CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:01 pm

New-look NHL has new rules

Some of the rule changes that will take effect for the 2005-06 NHL season:

- Allowing the two-line pass (no red line) like international hockey;

- Reduction in size of goalie equipment;

- Using the AHL crease and limits on goaltender puck handling;

- No tie games; using a penalty shootout after overtime; After a five minute overtime, three players will be selected from each team for the shootout. If still tied, it will then be a sudden death shootout;

- No-touch icing;

- Bringing back tag-up offside;

- Move nets back two feet towards end boards;

- Reducing the size of the neutral zone;

- A team that ices the puck cannot make a line change prior to the ensuing face-off;

- Officials will have the discretion to wave off icing if it is deemed to be the result of an attempted pass;

- A player that instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and automatic one-game suspension;

- Zero tolerance on interference, hooking and holding/obstruction

- Delay of game penalties for any players shooting the puck over the glass in his defensive zone.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:01 pm

$1:
- A player that instigates a fight in the final five minutes of a game will receive a game misconduct and automatic one-game suspension;

:cry: No more blow-out brawls.... :cry:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:07 pm

Most of the changes sound okay to me except for the limits on goaltender puck handling. I don't like to see players' freedom of movement restricted.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:08 pm

Streaker Streaker:
Most of the changes sound okay to me except for the limits on goaltender puck handling. I don't like to see players' freedom of movement restricted.

It worked alright in the AHL.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:00 pm

canucker canucker:
$1:

:cry: No more blow-out brawls.... :cry:

I've never liked it, or thought fighting was a part of the game anyway. it's time they cracked down on it.
Also time they did something about goalie gear.

I hope that "Zero tolerance on interference, hooking and holding/obstruction" truly means "zero tolerance.

But "Delay of game penalties for any players shooting the puck over the glass in his defensive zone." is harsh. Often it's an accident, what will they do? If the goalie does it, throw him in the box. If he's playing the puck he should have time to do something with it rather than just lobbing it over the glass.

Get the faster faceoffs, like they had in Salt Lake City in 2002. That was great and sped up the game like nothing else will. The games during the Olympics only took two hours. I loved it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:04 pm

I like all the changes.

Tobe honest though every year they said they were going to crack down on obstructions and they did for the first month or sobut everyone complained about the parade to the penalty box so they had to stop. The refs shouldn't get the blame for what will be penalty after penalty as players instinctively hook faster players.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:17 pm

Keep cracking down. The players have proved that they're stupid, but even they'll catch on sooner or later, right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:20 pm

As a hockey ref myself its tough when the players are screaming at you, the coaches are screaming at you and the fans are screaming at you because you are doing what they (players, coaches, and fans) all wanted before the season starts. Given the sensiblities in winning back everyone quickly and the dislike everyone has in a game that is penalty ridden I'll give that rule change 2 weeks before they start to let a little go, then a little more....... IMHO

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:22 pm

Fights are the second best part of the game (along with scoring and winning :D ) It makes the crowd roar with pleasure from their seats and when your at home you start yelling at the top of your lungs at the T.V and cheer when Tie Domi wins a fight. Brawls are also what makes the game fun, maybe European Hockey is more your taste.... :P Thats what makes NA Hockey more fun then weeny Euro hockey. Ugh....

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:25 pm

$1:
Fights are the second best part of the game (along with scoring and winning Very Happy ) It makes the crowd roar with pleasure from their seats and when your at home you start yelling at the top of your lungs at the T.V and cheer when Tie Domi wins a fight. Brawls are also what makes the game fun, maybe European Hockey is more your taste.... Razz Thats what makes NA Hockey more fun then weeny Euro hockey. Ugh....

Didn't you mention that you were an enforcer with a WHA team on another thread?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:27 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
$1:
Fights are the second best part of the game (along with scoring and winning Very Happy ) It makes the crowd roar with pleasure from their seats and when your at home you start yelling at the top of your lungs at the T.V and cheer when Tie Domi wins a fight. Brawls are also what makes the game fun, maybe European Hockey is more your taste.... Razz Thats what makes NA Hockey more fun then weeny Euro hockey. Ugh....

Didn't you mention that you were an enforcer with a WHA team on another thread?

Yah so? Fighting is good. :D In good taste I mean.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:28 pm

I think its an important part of the game as well. No offence meant.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:30 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
I think its an important part of the game as well. No offence meant.

Don Cherry always compares Canadian Hockey to European Hockey and then he got in trouble because he called Euros and Quebecers too soft or something like that. Does anybody here like Cherry?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:34 pm

I love alot of what he says. His predictions can be uncanny except about the lockout. I remeber when he was "impartially" reviewing a leaf series and crowed "we won" and then looked into the camera with an "oops" expression. Do you remember that?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:35 pm

DerbyX DerbyX:
I love alot of what he says. His predictions can be uncanny except about the lockout. I remeber when he was "impartially" reviewing a leaf series and crowed "we won" and then looked into the camera with an "oops" expression. Do you remember that?

Ha ha yah, he always does that. He is so biased towards the Leafs its not even funny.