Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:21 pm

Habs fans out there, are you like me dreaming to see Vinny wearing the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge sweather ?

Do you think we still have a chance to sign him this year? Or will we have to wait until next year when he'll be a UFA ?

Oh and about Kovalev's 4 years contract, just one word : YES!!!

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:23 pm

Ah man that would be sweet... If we got Lecavalier that would rule, and Kovalev... YES!

Seven more years till the next Montreal Dynesty. Seven more years!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:24 pm

deneb deneb:
Habs fans out there, are you like me dreaming to see Vinny wearing the Bleu-Blanc-Rouge sweather ?

Do you think we still have a chance to sign him this year? Or will we have to wait until next year when he'll be a UFA ?

He wont. I think he even said he wants to stay in Tampa. But yes, it would be nice for the Habs to rig him up. :D

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:25 pm

Ewwwwwwwww... Who would want to play for Tampa? Especially a self respecting Quebecer... Even if the money is good... Tampa... That is... Eww.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:30 pm

The Hoser The Hoser:
Ewwwwwwwww... Who would want to play for Tampa? Especially a self respecting Quebecer... Even if the money is good... Tampa... That is... Eww.

Yeah, and Vincent himself said he would love to play for the Canadiens. So there is still hope...

Tman1 please, let us dream :D

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Boston Bruins
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:32 pm

Dream on... :wink:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:32 pm

deneb deneb:
The Hoser The Hoser:

Yeah, and Vincent himself said he would love to play for the Canadiens. So there is still hope...

Tman1 please, let us dream :D

BWHAHAHAHAHA DARE TO DREAM BOYS DARE TO DREAM!

J/K, go Habs go..... 8)

Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:06 pm

Any of the Quebec boys want to play for the Habs. Vincent does, and he did say so himself. Martin St. Louis also said he'd like to go to Montreal.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 9:13 pm

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=131505

There's no denying Lecavalier's love for Tampa and the franchise.

''I'm happy in Tampa,'' said Lecavalier. ''We won the Cup. It's a great bunch of guys there. I love living there, my sister lives there. My first couple of years were pretty tough there but now we're doing very well. But I definitely have to make some decisions.''

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 6:13 am

The Hoser The Hoser:

Haha, outside of Quebec, Florida has the highest population of Quebecers!

Is Montreal even able to afford another big salary player?

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:36 am

Tman1 Tman1:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=131505

There's no denying Lecavalier's love for Tampa and the franchise.

''I'm happy in Tampa,'' said Lecavalier. ''We won the Cup. It's a great bunch of guys there. I love living there, my sister lives there. My first couple of years were pretty tough there but now we're doing very well. But I definitely have to make some decisions.''

For shame... *Hangs head*

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 9:27 am

deneb deneb:

If they can afford him, I say go for it. But that's the question isn't it? Still, if Edmonton can suddenly afford Peca and Pronger, and Calgary can pay Iginla 7 mill, and sign Amonte & Mccarty, I can't see why Montreal couldn't afford 5/6 mill for Lecavlier. I'd prefer if he played in Montreal for parity's sake if nothing else.