldn't look good on Sundin if he asked for big bucks. I would like to see him continue with the Leafs beyond his playing days so if he signed for 5 mil a season for the next 2 seasons I would be happy.

All the other big salaried guys can walk the plank, even Kaberle...

Dave Andreychuk led Tampa Bay to a Cup. No reason Sundin can't get at least real close with a young Leaf team in two years or three years.


I agree with jettisoning goofs like Kubina, Tucker and Blake, but for Kaberle's age, salary and performance, he's actually a keeper (although, Philadelphia offered Carter and 1st rounder for him...i would've taken that one)


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
Profile
Posts: 317
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:38 pm
 


Mustang1 wrote:
Sports_Master2008 wrote:
Ok ya but kubina wasnt really getting the ice time that he shouldve been until McCabe got injured and what he did he had 3 game winning goals in 5 games and he has been producing alot more and he has made the power play better


It's not worth $5 million. Apparently only you and JFJ think that - that's great company to be in.

Quote:
Tucker is worth 3 million when he starts playing to his potential and blake has such a high contract because of his 40 goals and was suppose to perform mor then what he did but unfortunate to his illness and moving you have to let the guy get comfortable and he was shooting at the begining and now h e is passing more so he is getting more points


Firstly, Tucker's best days are behind him - anyone knows that. Right now - based on THIS year's performance - he's a colossal bust and a drain on the cap.

Blake? Look at his track record - he's NOT a goal scorer! He potted 40 in a contract year and JFJ fell for it. Now he's firing shots like a madman and coming up with 15 goals?!?!? This is why he'll be golfing in a week.

Quote:
Like sure some of these guys contracts are high but thats based on the season before like tucker was phenominal last year until all his injuries came around and blake had 40 goals last season


Damn - how did you come up the "Master" part of your moniker? The salary is also a reflection of future performance!!! It's supposed to predict FUTURE contributions for your team! Anyone with a clue new that Blake wasn't a sniper, but JFJ gave him that kind of money. Where's the result?

Quote:
and sundin dont really believe in a rental player and he is only gteting 5.6 million which is a big pay cut he has play phenominal all season he is the heart and soul of the leafs that keeps them winning


Good for Sundin (although I didn't see him bitching about "rental players" when Leech came in) but bad for Toronto's future. I don't care what he makes THIS season, but I do care about next year and the fact that he cost the team a decent roster player and 1st round draft picks. Any REAL fan would too.
No you know what tuckers best days arent behind him he just need to perforn to his potential and what call an average of 28 goals per season for blake thats still a decent ammount of goals so idk how you can say that he isnt a goal scorer and leetch wasnt a rental player


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests




 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.