Login 
canadian forums
bottom
 
 
Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 1:35 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
CanadianODST wrote:
I just wanna say i'm not blaming Tokarski for the series, he did well. It's just different when Price is in net, he is a better puck handler, he helps the PK and the PP. But we couldn't get anything going in the offensive zone due to NYs high trap system, we couldn't gain entry, and when we did they would clear it easy.

Off-Season moves in my opinion
-Murray, Boullion, White, Parros, Gionta, Markov are gone(He just isn't the same anymore)
-Resign: Weaver, Weise, PK, Eller, Vanek (If he was injured, I think he was)
-Trade: Plekanec, Budaj, Emelin, Bourque( if the return is good) Targeting big winger or 1-2 Dman



10 players gone from a 18 man game-day roster? Not likely.

They did quite well, no need to remove half the team.

We have a lot of UFAs and RFAs this year, whom I listed as need to be gone.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11907
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 5:48 am
 


It took until game 5 before Patrick Kane remembered how to play hockey. Game seven should be an incredible game.

I'm thinking that either team from the west will make short work of the Rangers, unless Lundquist has the best games of his career.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 480
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 12:43 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
10 players gone from a 18 man game-day roster? Not likely.

They did quite well, no need to remove half the team.



They had a whack of over-achievers. That team had no business being where they were but people played above their heads IMO.

As for the roster, I think there are a lot of changes to be made. Vanek has a year left I think but I don't know why they would want to keep him. Gionta played ok this year but he has more in common with Gomez that just 'used to be on New Jersey'...the guy is mostly invisible. They will have to pay through the nose for Subban. I bet someone writes up an offer sheet for that guy and the Habs have to match or let him go. Vancouver could do it. Prust sucks...cost the team in key situations if you look at it. Briere? I don't know...played ok in the playoffs and the rest of the year, I thought he had retired.

Therien's face is too big for his head so they should either pitch in for some surgery or put him in an office somewhere.

The Canadiens also have changed their name a few times throughout their history so maybe it is time to do that again. After all, most Canadians hate them, and it doesn't matter that they spell it Canadiens - that's not enough of a difference...change it to Montreal Buffoons or something.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 13404
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:42 pm
 


The Canadiens also have changed their name a few times throughout their history so maybe it is time to do that again. After all, most Canadians hate them, and it doesn't matter that they spell it Canadiens - that's not enough of a difference...change it to Montreal Buffoons or something.



How about their old name ... the Maroons ... just like you.


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9914
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 2:43 pm
 


smorgdonkey wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
10 players gone from a 18 man game-day roster? Not likely.

They did quite well, no need to remove half the team.



They had a whack of over-achievers. That team had no business being where they were but people played above their heads IMO.

As for the roster, I think there are a lot of changes to be made. Vanek has a year left I think but I don't know why they would want to keep him. Gionta played ok this year but he has more in common with Gomez that just 'used to be on New Jersey'...the guy is mostly invisible. They will have to pay through the nose for Subban. I bet someone writes up an offer sheet for that guy and the Habs have to match or let him go. Vancouver could do it. Prust sucks...cost the team in key situations if you look at it. Briere? I don't know...played ok in the playoffs and the rest of the year, I thought he had retired.

Therien's face is too big for his head so they should either pitch in for some surgery or put him in an office somewhere.

The Canadiens also have changed their name a few times throughout their history so maybe it is time to do that again. After all, most Canadians hate them, and it doesn't matter that they spell it Canadiens - that's not enough of a difference...change it to Montreal Buffoons or something.


OMG...What a Maroon


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 3:16 pm
 


smorgdonkey wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
10 players gone from a 18 man game-day roster? Not likely.

They did quite well, no need to remove half the team.



They had a whack of over-achievers. That team had no business being where they were but people played above their heads IMO.

As for the roster, I think there are a lot of changes to be made. Vanek has a year left I think but I don't know why they would want to keep him. Gionta played ok this year but he has more in common with Gomez that just 'used to be on New Jersey'...the guy is mostly invisible. They will have to pay through the nose for Subban. I bet someone writes up an offer sheet for that guy and the Habs have to match or let him go. Vancouver could do it. Prust sucks...cost the team in key situations if you look at it. Briere? I don't know...played ok in the playoffs and the rest of the year, I thought he had retired.

Therien's face is too big for his head so they should either pitch in for some surgery or put him in an office somewhere.

The Canadiens also have changed their name a few times throughout their history so maybe it is time to do that again. After all, most Canadians hate them, and it doesn't matter that they spell it Canadiens - that's not enough of a difference...change it to Montreal Buffoons or something.


Is there a petition we can sign to have the internet forcefully removed from this guy? Maybe something court ordered?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 480
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:10 am
 


Are you guys really that uptight that you can't see the humour starts at the Therien comment? Is it just that the Habs fans really are so childish that they have to sulk for a few weeks? Come on.

I heard one of the tv guys say that Vanek was unrestricted after this season so I don't know why I thought he had another year.

On a related note, I was going to ask if anyone wanted to join the Habs Haters group on Facebook but when I did a search to see if there were any other groups with similar names, I saw SO MANY of them!! I stopped counting at 17.

So...in closing, I'd like to say "lighten up Francis".


Offline
Site Admin
Site Admin
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 9914
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:11 am
 


:roll:


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:46 am
 


Montreal supposedly looking to sign Jarome Iginla. Heard the Bruins can't re-sign him?


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 480
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:50 am
 


QBC wrote:
:roll:


Oh come on!!

I'm just a fat kid trying to make friends.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 11362
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:27 pm
 


CanadianODST wrote:
Montreal supposedly looking to sign Jarome Iginla. Heard the Bruins can't re-sign him?


That would be interesting.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10666
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:38 pm
 


CanadianODST wrote:
Montreal supposedly looking to sign Jarome Iginla. Heard the Bruins can't re-sign him?


Waste of money.

You have a young, fast team....you don't need an old fart chewing up tons of salary playing on the 3rd or 4th line.

He's a great guy and has a purpose...but not on a up and coming team like Montreal. They can do better.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:17 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
CanadianODST wrote:
Montreal supposedly looking to sign Jarome Iginla. Heard the Bruins can't re-sign him?


Waste of money.

You have a young, fast team....you don't need an old fart chewing up tons of salary playing on the 3rd or 4th line.

He's a great guy and has a purpose...but not on a up and coming team like Montreal. They can do better.


What we're looking for, he is perfect, he would slot in beside Desharnais and Pacioretty.


Offline
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
Profile
Posts: 10666
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:05 pm
 


CanadianODST wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
CanadianODST wrote:
Montreal supposedly looking to sign Jarome Iginla. Heard the Bruins can't re-sign him?


Waste of money.

You have a young, fast team....you don't need an old fart chewing up tons of salary playing on the 3rd or 4th line.

He's a great guy and has a purpose...but not on a up and coming team like Montreal. They can do better.


What we're looking for, he is perfect, he would slot in beside Desharnais and Pacioretty.


Iggy won't play in Montreal anyways. He wants his best chance to win and that's not in Montreal. He'll be a good fit for a contender.

He'll be back with the Bruins.


Offline
Active Member
Active Member
 Montreal Canadiens


GROUP_AVATAR
User avatar
Profile
Posts: 344
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:52 pm
 


OnTheIce wrote:
OnTheIce wrote:
CanadianODST wrote:
Montreal supposedly looking to sign Jarome Iginla. Heard the Bruins can't re-sign him?


Waste of money.

You have a young, fast team....you don't need an old fart chewing up tons of salary playing on the 3rd or 4th line.

He's a great guy and has a purpose...but not on a up and coming team like Montreal. They can do better.


What we're looking for, he is perfect, he would slot in beside Desharnais and Pacioretty.


Iggy won't play in Montreal anyways. He wants his best chance to win and that's not in Montreal. He'll be a good fit for a contender.

He'll be back with the Bruins.[/quote]
But that's what I'm saying, IF its true the Bruins don't sign him(Cap space?). He would be perfect for us. +2 wins away from Final= Contender


Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 516 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 26  27  28  29  30  31  32 ... 35  Next



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest



cron
 
     
All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.
The comments are property of their posters, all the rest © Canadaka.net. Powered by © phpBB.